MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I put up signs asking people to slow down because of the dust. Everyone else does but him. I can`t wait all day to see when he is going by and Hell I miss him every time! (pot shots, LOL) Maybe 12 ga. hardened steel sluggers to the engine ? anyway it is becoming smoky because of a fire somewhere now! Had ashes falling awhile ago !!! asthma !!!

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

I put up signs asking people to slow down because of the dust. Everyone else does but him. I can`t wait all day to see when he is going by and Hell I miss him every time! (pot shots, LOL) Maybe 12 ga. hardened steel sluggers to the engine ? anyway it is becoming smoky because of a fire somewhere now! Had ashes falling awhile ago !!! asthma !!!
yeah Hope you avoid the Fire..

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s a ways from me and in no danger....Unless it keeps spreading and spreading out of control. Sparks from a fire can travel miles and start new fires all over so this fire does pose some danger as I`ve already had ash fall from it at one point. But As I understand half of the county and some of the near by counties have had ash fall from this fire!!! Were are looking at a possible thunder storm on Monday, hope no dry lightning !!! Little rain would be good. I`ll have to take that request to the Boss upstairs. ;-)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Going for a load of water before my son gets here to work for me today. Were going the start the end frames for the greenhouses. Couldn`t get the light tower to start last night! I think it is the battery again. I don`t think it`s fully charging when running. I`ll put it on the charger and get it back up and running. Not good to have it running back and forth. The girls really want to go into flower so bad already. I`m thinking maybe an other week or so and shut it down , aloowing the girls to go into flower. I keep hearing how the prices are going higher and higher for units around here. Wish I could afford to hold on to mine until this time of year!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yesterday went poorly. We only got the back end of two greenhouses framed ,the screen doors stained and some heavy house cleaning done. I was/am sick with something. Got the light tower running . well my son will be back for a day some time this week and we should be able to get more done then. I plan on getting a load of water, watering and spraying the lower plants today but we will see. Weather report calling for rain this afternoon so I`ll pick up and put away everything just incase it does. Really feel like spending the day in bed. My blood sugar wasn`t very high yesterday , only about 110 in the morning so that`s not it. Must be a bug or something.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
10384808 10152495254444518 4726094442263578576 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Actually feeling better today. It rained a little and cleaned the air of some of the smoke but I guess it hasn`t put out the fires. It`s cool and my feet are freezing is all! Looks like I don`t need to water so may go get a load of water anyway to catch up. I plan on tying up the plants on the lower greenhouse and spraying them today. May also try to finish some of the insulated beds. Need to finish 12 panels , everything was cut and stained but my son didn`t want to try to attach them in the narrow areas between the beds. Might also take a trip to town for fuel and supplies later. Tomorrow my son is coming up to work some more on framing the ends with me. His GF has classes so she won`t be up. Guess no housekeeping or cooking this time! She`s such a sweetie (and she trims! ;- )

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK plans change., I got one load of water and rinsed out the 325 gallon tank used for mixing and applying tea. I`m nearly done cleaning out my fresh water supply tank and next will be the 225 gallon water transfer tank in the truck. anything else will go into the 1000 gallon tank to water with. The idea is to fetch some well water for the fresh water tank using the transfer tank in the truck then fill the tea mixing tank. In the morning I`ll get a load of spring water before my son gets here and put it in the tea mixing tank. the next water I get will go into the 1000 gallon tank and then if I`m still ahead I`ll leave the tank in the truck full. Stock up while I can and the cool weather allows me more time as the plants are keeping moist. Bettyer not to over water but it`s a good time to get caught up on water. I can go to town late anyway as long as I`m back in time to start the light tower. I`ll still need to tie up the plants in the lower GH and spray as well as work on those insulation panels, but for now I need to get the jump on the water and get some tea going for the plants to get a better harvest. If I ever get ahead I`ll take a nap or something. (That`s not going to happen while it stays cool and I can get some work done!)

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

you go @markscastle .. :-) cooler weather makes it easier on us humans too ..
hope the Ladies are doing well for ya,sounds so.. and ya get that water all caught up..
Grow strong ,, be well

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just waiting on the rain to stop to go fetch water. Spring should be up, right? Can`t use the pump in the rain! can`t use the electric pressure washer to clean out water tanks, can`t stain anything,can`t cut fire wood, can`t or don`t need to water. Only thing I can think to do is take a long warm shower and watch a DVD or something. What a waste of a good day! It should only rain at night !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK had some time off, kind of, next few days it hump ass to catch up ! Water catchup, tie, spray, finish insulation of beds. My son will be coming up this weekend to help frame the ends. I also got reminded to fix the roof on the motor home. shy light and one vent still leaking. thinking I need to put that new electric heater in the Blazer and think about giving it a new set of shoes. also thinking I should have more fuel space for the diesel generator best deal seams to buy multiple 55 gal drums and a hand pump. Maybe a couple plastic pallets to put them on. cheaper than a tank and stand. I should stock up soon as gas/diesel fuel goes rock bottom. Also gas is cheaper and not that summer blend crap. I don`t see diesel going down as fast as gas, gas doesn`t keep well without some stabilizer added where they can hold on to diesel fuel longer.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got the 1000 gallon tank filled, the mix tank and started so tea. Working under lights to finish cleaning out the 225 gallon water tote I use in the truck to transfer water from the Spring. I soaked it full of water and a half gallon of bleach. It needs to be washed and aired out before I go to my friends and get a load of well water for the now clean fresh water tank I use to fill the RV. If I can accomplish this tomorrow I`ll work on the tying and get the spraying done. I also need a quick trip to town and if I can get to it I might work a little on the above ground beds , putting insulated panels on to finish that job . I am so behind. My son should be coming up this weekend to work some more on the end framing of the Greenhouses. I`ll keep doing what I can to get in shape for this winter along the way. Nobody ever said this would be easy

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
transferring the fresh water from the truck now, just got back from town. I had to pick up a few things. I got tape so now I can tie things up soon as I get the chance. Not sure what time my son is coming in the morning. I`ll do chores at 6am when I get up to shut off the light tower. Then set back up to cut lumber , had to put everything away for the rain. After that I tie what I can until he gets here.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
So pissed! I forgot to close the drain valve when cleaning the fresh water tank and ended up pumping 90% of the water I fetched from my friends well onto the ground. It was dark and I didn`t see it happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom