MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got a hood start on cleaning up the pine needles in camp yesterday and desided to have a cat go over the road to the creek. I'll take the box scraper over it and make a turn around closer to the creek/ spring. The dozer operater I used may also clear a pad and put in a colvert. First I need to find someone to clear the oak trees . Had an offer to rent for a season but they thought it would take to long to clear the trees out. I have a friend who has a ton of nice clones and if I can get the trees cleared we may grow them out there.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ended up only getting one load of water. Stopped off at a friends house and blazed a few. Oh well always tomorrow! Just need the 1000 gallon tank filled to be all caught up. Sure is nice having the road smoothed out!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Spent most of the day off my feet. I did rebuild a broken outdoor table. My feet hurt and it eas hot. My son was going to come up and help today but canseled. He had himework for his classes that are nearly over.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like I'll have my daughters and most of my grandkids up for a BBQ this coming weekend. Going to do some more cleaning up of camp , re supply and maybe work on fixing the screen doors to the greenhouse this week. I will also get the 1000 gallon tank full and clean out the spring again. I cleaned it once but it just filled up with sand again somehow. Sure hope it cools back down a little. Wprking at a crawl in the heat!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ok now I'm down to one daughter as my other daughter just got a job and can't make it. Went back to town again today. I had to pick up one of my meds they didn't have ready the other day and got the rest of my list covered. Maybe cooling a little so maybe I can get a full day in and get something done!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ok that fetching thing didn't work out so well. Blood sugar went out of control after the BBQ and I felt like krap! Better now so back to work! I plan on doing a few little things like retieing some of the rooled up side plastic on the greenhouses. Will fetch so watet and working on cloning some ]lants off my purple D , cheese And cheery bomb moms. I also need to go over by hand a few of my units run through the twister. Re weigh and package them better. I'll get a load or two of water each day until the tanks are all full instead of trying to get them all done at once. I can't put everything off to catch up water tanks I'm not needing full at this point anyway.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got a mess of clones taken from my three moms, transplanted some clones and picked up a couple males for a seed prject today, but pooped out and didn't get a load of water. I'll finish re-potting after chores and spend the rest of the day fetching some water tomorrow?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I still need to re-pot 10 tripple cherry that are in cups and get one last load of water to have all my tanks full today. May run the weed eater again on the weeds. My son is coming up tomorrow to cut some brush for my brush wall so my greenhouses can't be seen from the road. I still need to pick up some of the pine needles also. Then I'll get ready to do a dump run. Got to keep camp very clean. The DA said tbey will be going after growers for violations of enviromental laws this year . No trash or chemicals here!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just got buzzed by a BCSD chopper! New state laws don't apply until Jan 1rst. 2018, only medical laws apply. Butt Co. Only allows 150 sq. Ft. With three scripts! They are dishing out fines and putting it against people's properties as a lien. Most people lose there properties because of the excesive fines.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I'm still going to plant 30 this year. They will be small starting out and planted late though. They always out grow my greenhouse anyway. I have most of what I need already as left overs from other grows so I won't have alot to come up with for ferts.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well I was watering and weeding the family garden for my great grand parents in the late 50's but didn't have a plant of my own until I was 6 years old. So yes started in the early 60's. Didn't start breeding and cloning until 1964 ish?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I know my mother's clan grew hemp early on in the 1600's. They were Scott's - Irish slaves owned by a black family . My father's clan came from Scotland and grew hemp from the start. They came to New England in the 1620's and migrated to the south where they started a hemp plantation in Virgina called Virgina Hemp & Seed. They were friends of the Jefferson and Lee family's who lived nearby them. Tomas Jefferson being one of the signers of the Constitution and a hemp farmer like his father. Robert Lee became a General in the confederacy after stepping down from comanding West Point. His father had a plantation near our families plantation . They grew tabacco ,cotten, poppies and hemp.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Most of my cuttings are rooting and my mom's have grown back enough for more cuttings. I will now have enough of my own clones to suply my grow this year. Not sure what to do with all the extra. May use some for making some seeds?

Top Bottom