MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
For thoughs who follow this thread, I'm sorry I haven't put more into this lately. I've been battleing health problems ansexcessive heat . The garden has been taking up most of my energies and is doing great, much better than myself.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Last day of 100 +degree heat for a while! Can't keep up with fetching water in the heat but the plants are loving it! Me, not so much. Burned up one of my water pumps and the heat makes me weak and sick. My teeth are also hurting me again. Man I realy need to see a dentest and start getting them all pulled out! My dad also had bad teeth. Instead of taking time off from work all the time he had enough sence to have them all pulled when he was 28 yrs old. If only I had been so smart!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looking at 3/4acres water line ,power on the corner of property,phone line on other side of gravel road.level and fenced with sun. Needs septic to conect water up, no meter! Cell tower very nearby. I could put a moble home in and greenhouse, fruit trees, and small veggie garden. The fence is cedar board, 8 foot tall. It's afordable now but would break me. I wouldn't be able to start moving in until I have the septic in and water hooked up. I 'd meed a temporary power poll put in also, but no well.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam , Blood sugar was 356 last night after I forgot to take my meds until 11 pm. They put you in the hospital If reaches 400. I didn't feel well, but had know idea it was that high! Still feeling weak this morning.

below frigid

below frigid

Hope your feeling better. Try and not push yourself too hard. I know there is lots to do, I live off the grid as well. Hot here too. Hard for me sometimes and I am a little younger and feel pretty good. Solar for the big freezer took a poop Saturday. Trying to keep it charged with a portable charger and generator while I wait for parts. Don't want to screw up my battery bank. Have new controller coming but now I found a bad inline photovoltic fuse. Took it out and am now charging but my voltage from panels is still low. I am thinking bad diodes. What a pain.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got two loads of water yesterday despite not feeling good. Feeling better today. Going to get a couple more loads today. Really interested in the property I looked at the other day. the gravel road is like washboard those and would need new gravel for over a mile. I`d need a dump truck and a trailer for my tractor so I could move , fix the road and bring in some top soil . along with that temporary power pole and septic system installed. I`m still looking around though, might find something even better! couldn`t move until spring anyway.

below frigid

below frigid

I got two loads of water yesterday despite not feeling good. Feeling better today. Going to get a couple more loads today. Really interested in the property I looked at the other day. the gravel road is like washboard those and would need new gravel for over a mile. I`d need a dump truck and a trailer for my tractor so I could move , fix the road and bring in some top soil . along with that temporary power pole and septic system installed. I`m still looking around though, might find something even better! couldn`t move until spring anyway.

Might be better staying where your at until this N Korea thing plays out. Just saying. I know when we get older power and water hook ups make life much easier. I have a well ( generator power) like to switch it to solar and up grade my solar power system so I don't have to run the generators so much. We just got a solar oven since we have abundant sunshine. Made stew, Carrot cake, chorizo & vegetable soup (veggies from our garden) and pot roast so far. It has a tracker so set it and forget it. Wife just got a wood pellet pizza oven (UUNI 3) I think it's called. Pizza in three minutes, takes about 10 to get it going. Saving on the propane big time.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think one of my Bubba Kush is a male. Maybe one other plant as well. The guy I got some of my clones from enlisted help and his helper mixed some seed plants with the clones. I'm old and sick alot of the time but this is why I don't want to take on helpers! Anyway more water fetching today . Plants will need tied up soon. Had two branches break on me but got those ones mended up. One olant is starting into flower a little early, maybe the clouds and smoke from fires?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Down to 44 plants now and they are mostly medium size at that! Don't think I will ever trust my friend's clones again! Hope to get some mom's of my own going for next year and make my own clones. I'll have to see what happends with the move and if I' ll be able to grow at all next spring .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just put some organic ferts on the plants and going to work this weekend on catching up fetching water before I start to tie up yhe plants to protect against broken branches. I also went to town yesterday and got neem oil, sulfer powder, calseum and something for any possible worm infestation. I'll begain spraying right after the planst get tied up. The weight of the sprays would cause branches to break otherwise. 100 % effert to get the garden caught up so I can get to other things!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got water all caught up and the transfer tank in the truck is also full. My son is coming to do some work for me again on Sunday. Going to have him help tie up the plants, clean out the spring and help clean out the septic. One more plant was a male and got cut yesterday. Down to 43 all but two of the 43 are showing sex and female so hope that is all the males weeded out now! Good thing I' desided to work with two large co-ops in the next county over. I should still have a good combined yield. Going to do chores and head out for town today. May also look at some property before I head home.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like my son won't make it up. He hurt his ankle. I need to bust my buns now to get em all tied up. I've already had some broken branches and they are just now starting into flower and branches will be getting heavy. Work,work,work! I just don't see how industreal growers can do big grows and have quality. It just takes to much labor. Maybe they hope the customers won't notis the lower quality ? Maybe they think they can pay slave wages and still make good? There just isn't any way to grow large quanities by the acre and still have quality buds. Can you say brick weed, lol!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Was sick most of the day. Just managed to get my chores done and not much else. Got so much to catch up!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not good. I've been ordered out of yhe area because of a nearby fire. If I go my crop will die from not being watered even if the fire doesn't reach here. They aren't letting people back in or I'd have made a few trips to my storage in town to get stuff out of here. As It is I can only take one vehical so packing only what I can and have pet crates out and ready if needed. I can bug out fast but hate to lose so much stuff if I can help it. In the mean time I'll do what I can for the plants as long as I can safely hold out.Not even smokey and the fire is 10 miles away! If it gets two miles away I'm out of here. Hope tjey can knock it out before that.

Top Bottom