MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Back to cool rainy weather. Been getting loads of soil from a friend who is moving. Got 5 loads as well as 60+ grow bags. Got maybe 4-5 more loads to left to get. I got a water tower bult and my old 150 gallon yransfer tank is 20 ft. In the air. It will feed a swamp cooler in the window of mu RV. It will use much less juice to run than the AC and help save fuel in the generator. The motor is only 1/10 horsepower .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Almost got all the soil. One on the truck and one more load to fetch. I'm way to old to be doing this much hard labor , ouch !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Had to take a sick day. Got chores and emptied the soil in the truck is all. I got aboit as much soil as I have room for anyway. Going to give the resy away to a friend. Then back to work on projects.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got all the soil out of the truck yesterday, what a chore ! Just found the back of my little root cellar starting to calaps. This is where I keep vacuum pack units cool through the heat of summer until they are gone so needs fixed soon. Nothing hurt and still funtional but don't want to take any chances so giving it priority. Heat will be here soon enough and can damage quality .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Spent yet an other whole day helping others and got none of my stuff even worked on. Well there's always tomarrow , well after I help a widow get to her out of town doctor's visit .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I'm re - potting all my plants in 5 gallon pots in the next few days. None are showing sex yet . Hope they do so soon as they need to be in the ground soon !

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I happened across your most recent post in the new threads. Recognized your pic/name. Read the beginning of this thread and immediately skipped to the end. Awesome story. You're living my dream. Gonna go back thru the thread and catch up. Any particular points in this adventure I should look for. Lol.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I happened across your most recent post in the new threads. Recognized your pic/name. Read the beginning of this thread and immediately skipped to the end. Awesome story. You're living my dream. Gonna go back thru the thread and catch up. Any particular points in this adventure I should look for. Lol.
No not realy , it's a long story though.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

sound like things are moving along .. MC ,hope your doing well .. and growing good bud like always.. :-)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Goung to be alot of pre 98 this year. I started a hand full of old seed from 1996-7 was hoping I'd get a male and female so I could make fresh seed. Well suprize , suprize 100 % germ on them . Good thing cause the last few years all the clones I got had little flavor and most of it smoked like it eas watered down. This should be the real thing. Should be like the original OG but have a coffee taste and smell .

trickle

trickle

Really nice to come back and see this thread didn't end!
I'd love to see some pre98 seedlings grown out... looking forward to it. Thanks for continuing to share @markscastle

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Goung to be alot of pre 98 this year. I started a hand full of old seed from 1996-7 was hoping I'd get a male and female so I could make fresh seed. Well suprize , suprize 100 % germ on them . Good thing cause the last few years all the clones I got had little flavor and most of it smoked like it eas watered down. This should be the real thing. Should be like the original OG but have a coffee taste and smell .
You wouldn't happen to be hoarding some vintage 99 Blueberry? Lol.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got my swamp cooler water line on,just need to address some leaks so I don't waste water. Got the brush fience fixed thanks to my son I got my veggies planted and half of the Bubba planted in 5 gallon pots. Also some clean up . Getting the rest potted then ? Not really sure, rain again but light. May get more.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been raining two days now. Got two truck loads of manure and $500 worth of nutrents ready to mix in the soil . My son was comi g up to help but it's raining .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Son came up and helped start mixing the soil with manure and lime. Goung to add some virgin valley loam in as well as treat with teas. Been working hard( for an old fart) getting brush , pine needles and leaves raked up for fire safety. Almost done with spring cleaning. Plants are loving the 5 gallon pots but most have yet to show sex yet. Should hold them from becoming root bound for a few weeks or until they have pre- flowers.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Son is coming up again in the morning to do more work on the soil. Been working as best I could on cleaning up the camp and getting it fire safe. Be glade to have it caught up. I still need to do a little work on the greenhouses and maybe then I can get back to doing a good Spring cleaning of Rv's ,trucks and the inside of the office trailor. Plants are just starting to show sex. I'll start 0lantung those that show as the bottem greenhouse gets all done and fill the rest as things develope. A

dextr0

dextr0

Damn Mark much respects. You probably have no idea who I am but I remember watching this thread from time to time...the ruff start you got off too...
I came to see who was still posting...I thought for sure SEA would be around but I haven't seen her...
Anyway glad to see your doing ok and still growing man. Stay safe. I'll be flipping through your thread next couple of days. Pretty crazy you've been posting that long...

Top Bottom