MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Bro, there are plenty writers who will use their "poetic license" to add plenty of drama to your story after it's sold! By the time that movie comes out, you won't even recognize your own "life"... Haha!
Let them invent drama!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got a lumber rack for the truck. I was going to get pvc pipe and start my tunnel frames but I`m going to be moving my son up here first. I`ll have to get his car running and help him move most of his stuff into storage. Only thing wrong with the car is the battery. Going to move his stuff into my daughters storage locker. This way he`ll be here to help. He`s going to stay in a tent so I was joking with him that he is now homeless. We both kind of are. Got to get a structure up, maybe just a cabana for the RV or a small cabin made. Then I can say I have a home. This is just luxury camping really.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Luxury camping! I like that phrase, MC. Wish I was up in the hills doin some off that myself. Hoping to have a nice plot by next spring. Great work so far this season. Best of luck with everything, bro.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Funny how plans change. My son has a week to move out in and because he has a bunch of food he wants to wait a few days until I help him move up here. OK I guess if I can have the watering caught up and the tanks all full before hand. I got the PVC pipe some hardware and the plastic for the tunnels today but will have to wait until morning to unload the truck. Lots I can work on while waiting to move my son anyway. He can help me stretch the plastic before the end of next month when it may storm next. Other than that I can get by without him for now.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Man I must have been tired last night! I trimmed the suckers and watered then unloaded the truck. I got black plastic instead of clear. An other trip to town is in order I guess. Hope they have what I need! I can pick up some pallets ,boxes and some plywood while I`m at it. Need a metal saw blade for the circular saw to cut roofing and a few other things anyway.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like I need to go back to Amazon. I asked for Xcell bloom and they gave me Bud XL which cost me $59.99. All it has in it is Ammonium Nitrate, Nitric Acid, and pot ash. I`m not trying to make explosives! I was looking for IPA( or BAP) in a foliage spray.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got the clear plastic, returned the Bud XL (they gave me a store credit),Picked up some boxes and pallets. I got to see my Daughter and Grandson! Also got a metal cutting blade for the saw. I did laundry and had pizza. Not a bad day. Watered this morning already and will unload the truck and fetch more water. Need to work on the tunnels, dry room ,and generator shed roof as looks like it will be wet by the end of the month and into the first week of Oct. I picked up a flat screen HDTV and a poll for a antenna but couldn`t find a good antenna in town. Have to order over the net as I need a 150 mile+ with rotor. It will be nice to be able to watch the news and weather again! Pictures coming end of the first week of Sept.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hey Smokes!

We got some light rain last night. Seven broken branches this morning but I tied em up so they should survive.

I now need to rent a new storage area. I`ve had my stuff from the house in storage for a few years now. My son is moving up here and my daughter is having trouble paying for hrt storage space. She`s almost ready to move into a low income apt. so I`ll move there stuff into storage that`s large enough for all of our stuff I guess and pay for it all as they don`t have any income to speak of. I plan on getting a place in the valley so It should be short live, maybe just a few months. Long as I don`t end up with stuff stored in the rental house! I`ll need the garage space for mother plants and cloning next years crop.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m looking at problems when I get the frame for the tunnels done and go to fit the plastic on. Seems the plants have bulged out over the beds in a lot of places and will be hard to cover. This wouldn`t have happened if the plants were screened as I had planned. If I try to adapt the frames to cover the plants better I`ll have to redo the whole thing for next years grow as they will be screened then. I might just put it up as planned and try to train them as well as possible to stay under the tunnels. I`ll post a few pics tomorrow (after midnight). You can see what I`m up against.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

its good to try to pace yourself !
it sucks when things don't cooperate at the same pace !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Tell me about it! My ladder is shot as is my cordless drill. I think I can borrow a ladder and I`m trying to charge up an older 9.6v drill now . Can`t work on much until I get those. I also still need to order poly clamps to put on the plastic . They`ll have to be delivered ground ship so that`s also a trip to my kids house to pick them up.

I got some of my son`s stuff moved and should have my daughter and son`s stuff into storage by Sunday. I also need to move my stuff into the same unit ,this will save some money and make it easyer to get to my stuff when I need to.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0327

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
You can see the problem, right? If I place the PVC pipe bowed over the upright lumber between two rows and cover them making three 40 ft. tunnels with two rows of beds down ether side the rain will shed off onto the foliage that bulges over the beds. About all I can do is try to tuck in the foliage along the out side of the tunnels. If I could have done a screen of green the foliage would have been trained to be under the cover better. The branches would have been mostly up right from the screens. Next year I`ll try to get ahead on my work schedule so I should be able to do that. Here`s some more pics.
DSCN0331
DSCN0337
DSCN0334

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The ones in tubs were topped and many are over the 6 ft. support poles . this will make it hard to tent them with plastic before a rain.
DSCN0330

Latest posts

Top Bottom