MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Is anyone else getting cold this time of year or is it just me? 29 degree temps feels like 25! Got to keep the dogs water thawed for em. Gave them some scraps and they wouldn`t come out of their dog houses to eat it tonight!!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Holly shitsky! Now they say snow tomorrow and temps in the teens! I`m not ready for this stuff yet!!! Still have to harvest the pop corn that was not hard and still trimming in the shed. I got electric heaters in there but I`m not sure how well that will work out in these temps. Hoping to land a place in the valley soon! I still need to put a skirt on the RV and maybe some insulation on most of the windows as I`m still going to up here a lot. Right now I can hardly walk . Next stop the doctor`s then we`ll see what`s up.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep clouds this morning. Best I could do with the RV heater was 55 degrees last night. When I run the electric heater/generator 70 degrees. My left foot is killing me but I have movement in my big toe now. I guess it isn`t going to be paralyzed permanently just the inflammation causing it.

The toilet is plugged the sink in the kitchen is leaking and If I get time I`d like to fill the 1000gal tank before it snows later today. My son took a mini vacation in the valley and is looking at rentals. If it snows I`ll have to chain up to get out but I`m stocked up ok so don`t see any reason I`d have to . I`m thinking time to run the generator /heater / TV and a movie in bed along with a joint and then a nap. Problem is I have my two cats and my son`s two cats and they hog the blankets! I woke up with them all under it with me and all around me in bed. Not my best idea of getting a little pussy ! LOL! Hope everyone is staying worm as ths cold front seems to be everywhere ! Well maybe not in LA though? Do they ever get snow?

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

Hang in there Mark. This is rd 3 of this cold crap and its bad when it bothers us in SE NM. We are normally a warm spot all winter. Ya'll keep this crap up North!

YJ

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got 6 inches so far! Nice powder if I could still ski but that was years ago. Thinking of making a very larger snow ball and throwing it at Canada!!! Makes it hard to connect to the net except on my Galaxy 4 phone.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well looks like a good foot of snow out there. Hoops are all crushed down. Going to explore and see how the shed made it ....after some coffee anyway!

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Yep clouds this morning. Best I could do with the RV heater was 55 degrees last night. When I run the electric heater/generator 70 degrees. My left foot is killing me but I have movement in my big toe now. I guess it isn`t going to be paralyzed permanently just the inflammation causing it.

The toilet is plugged the sink in the kitchen is leaking and If I get time I`d like to fill the 1000gal tank before it snows later today. My son took a mini vacation in the valley and is looking at rentals. If it snows I`ll have to chain up to get out but I`m stocked up ok so don`t see any reason I`d have to . I`m thinking time to run the generator /heater / TV and a movie in bed along with a joint and then a nap. Problem is I have my two cats and my son`s two cats and they hog the blankets! I woke up with them all under it with me and all around me in bed. Not my best idea of getting a little pussy ! LOL! Hope everyone is staying worm as ths cold front seems to be everywhere ! Well maybe not in LA though? Do they ever get snow?
stay safe out there !

Black Lab

Black Lab

I started reading from the beginning about 5 hours ago. I had to keep reading to find out what happened. If you had it on film it would have made a great reality show :) Thanks for an interesting afternoon reading about your mountain adventure. Come down off the mountain for Christmas and get a start on your clones for next year. And, yes it is cold down here in southern California, too. Nothing like you have but cold for us and enough to give my garden problems. You're a good dude. Good luck and good harvests to you and your family.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got a place in the valley now. Going to take some time to get my son moved in. Soon as he`s all moved I`ll have a place to do laundry, take showers and do trimming. I`ll be able to have my dental work caught up and not have to drive all the way up the hill in pain ! I`ll be up the hill most of the time but when it gets to cold I got somewhere to land. He`ll be moving back in Spring and I should have female clones all ready for next year`s planting as well. Also some where to have ground deliveries when needed!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh my teeth are beyond help! I`m looking forward to a new set that don`t ach or get infected! Most of my teeth are below the gum line with a few broken sharp tips poking out here and there. I remember looking at a horse`s teeth to see what the age was when looking at new stock when I was young. I`d put myself at the glue factory stage! I`m not that far away from a rest home ,just hope to find one with a nice garden that needs tending, ;-)

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

I didn't wait for mine to get that bad Mark. While I was working overseas where we had NO dentist around without a flight back to the states when mine started giving me problems I had them all yanked and dentures made. Problem was he left some microshards sticking out from my lower front gum that caused me pain anytime I put the dentures in.

After a couple months the Air Farce dental team made their semi annual visit and I got him to find and remove those shards. Too late, I'd already adapted to eating without teeth. Just means I can't gnaw it off the bone anymore. Still enjoy tacos.

YJ

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My Dad had all his teeth pulled and dentures made when he was 28 yrs. old . I think he wanted to stop having to take time off from work. He knew his Scottish teeth wouldn`t last anyway. I spent so much time , money, and pain trying to keep them ,it`s a shame. Thinking I might go to Mexico to have the dentures made.

First things first, I need to get into the Doctor`s and see what`s up with my feet and hand. Then I need new Glasses made. Then maybe work on the teeth/dentures. It`s going to take some personal care if I will be ready to grow next season as well as, more prep work and fallow through on the garden.

SpiderKid

SpiderKid

I used this for my hybrids outdoors. Worked perfect, had a canopy of oak trees above. Forced everything into 12's . 13's when i wanted. Everything was mobile so i would walk them out every a.m., avoid rains , avoid rains late in flower, packed with straw as the temps hit 29º at night the last week....

Picture 118

Last edited:
ftwendy

ftwendy

I used this for my hybrids outdoors. Worked perfect, had a canopy of oak trees above. Forced everything into 12's . 13's when i wanted. Everything was mobile so i would walk them out every a.m., avoid rains , avoid rains late in flower, packed with straw as the temps hit 29º at night the last week....

View attachment 359158

That's fuckin great... props on the determination man

SpiderKid

SpiderKid

That's fuckin great... props on the determination man

Was not easy. But i grew out 6 larger plants & 45 two foot mini's. 12 strains, Goji Og, garlic breath, diesel fire, cheese berry, alien fruit, buddhas on moonshine, ndn's g13, greedo's stash, bianca fire, raspberry kush, headband x monkeyballs, .....

The only issue i gotta work out is more airflow. The humidity was real high a few times / overnight during rains with most of it bottled up.

Top Bottom