MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Kudos ! I understand the humidity problem. I`m thinking of having true greenhouses if possible next year. Going to need to vent and use a/c and heaters as well as fans, sulfur burners, lights and co2. Hope the generator will be up to it! Also thinking of doing a auto flower grow and a sativa grow along with it. I`ll try a limited seed grow also but not near by.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Despite snow still on the ground I think this is mostly a dry Winter so far. I`m thinking my spring feed creek is running lower than last year and I may have problems next summer if it gets any lower. I need to get more water tanks and look into getting a larger tank for my truck, maybe a water truck with 1800 gal tank for extra storage. If I can get completely covered tunnels with end covers as well It would cut some water use.

Even though the snow crushed the tunnels down ,I think the PVC pipes will bounce back into shape. I got a good look inside and the fluffy buds I left at harvest are now harder. Some are to small and others were large to start with, just not hard. I`ll use much of the small stuff for hash. I`ve still got a lot of trimming to do but estimate I got a yield of 50-60 lbs out of those plants . If I get my next crop started early instead of late and can do a screen of green I should be able to double my yield or better next year! soon as I get situated in the new place I`m going to get my 120 site cloner set up and start some seeds for mother plants. May even make extra medical clones to help fund some projects. Sure someone would want some AAA+ medical clones in the North State ! Anyone know of any `Special ` Farmer`s markets ?

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
There's a Canna Farmer's Market in Clear Lake. I'll see if I can track down details.

SpiderKid

SpiderKid

Kudos ! I understand the humidity problem. I`m thinking of having true greenhouses if possible next year. Going to need to vent and use a/c and heaters as well as fans, sulfur burners, lights and co2. Hope the generator will be up to it! Also thinking of doing a auto flower grow and a sativa grow along with it. I`ll try a limited seed grow also but not near by.

Just an idea if you go the greenhouse route, this aquaponics farm I visited uses compost for heat during the winter. They talk about it a little bit in this video.

They use no heat in their greenhouses during the winter middle of wisconsin.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Lake County Farmers Market located at 6030 Hwy 20 in Lucerne Ca 95458.. Open Saturdays from 11 to 4.

They may close for the winter. I'm waiting on more info for you.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been to the dispensary there once and picked up some clones that turned out super. I`d like to get ahold of the Salmon Creek Genetics! It`s a long drive as I`m in the mountains on the other side of the valley.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Went to town today to register the truck, pay property taxes, and start my medical back up. Had some good Thai food ,loved the curry ! I took one of my Son`s cats down to him but couldn`t get the other one in the carrier! I`m scratched up all over my arms!!!

Not a bad day, but hard as I can hardly walk. Really need to see a doctor soon!!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Expediting my medical and papers are on the way to let me know what I`ll need to show. Soon as I can get the info they need I`m going to drop it off and have them make copies for my file. shouldn't be to long after that I can go to a doctor.

Working on having most my personal property taken out of storage and brought to the house in the valley. After that my dogs are going in one at a time to get snipped, shots and tags. Also working on moving my son`s car to the valley before the next snow. It needs work done on it but can be made to run. I`m thinking of getting a smaller 4x4 ,maybe a passport and trading him for his car. That way he can be more useful to me and I can get his car running for one of my daughters. Sometimes you need to help others in order to help yourself. Next grow season my son will be helping out while learning the ropes and doing a small grow for himself.

My goal for the property next year to to have it surveyed and have the culvert put in over the creek. This will allow me access to have a pad put in but I`ll need to cut out the oak wood in the way first. Next year I`ll also work on having a septic ,water, fences,a gate and solar put in. I`ll need a cement pad with a cover for the RV and sheds, chicken and rabbit pens ect. Lots to get done and looking forward to having a small working farm in place. Been taking way to long and progress is slow.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Things didn`t go as planned. I was going to move my property out of storage tomorrow But the p/s went out on the truck. I went to town late and couldn`t have it worked on. I did get all my documentation in for medical. I`ll try to see if the p/s unit off my other truck will fit this weekend. Things keep slowing me down!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Just an idea if you go the greenhouse route, this aquaponics farm I visited uses compost for heat during the winter. They talk about it a little bit in this video.

They use no heat in their greenhouses during the winter middle of wisconsin.

Genius! ! learning about aquaponics now. My lil one loves fish, so it's a no brainer!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Things didn`t go as planned. I was going to move my property out of storage tomorrow But the p/s went out on the truck. I went to town late and couldn`t have it worked on. I did get all my documentation in for medical. I`ll try to see if the p/s unit off my other truck will fit this weekend. Things keep slowing me down!

Just another hurdle to greatness bro!! You'll get there. .And when things start flying you'll need rest . Happy Holidays! !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
P/S on my other truck doesn`t fit. I`m going to the valley and one of my trimmers is going to work on it today. I just got to go to a auto parts store with his list first. He`s going to use his dad`s shop and steam cleaner.

ftwendy

ftwendy

It's sunday MC -- might be hard to get parts today. Try calling a salvage yard. Many times the owner is on site 24/7

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
AutoZone is open and has the parts. Anyway no hurry as I was thinking of taking 10 units to my contact in LA but have not heard back from him. Most of it was from other farmers nearby as I haven`t had time to work with my stuff much yet. Mine is Euro curing and still needs fine trimmed and de-boned.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got a call from my Medical/Medicaid intake worker and all is good. It will be on by tonight and my medical card should be here in 3-5 days. First time I`ve been completely covered in almost 8 years. I`ll be going to the emergency room right after Christmas and won`t have to worry about med bills being put against my property. Then I`ll start looking for a regular Doctor for ongoing treatment and a dentist and an eye doctor. I`m still going to be careful what Big Pharma drugs they try to push on me ! But I need testing and some kind of treatment.

I would have done this along time ago but thought Medical/Medicaid was welfare. In my case it`s paid out of Medicare and paid from taxes deducted from my pay checks before I became disabled (FICA) or something like that. Anyway I paid into an account along time ago. Not my fault the Feds spent my money and didn`t invest it! It`s owed to me!

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m really getting bugged to release some seeds. Been getting it all over the net. I still haven`t got with logic about it yet but I promise I will soon. It this point I`m concerned with my health and that`s really slowed me down. I`m getting on top of that and will be getting caught up on things soon. I know, still need to take some bud shots as well but you have to understand I can hardly walk right now and even though it`s a little better this morning it`s still hard to keep up with even the simple tasks these days.

I spent Christmas eve with family before coming back up the hill. Had a good time despite my leg hurting. Hope you are all having a good Christmas and can be with family and friends. Smoke one for me! Be safe though, please!

Latest posts

Top Bottom