MCLR 2014 California Marijuana Legalization Initiative Cleared for Signature Gathering

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
The Marijuana Control, Legalization and Revenue Act
SACRAMENTO, CA – (1/31/14) – Today, California Attorney General Kamala Harris released her summary of the final version of the Marijuana Control, Legalization and Revenue Act (MCLR). The first of its kind grassroots, open source, community-based document is now approved and cleared for signature gathering. MCLR can now attempt to qualify for the November 2014 California ballot.

http://www.marijuanacontrollegalizationrevenueact.com/cleared-for-signature-gathering/

O

Oldchuck

Jeez, California is complicated. I just went bleary eyed reading that damned thing. Are California voters expected to read those thousands of words in the voting booth?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jeez, California is complicated. I just went bleary eyed reading that damned thing. Are California voters expected to read those thousands of words in the voting booth?
No, we're not. That's why pamphlets are sent out several weeks prior to voting that outline each proposition (or local bills), and they have fiscal impact, pro and con arguments included with the language. Voters are supposed to read that BEFORE we hit the voting booth. I only know a very few people who do that, though. I pore through it, but I generally ignore the arguments and only read the language and fiscal impact statements.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

this looks better than the 1st for sure...i sure hope it passes.
in the end maybe it will be better that cali passed on the 1st one.
thanks for sharing

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I agree why would anyone settle for less than CCHI ? and they already have 200,000 signatures !

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
CCHI still needs $$ to get on the ballot..
I read they dont think they are going to get it in time

from their facebook page
Thank U all good people out there who have supported our campaign , the California Cannabis Hemp Initiative 2014 (CCHI) 2014!
It doesn't look like we will make the ballot by Feb 15, 2014!
We are asking for everyone to please send your petitions in or get them to your local coordinator, if there is one.
We are NOW calling the petition IN- meaning we have LOW confidence we will make the ballot! We are turning the petitions in Feb 24, 2014! Please send every signature in!
We will begin the signature drive again March 16, 2014 IF we have raised $800,000 !
We appreciate ALL the energy and volunteer effort our activists have done for this cause.
We have pushed the boundaries on what total and complete Cannabis freedom is to look like ! We have made ideal legalization look mainstream as now 56% of Californians support us!
We NOW have to concentrate on getting the signatures in and organizing a statewide turn in Feb 24, 2014.
We won't give up! We have a grassroots network of almost 1,500 strong across California!
We need to flex our strength now, and raise $800,000 for our second chance for the Nov 2014 ballot

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

WHOA!!!!! Right here is why I love California! The sun too, but wow we have some amazing political actors out in this state that seriously impress me. I never in a million years thought that a bill would be written like this one here, its super awesome to see that there is potential for everyone in Ca and not just old money/corporations or existing mmj stores. This is freaking awesome, everyone can grow six plants with no weight restrictions? Fuck yeah! I am all about making this happen, we could not really ask for a whole lot more. YES 2014 could just be the year Cali legalizes.

R

Roskito

both MCLR and CCHI need 750,000 signatures by next week to make it on the ballot. neither is gonna make it. heres why... SanFran mayor (i believe mayor) Gavin Newsome is gonna use legalization to get elected governor of ca in 2016. Democrates will ruin legalization for us cuz theyre working for corporate interests. like always. Nobody would back CCHI, not NORML, high times, citizens for safe access...etc... nobody!

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

both MCLR and CCHI need 750,000 signatures by next week to make it on the ballot. neither is gonna make it. heres why... SanFran mayor (i believe mayor) Gavin Newsome is gonna use legalization to get elected governor of ca in 2016. Democrates will ruin legalization for us cuz theyre working for corporate interests. like always. Nobody would back CCHI, not NORML, high times, citizens for safe access...etc... nobody!
How can that be MCLR was just cleared for signature phase on Friday.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

CCHI still needs $$ to get on the ballot..
I read they dont think they are going to get it in time

from their facebook page

This is why we need one clear initiative and not 4 different ones splintering all the support,unless i missed it mlcr doesnt address every city and county being able to make their own rules/bans on growing,dispensaries,outdoor etc etc which is a huge problem.So basically ken we could legalize and your county supervisors or city council can override state law which is total bullshit but exactly what is happening RIGHT NOW. We only get one chance to get it right so why settle for some bullshit F'in politicians make up to favor their supporters.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I hear you Fish.
5 county supervisors are fucking up my whole life..
those 5 people are fucking up my pursuit of happiness

It doesnt look good for 2014 in Ca.

Alaska is going to vote this year though!

R

Roskito

How can that be MCLR was just cleared for signature phase on Friday.
MCLR has the same deadline as CCHI. MCLR has had problems getting approval because of its vague technical language used to confuse people (just try to read it). there only hope of MCLR getting thru is if BIG MONEY buys them signatures before the deadline (25cents a signature). CCHI was written by Jack Herer himself ( with a little from his friends) and is short, simple, and precise. Ive been trying to collect signatures for CCHI since November. Its amazing how cannabis is still so taboo and is seldom discussed in public. Some people actually run from me when i tell them what im collecting for. Its hard cause the half of the population that wants legalization is usually the half that cant or dosn't vote. and who blames them?

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

According to their web site MCLR is still gathering signatures through April. I like this one because it is transparent. it has 25 pages to back it and show how it will be controlled. It has reasonable rules for backyard grower as well as commercial. It allows parents to grow cannabis without child endangerment laws. It also explains how it will be controlled by a board. It explains the fee and caps them and what they will be used for. All this is good stuff and written in the CCHI, they just say how they are going to implement a lot more clear cut than CCHI. The CCHI
was not a bad idea, I just don't see the law changing with a 1 page doc. that looks like a stoners wish list.

Top Bottom