Md Rec For More Than 24 Count

• Thread starter bongzaway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongzaway

bongzaway

I'm lookn for a Colorado MD MMJ rec for more than a 24 count and not the 12/12 split. Needing approx 40 total. if the Md splits it I'd need 80 then at 40/40. I know there were a couple MD's doing higher counts at higher fees but thats cool. I think there was a few in Denver. Any help is appreciated. This is for CO (Colorado)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Good luck I don't think any are giving more then 24. And it's going to be 16 regardless soon anyway.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

The extended count docs I have spoken to say they won't go higher than 24 because they can't be certain of personal use. I don't think there are many doctors willing to sign their name to higher plant count recommendations, because of the restrictions or requirements by those docs. I think patients who want extended counts are going to have to actually develop a relationship with the doctor, create a treatment plan, etc. I don't think it's as simple as writing a check where the amount depends on the plant count. The MMED has scared industry pot docs enough that they aren't risking their credentials for people who want to get high.

I think this is the grey area of the market that they are going to start cracking down on. If patients want extended plant counts, they will have to earn them by working with their doctor over a period of time, and I don't think that pot docs want relationships with medical marijuana patients, legit, grey, or other.

Citation needed, but I assume pot docs could be subpoenaed in a case involving a high plant count.

That being said, I will continue to get a high plant count, but more importantly for me, the increased possession. If I am hauling trim to make into coconut oil I'm not doing so two zones at a time, and rec rules have removed the weight 'problem' as far as I am concerned. It seems to me that having paperwork will demotivate leo if I am pulled over. I did my renewal in December at alameda/broadway. There was only one out of three docs that was doing extended recommendations.

I'm certain that YMMV.

edit- I think cannapages aggregates pot docs, if you have a free afternoon to call around.

bongzaway

bongzaway

I'm going back on the grounds from the laws of the CO Constitution and A20 as my defense if needed. Getting MD rec with no number of plant count and thats it. Just the MD recommendation, make a few copies and hang them in my grow areas and keep a fukn set for wallet.

Last edited:
bongzaway

bongzaway

This is from a good friend..knows her shit ( and very active in the CO MJ arena.)

"No plant count from an MD rec is best IMO. And the Constitution does NOT say ANYWHERE that doctors pick plant count-all the doctor needs to do per the constitution is: verify you have a qualifying condition and tell you that cannabis MAY help your qualifying condition. And if you grow your medicine in your greenhouse this means you need a yearly supply in one harvest. Also I was thinking everyone needs to be juicing plants daily -- so there is another factor.

You can find all the language t0 A20 and A64 here ( good links): http://www.cannabistherapyinstitute.com/legal/#a64

A20 is a self regulated patient and caregiver model. The patients/caregivers decide plant count and dosage-- it doesn't have to spell it out for adults but it does by only requiring the doctor to confirm qualifying condition and say cannabis MAY help--also your medical records are sufficient to get an "affirmative defense" - the same defense a red card gives you-note in the section about minors: It's the CAREGIVER who decides plant count/dosage etc. for the most vunerable--NOT the doctors.... the CDPHE/general assembly keeps giving doctors responsibilities they are not constitutionally required to do -- so the state can then prosecute any of them whenever they want. A20 itself does not put the doctors in any harms way of legal or criminal action against them--but everything the government creates unconstitutionally--PUTS them in harms was of losing their license to practice and criminal prosecution. "

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm going back on the grounds from the laws of the CO Constitution and A20 as my defense if needed. Getting MD rec with no number of plant count and thats it. Just the MD recommendation, make a few copies and hang them in my grow areas and keep a fukn set for wallet.
Nice posts.

Your good friend knows their shit, and your plan is great. I don't think patients that play by the rules have anything to worry about. I'm glad that we are the only state that made such patient protections a part of the constitution, and I'm glad that A20 was further protected last november.

Top Bottom