Mealworm Castings

• Thread starter B00P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

B00P

I was wondering if anyone had heard about using these in your garden? They seem to be popping up all over the place on places such as Craigslist. I don't know if this is just another scam or a legit product. I purchased some to test and threw them into a brew just for testing. Their texture is a mix between sawdust and sand. It brewed up just like a an EWC tea would but their seem to be less foam.

Any other feedback, information, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

brownGrass98

brownGrass98

I breed meal worms and have used the poo from them, I had to many problems with plants being dug up that I dont even bother to use it outdoors. From my understanding the smaller the bug the better the fertilizer. Don't know for sure but I use it on house plants and their as healthy as can be. But I wouldn't buy castings. I bough 72 worms and started breeding them and now I have hundred's of thousands of them now with lots of castings from them. For the NKP wouldn't say its that great but it will work for an amendment to the soil. Meal worms are sold for bait and in pet shops to feed fish and reptiles their a small worms just an inch or two that turns in to beatles to breed then expire. I hope that I was to some help to all.

M

mealworm j

I was wondering if anyone had heard about using these in your garden? They seem to be popping up all over the place on places such as Craigslist. I don't know if this is just another scam or a legit product. I purchased some to test and threw them into a brew just for testing. Their texture is a mix between sawdust and sand. It brewed up just like a an EWC tea would but their seem to be less foam.

Any other feedback, information, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
I have worked with mealworm castings for over 5 years. It is the pureist fertilizer you can find and has NPK of 4-3-2. No blends or processing like commercial brands . . .totally organic, totally natural. There is a liquid version (not a tea) and a time-release pellet as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have worked with mealworm castings for over 5 years. It is the pureist fertilizer you can find and has NPK of 4-3-2. No blends or processing like commercial brands . . .totally organic, totally natural. There is a liquid version (not a tea) and a time-release pellet as well. More info on this web site: www.rainbow-farms-fertilizer.com
Hey are you the same rainbow farms that used to sell worms for fishing bait in the LA area?

clockworx

clockworx

Contains all the natural elements to make your soil rich and productive without any chemical ingredients. Rainbow Farms Organic Fertilizer is not harmful for water run-off into lakes or streams. Rainbow Farms organic fertilizer is impurity free and contains no additives. Easy to use, there is no smell at all, wet or dry, to Rainbow Farms Organic Fertilizer simply because Rainbow mealworms are never fed animal compost or droppings— they are raised only on wheat bran, carrots and a special cactus plant. Rainbow Farms Fertilizer is the perfect fertilizer for all of your flowers, plants, vegetables or lawn care in a highly concentrated form. Nitrogen-4.17% Phosphorus-2.70% Potash-1.64% Sodium-62.9mg/100gms Iron-26.5mg/100gms-PH 7.25 Plants (indoor-outdoor), flowers, grass, soil rejuvenation or other fertilizer applications. Take one or two teaspoonful for plant or flower use, sprinkle evenly then water. For best results mix with soil. $5.00 for 30lbs

M

mealworm j

I breed meal worms and have used the poo from them, I had to many problems with plants being dug up that I dont even bother to use it outdoors. From my understanding the smaller the bug the better the fertilizer. Don't know for sure but I use it on house plants and their as healthy as can be. But I wouldn't buy castings. I bough 72 worms and started breeding them and now I have hundred's of thousands of them now with lots of castings from them. For the NKP wouldn't say its that great but it will work for an amendment to the soil. Meal worms are sold for bait and in pet shops to feed fish and reptiles their a small worms just an inch or two that turns in to beatles to breed then expire. I hope that I was to some help to all.
actually, mealworm castings have an NPK of around 4-3-2 and thats pretty good considering it is pure and not a blend.

M

mealworm j

Contains all the natural elements to make your soil rich and productive without any chemical ingredients. Rainbow Farms Organic Fertilizer is not harmful for water run-off into lakes or streams. Rainbow Farms organic fertilizer is impurity free and contains no additives. Easy to use, there is no smell at all, wet or dry, to Rainbow Farms Organic Fertilizer simply because Rainbow mealworms are never fed animal compost or droppings— they are raised only on wheat bran, carrots and a special cactus plant. Rainbow Farms Fertilizer is the perfect fertilizer for all of your flowers, plants, vegetables or lawn care in a highly concentrated form. Nitrogen-4.17% Phosphorus-2.70% Potash-1.64% Sodium-62.9mg/100gms Iron-26.5mg/100gms-PH 7.25 Plants (indoor-outdoor), flowers, grass, soil rejuvenation or other fertilizer applications. Take one or two teaspoonful for plant or flower use, sprinkle evenly then water. For best results mix with soil. $5.00 for 30lbs
Looks like someone found a description I used several years ago . . except for the price. Went to Amsterdam a few years ago and a major cannibus seed grower wanted to import tons of mealworm castings

clockworx

clockworx

I just realized you BUMPED the shit outta this thread.....are you trying to cpr a mealworm craze

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You should see my chickenbirds goin' berzerk for them, too. But hell if I can figure out how the frass is separated from the wheat bran. :/

M

mealworm j

actually, mealworm castings have an NPK of around 4-3-2 and thats pretty good considering it is pure and not a blend.
I have developed a mealworm liquid fertilizer . . .not a tea that is used as foliar spray and growth spray for plants too. See the specs and lab reports at the web site: www.rainbow-farms-fertilizer.com You will also enjoy a new hip-hop song "HOME GROWN" about gardening and growing. Puts a smile on your face!

R

ritoMox

I have developed a mealworm liquid fertilizer . . .not a tea that is used as foliar spray and growth spray for plants too. See the specs and lab reports at the web site: www.rainbow-farms-fertilizer.com You will also enjoy a new hip-hop song "HOME GROWN" about gardening and growing. Puts a smile on your face!

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

On second thought after watching some video's, unless there's something better about using the castings from mealworms in a grow, I'll stick with vermicomposting worms; the eventual beetle thing with mealworms pretty much makes it a no-go for me.

Top Bottom