Meanwell Drivers shut down when they exceed XX F???

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

My HLG's won't run over 101f no matter what....even when ambient room temp hits like 85f to 88f.....the heatsinks do the job. Been running them for well over 5 years now. No direct fans needed at all. You couldn't pry my Meanwell drivers from my dead hands! LOL!I

I'm curious how your LED boards were wired? In series or parallel or hybrid?

You could have experienced thermal runaway depending on how it was wired. You said all LED boards still work?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My HLG's won't run over 101f no matter what....even when ambient room temp hits like 85f to 88f.....the heatsinks do the job. Been running them for well over 5 years now. No direct fans needed at all. You couldn't pry my Meanwell drivers from my dead hands! LOL!I

You could have experienced thermal runaway depending on how it was wired. You said all LED boards still work?
That's a great point.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter

Yeah they work just fine, Temp gun the top of the driver tho and were hitting 150-160F but its also mashed at the very top of my tent so theres little room for heat to escape cept right out the carbon scrubber via the 6" inline.

I don't think theres any thermal runaway issues its just these mf'ers gen heat like crazy.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ohhhhhhh whatcha get. $1000 sounds like some killer usa shit

Oh you ain't heard? I thought i bragged about em enough the whole damn forum heard lol

2 of those :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
$500 for a 330w... damn - will have to look into these.

ahh but its much more then just 330W, its dimmable, Its veg AND flower, switchable between the spectrums ;) and.. i dunno more cool shit thats above my head right now cuz im tryin to get drunk cuz i hate my life :D

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You should get good results with those. They chose a weird spot for that veg switch...but it doesn't effect the function I wouldn't think. Keep us updated!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You should get good results with those. They chose a weird spot for that veg switch...but it doesn't effect the function I wouldn't think. Keep us updated!

Agreed should be on top vs the led side but aside from that.. The specs on those lights gave me wood :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom