Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch...

• Thread starter MsJones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MsJones

Welcome to my 2010 THC Farmer Grow Journal

I started growing again about a month ago and suddenly plants started coming out of the woodwork and the tent filled up fast.

There's a Purple Kush mom that pops off clones left and right. So does the mystery plant, Mountain Man. A couple trays are destined for bigger and better things and will leave the nest soon. *sniff* I'll miss them. As long as they go to a good home : )

There's my little succulent garden on the deck, with one of the cats. Also on that table are three bits of Texas - two ammonites dug out of a creek just north of Dallas (one is in the pot) and one sandstone "Fire Rock" from the circle around the fire that burned during my first shamanic journey, a Sun Dance - in Wimberley. That rock goes with me everywhere. Fire and water -

I just realized I'm pretty freakin high off this AfGoo - had never had it before. I like it : )

Alright - I guess I'll be seein' ya'll around. :flower

MsJ

Meanwhile back at the ranch
Meanwhile back at the ranch 2
Meanwhile back at the ranch 3
Meanwhile back at the ranch 4
Meanwhile back at the ranch 5
Meanwhile back at the ranch 6
Meanwhile back at the ranch 7
Meanwhile back at the ranch 8
Meanwhile back at the ranch 9
Meanwhile back at the ranch 10
heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks GREAT!!! I really like the pics of the rocks...NICE...I luv Texas got people there in Austin and San Antonio. I will be checking back to see these babies go for ya, good luck. Peace HDK

M

MsJones

Whoa! Hey there juggo! Long time no see.... how's it been, man?

Thanks, HDK

Texas is my home - I intend to head back in a couple years, back to my hometown, Houston, or to Austin. I miss knowing everything about where I'm at - and who I'm with.

I forgot to mention what all is growin' on in there:

Purple Kush
Kushage
Blueberry Chronic
Purple Snow
Blue Dream
Champagne Diesel
Willems Wonder
Mountain Man
Mazar
Querkle
Grape Ape
Odyssey
Og Kush
AK-48
Durgamate
Black Widow
Purple Elephant

In the tray, there are seedlings that I will pot up today:

Pacific Aire F2
Super Silver Haze x Shiskaberry
Sunshines's Fruitbowl F3's
Winkin' Blinkin' N Noddin' Out
Mojo
Grapefruit x Haze
Love
Big Bud
Blue Apollo F2
G13 x BS Hawaiian
Bloody Mary (Blood x Mary Jane)
MsJ's Orgy Mix
Supernova (Magic Pakistani) x Huckleberry
and last but not least - "Pure Old Indica" seeds from 1975, supposed to be some pure, old indica seeds straight from somewhere far far away, in the pre-genetics explosion daze.

I have some real goodies to look forward to that I shall not mention until I actually have them. They will probably bump a few others out of the line-up. Oh I'm such a strain junkie!

Alright - peace - I've got a LOT of work to do.

MsJ

M

MsJones

some of those seeds sprouted, plus I have rooted Grape Ape. I don't normally use cups for the little ones but this month money is running short so you know....how it goes....

I can hardly wait to see them grow, and then kill the males!

DSC04023 Small
DSC04014 Small
M

MsJones

I have to take that last statement back. I have a male g13 x bs hawaiian that I do not want to chop : ( I'm going to have to - but I don't want to.

I've identified quite a few lovely ladies - Sunshine's Fruitbowl F3's, Blue Apollo F2's, Super Silver Haze x Shishkaberry - a few males have also been chopped.

I'm stuck in veg for a while so sorting through what will stick around and what to cull is what it's all about right now.

There's pics of a SSH x SKB boy and other random males that have gotten the chop.

The plant in the white bucket is Willems Wonder. -- Speaking of I thought it was Willems Wonder but some say Williams, others Willams - is there one and only one and all others are wrong - which way is right?

Ok and there is also a Purple Snow mom before and after taking cuts. If I had the energy I'd go down and take a pic of her now - she's already bounced back beautifully - looking all leafy and full - in just days.

Alright well that's it for now - time to head out from the Ranch and go into town for supplies. I hear there's 2 4x4 trays and accessories waiting for me.

Willemswonder1
Psnow2 4 5 10
Psnow cloned 4 5 10
Mountain man hb 4 5 10
DSC04512
DSC04527
DSC04532
DSC04537
DSC04544
P1010033 Custom
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Nice ms jones. Been a minute since I've seen you kicking around. Killer lineup.

M

MsJones

heya : ) hehe Seamaiden that fish is something else too,or was. *sniff* It's good to see some familiar faces here though. This place is a new crowd for me.

Thanks for stopping in King Kong Kolas... and yes cemchris it has been a while. It's good to see you! : )

I took a break from the internet while and since being back at the computer I've been posting again. It's either this or Facebook and I don't grow faces so....

C

cannabill

Nice growing Ms. Jones, when your ready to go Texas again I'll be more than happy to help you carry all those heavy strains. By the way do you use anything to achieve such nice roots shown in picture? ~ Bill

M

MsJones

Thanks Cannabill - and nope - nothing in particular. I am using a "super soil" recipe that I have amended to suit my taste. The mix contains black gold, peat, castings, blood meal, bone meal, guano, lime, dead sea salt, azomite and perlite. I also added a bit of Dr. Earth fertilizer for good measure. With some plants there is a bit of the purple stem so I'll be dealing with that here shortly after this post.

The use of dead sea salt in this mix is an interesting note and there has been a little discussion elsewhere on the net as to it's use. So far it seems to be a good thing.

I have a thread here about this soil mix vs Roots Organic here

Thanks for stopping in!

This little one cracks me up ---> :icon_animal26:

T

tcurtiss

Looking good there MS J

You have quite the collection of strains going on there, I used to deal with a guy who only had one strain and he started blowing me off so I went and got legalized due to arthritis in my left knee so know I go shopping and buy a couple different strains after all variety is the spice of life

Keep up the great work, I will be pulling up a chair for this one for sure

Good luck

T

M

MsJones

Querkle and Mountain Man leave the garden today. Odyssey and Kushage are no longer around either. I suppose in a couple weeks here I'll have a much shorter list as I get rid of a few.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good! Welcome to the farm! I see my home town was yours! Good to see a fellow Texan! You'll be back, Im sure. Oh and I would give my left...foot for that Bloody Mary!! Been wanting that one for a while. Ill be watching for sure!

M

MsJones

Well - it has been a while. The in-laws came and went so it's time to flip. But, what's this? Where'd all them soil babes go? They are outside and will get their turn later on. For now it's champagne diesel, grape ape and 2012...a trainwreck/kushy cross. These three should all finish around the same time so they got lumped together. One tray is about 2 weeks ahead of the other in veg terms. I wanted to see if I should be vegging longer or shorter.

The trays got misted and sulfured before the flip. I ran the burner for three hours. From what I remember I know I was told to do it at the flip and I think I remember something about 4 weeks in, too - but do I really want sulfur on my buds? All the leaves that have it on it now will surely be gone by the time I harvest, with the way I prune - but the buds - well they will still be around. The guy at the hydro store said that he knows people that use the burner up to the last week and you can't taste a single thing. Anyone want to chime in here? I'd appreciate it.

Well - here they are. Two 3x3 trays in straight coco. Yes, I rinsed the coco in hot water for over an hour until the runoff was exactly the same as my tap water. I use a small rubbermaid container that I've drilled holes in the bottom of for this very purpose. When I'm done with the coco the runoff reads the same ph as my water (6.7 - 7.0) and my truncheon doesn't even pick up a reading, as it does not on my plain tap water either.

Water is at 6.1. I will drop that a point or two, yes? no? I think so.

I'm using cutting edge three part with calplex, silica blast and hydroguard.

Some of them still have a purple stem issue but I suspect it will continue to change back to green as the days go on. They've been coming along nicely, considering I was going to trash them.

Well - wish me luck!

DSC05078 Custom
DSC05102 Custom
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
MsJones, MsJones, MsJones... honey, you do not mess around! Kickin' ass and takin' names, she IS.

You don't happen to know another kickass babe by the name of Jackie Brown, do you? She's awesome.

M

MsJones

Here are some pics of the outdoor layover area - I have been doing nothing to these except giving them water out of the hose for a couple months. Some of them, the ones in the smaller pots, of course by now are in desperate need of a transplant. It's coming.... one thing at a time

oh - and today's snaps of the hydro

outside are purple kush, purple snow, grape ape, fruitbowl, love, ssh x skb, 2012, spg x haze... a few other things. i think i mentioned what was inside but i forgot about super silver haze x shishkaberry ..so one of those is in there too

:passingjoint:

DSC05124
DSC05126
DSC05130
DSC05131
DSC05132
DSC05134
DSC05135
DSC05137
DSC05140
DSC05142
Top Bottom