Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch...

• Thread starter MsJones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MsJones

Well - it's only been a few days and I already need to prune and clean up the tent. These ladies need their lowers cut away, their larger leaves clipped (most of them, not all), and the taller ones need staking. I find it easier to do it early on, as soon as the stakes will fit under the lights.

People have said not to do e/f with coco, to only top feed to waste. They say if you don't, then when the nute water mixes with the coco the ph will rise and one will be constantly chasing their ph. I think those are the people that didn't rinse their coco enough.

I was having problems at first but figured out it was my nutrients. Earth Juice is no good on hydro, ya'll....Just in case I was not the last to know thought I'd pass that on. Now I use a blend of Cutting Edge and Botanicare.

When I mix my nutes they are in range as is. Ok so it's a hair low, around 5.6. After a day and a half it rises to 5.8/5.9 and then it holds steady like a champ. It's been a week or so or something like that. Maybe a week exactly...anyhow so all is well here on the ranch.

Ya'll come back now
:ridinghorse:

DSC05185
DSC05186
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought there were a few people who rock the E&F with coco. Lookin' good!

M

MsJones

I thought so too - over at that other spot we frequent all I heard was no no no - but you know me - I'm a yes! yes! yes! girl.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looking good!! Cant wait to see them trees. Thanks for sharing.

Curious, Are you flushing 1x a week with the ebb and flow in coco?

M

MsJones

Looking good!! Cant wait to see them trees. Thanks for sharing.

Curious, Are you flushing 1x a week with the ebb and flow in coco?

more like every 2 - 3 weeks, by the time I get around to things.

M

MsJones

3 weeks in --- a few have some fried leaves but after I trimmed them off and corrected the ph all is well. Here are some pics of before and after a bit of pruning had been done. Getting rid of the excess leaves and lowers really opens up the area below the canopy. - I mean - we know this but jeez what a difference it makes! I should have done the whole tent a week and a half ago, when I did the 2012's - the ones to the far left. You can see that they are still free and clear on the bottom and they haven't really put out more leaves, just buds. The other side of the tray, and the other tray, were overcrowded and leafy. Having to compete for the light, they stretched more than I would have liked. however, there are some monster bushes in there, for only being in 5" pots. Gotta love that coco.

Oh - and that G13 x Butterscotch Hawaiian male gave up his best while paired up with a tall gorgeous Grapefruit x Haze lady. She's knocked up and getting fatter by the day. I bet they will have beautiful babies.

DSC05280 Custom
DSC05288 Custom
DSC05294 Custom
DSC05305 Custom
DSC05320 Custom
DSC05326 Custom
DSC05329 Custom
DSC05331 Custom

Latest posts

Top Bottom