Med-man Beds

• Thread starter med man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Never ran beds myself, reading through 6 pages of pure madness is enlightening to say the least. Always up for trying new methods, beds in tents, hmm.

Fantastic job to all man, love to see how its done elsewhere :)

souf69

souf69

hey souf69

fucking awesome! i am shutting down a med-man table room to do beds again. just too damn busy. keeping 2 small med-man tablle rooms for cups and persy.

what size is your room?

@souf69

med-man
Thanks for the kind words Med, that table is 7-1\2 by 24. Got a slamming deal on some soil, so I went in on it. Not trying to Jack your thread, but your bedz inspired me. Absolutely murdering it! I am currently building another as well. Trellis is being held by the plants as well, no handlebars man....

med man

med man

Breeder
Sweet Dude. Not jacking at all.

I appreciate you trusting medderz and his madness lol :)

Dude. I have seen guys just fill up whole basements or rooms walking to wall. And get better numbers that they couldn't even have imagined. With lower yielded even.

Just depends on how strong yoir pump is. And make sure you have a good filter on the pump so lines don't jam 4 weeks in.

I remember when I was like 11 or 12 and some old lady of an old grower told me the best way to grow is filling up a basement with soil. At the time it never occurred me i would be doing that in â certain way.

Please update us here or tag me in a thread if you started one?

I did fogger to mention the system works amazing in super soil organic grows. All you run is water thru every feed. Then top off with 50 % amendments when Re planting

peace

med-man

souf69

souf69

IMG 20160325 101348
Med,
Word, I had beds on my mind for indoor, you just solidified it. My outdoor beds kill it too. I failed to mention this is an organic bed as well. All mixed up similar to tga with a few extras. So I hand water with wand, and my res and pumps are for my teas. The beds got a gangster tilt to it, so it all runs into the res.

med man

med man

Breeder
View attachment 585744 Med,
Word, I had beds on my mind for indoor, you just solidified it. My outdoor beds kill it too. I failed to mention this is an organic bed as well. All mixed up similar to tga with a few extras. So I hand water with wand, and my res and pumps are for my teas. The beds got a gangster tilt to it, so it all runs into the res.

nice , ya mmb were originally designed for super soils. but as time passed i wanted to run 25%-75% organic and add a non organic element to lighten the color of buds up and add some extra yield.

i am building a greenhouse after 4 years of being in the same place since canadians won the right to continue growing their own this march (thank the gods) so i will be doing beds there too, just less plants.

you def can water with a wand, soaker hoses, or other irrigation methods. its just when you pack wall to wall or close to it, its nice to have a pump and irrigation lines do the work, nicely, slowly, evenly

rock on!

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
funny

you made like a med-man table/bed :-)

never seen this before. i guess with less soil you feed more? esp come heavy flower set?

i figured out in 2003 how to grow mostly chem bud, that is virtually impossble to know its not organic, other then there massive size and neon green colors. otherwise rich taste and smell is all org.

how long you veg for? when you flipping?

med-man

souf69

souf69

funny

you made like a med-man table/bed :)

never seen this before. i guess with less soil you feed more? esp come heavy flower set?

i figured out in 2003 how to grow mostly chem bud, that is virtually impossble to know its not organic, other then there massive size and neon green colors. otherwise rich taste and smell is all org.

how long you veg for? when you flipping?

med-man

They have vegged for a whole month, had a friend that dint think it would do this good.
I have only watered a few times thoroughly. I run both salts and organics, beds are organic, and most of the time my pots are salts. I agree, organics always have more terps. I took Med beds, and gave em a souf lift.
Flipping today, I will post the updates. As far as watering, I will be keeping tabs, not really schedules. More bedz to come, and I will be starting a new thread with these ColoradoMedMan bedz!

med man

med man

Breeder
ya dude, i fed 2x in 30 days to veg. its epic savings in time and nutes.

i am taing pics today, 3 days after the first shock flush and kind bud swell. and everyone will understand what droppoing base and cal in half does, esp when i do a smoke and ash report :-)

cool. please keep the thread going. i know how they will turn out. no root bound stress. and i think that the plants connect with exachother with the rootsystems making the whole bed over-all more healthy

kind regards

med-man

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
and i think that the plants connect with exachother with the rootsystems making the whole bed over-all more healthy
I don't know nothin' about indoor growing--
but I agree with that...

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

Med,
I'm using geopot/geoplanters for my bed lining right now- fabric material.

I was going to just line the bed with 3-6 mil clear plastic sheeting similar to how you did it, but was concerned about excessive water retention in the soil. Do you think it makes any difference?

med man

med man

Breeder
hi su
Med,
I'm using geopot/geoplanters for my bed lining right now- fabric material.

I was going to just line the bed with 3-6 mil clear plastic sheeting similar to how you did it, but was concerned about excessive water retention in the soil. Do you think it makes any difference?

hi super beasto

i have mentioned a couple times that you want to feed 1 liter of water for every gallon of soil mix used

whats great about the beds is you have a wick scenerion, where the whole bottom end of the bed is super saturated, and the higher you get to the soil line, the more dry the soil is

drippers emit nutrients exactly how rrots grow = like a pyramid. its perfect

med-man

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

hi su

hi super beasto

i have mentioned a couple times that you want to feed 1 liter of water for every gallon of soil mix used

whats great about the beds is you have a wick scenerion, where the whole bottom end of the bed is super saturated, and the higher you get to the soil line, the more dry the soil is

drippers emit nutrients exactly how rrots grow = like a pyramid. its perfect

med-man

Sorry med, my adhd gets the best of me some times-

I re-read your thread and realized your bed's plastic lining is resting right on the cool cement floor.

Makes sense to me now, cool wet soil at the bottom and warm dry towards the top... emulates natural environment perfectly. Next run i'm gong to break the legs off this bed and drop it to the floor.

med man

med man

Breeder
i couldnt have said it any better

there is a plywould barrier between the cold floor, going direct to cement wouldnt be that good imvho

med-man

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thinking about barriers between floor and bed, how about something like the 2 x 4 plastic grates that are used in commercial lighting? I use it in my DIY Shallow Water Bubble Bath to start new seedlings

The grate is ~ 1/2" Seems it would allow the coolness but provide a barrier

If you look between the net pots you can see the bubbles coming through it

IMG 2163
IMG 3323
med man

med man

Breeder
beds are too heavy i would say

@PhatNuggz

i can buy a 4x8 sheet of o.s.b. for 8 bucks where i live. and if i wantto run med-man tables then i have everything i need aprt from lids

thats why they are med-man beds.

good idea though

med-man

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

I'm loving the fact that you're limiting your feeding schedule and reducing your input (nutrient) costs and killing it. No point in feeding 2-3 times per lights on if you can feed once every 3 days. Can't imagine yields with the multiple feeding approach are great enough to offset the cost of nutes...

Are you pressure treated lumber for the beds med?

med man

med man

Breeder
hi superbeasto

generally speaking, you only feed 1 time in 30 days for veg

then its like every 5-6 days early flower, 4-5 days mid flower, and every 3-4 days for peak flower and flush

plus nothing ever drains to waste

med-man

Top Bottom