Medible Gurus??few questions about canna oil/butter

• Thread starter TreFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

1. How much resin can break down into butter before it begins to fall to the bottom? Like salt water can only hold so much salt... i.e. reaching it's equilibrium becoming a saturated liquid thus wasting any amount of material past that point.
2. When processing Bubblehash, is the sludge left at the bottom just simply empty resin sacs?
3. When a recipe calls for a certain amount of butter/oil etc, should you add a bit more to make up the amount of butter/oil that is offset by canna resins?

Blaze

Blaze

1) Been trying to find that out for a loooong time. Yet to find an answer. My experience would tell me that it can hold a LOT of resin though.

2) No it is probably mostly plant matter and contaminants. There is not such thing as "empty resin sacks."

3) I don't. Tends to throw the recipe off. Mixing you ganja butter 50/50 with normal butter will help the flavor and texture come out more "normal" too.

T

TreFarmer

Hey Blaze, thanks for the response. I look at resin glands as a water balloon, that is full of plant resin... looking at it like this, if you dissolve the liquid from the balloon, it will leave that "sac" behind since it isn't dissolving. OR does the sac dissolve? My bubble was indoor thus very clean to start, so there shouldnt be this much sludge from a quarter oz of bubble.
This sludge is not dirt, cause it remains slightly boyant... but remains toward the bottom unless agitated. So it seems to be remnance from production. OH and I use unsalted, clarified, "organic" butter. If this might make a difference... thanks Blaze again, and to all for any future info.

Top Bottom