Medical Cannabis is for those who need it.

• Thread starter Darth Schwag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Schwag

Darth Schwag

Im Saying this as nicely as I possibly can ;)

let me get this straight..

So, You guys that feel you have more of a right to this plant than people that just wanna use it for fun and relaxation?

Rec users should Abstain from use, so Folks in pain "Might" have a better chance of the government letting them use it?

:confused:

Man...I need to go spend some time with my plants..Have a good day.:rolleyes:
No sir, Ken. I am a recreational grower and user. I consider that i have a God given right to cannabis. But it is illegal, and i gladly take my chances to enjoy my God given right. If i get caught, that's my ass and i know it. I am not a MMJ patient, yet, but i do believe some of my medical conditions could improve with it's use. I didn't mean to give the impression that i was somehow linking MMJ patients to RMJ users (like me); I was issuing a condemnation of MMJ abusers only.
If you're a doctor who has seriously studied cannabis strains and know which ones truly might help a needful sufferer of a certain ailment and you refuse to simply issue cards for whoever/whatever to get weed - i have no problem with you, and God bless you too! If you run a dispensary reputably and honestly and are in full compliance with Federal law - i have no problem with you. If you are a commercial/professional cannabis farmer with a license to grow 5000 plants in a factory, and you are in full compliance with local, state and federal laws....yada yada. You see where i'm going with this! I'm not talking about legitimate, needful patients or even illegal recreational users. I'm taking to the illegal abusers of the MMJ system - come on over here with us recreational folks and accept being illegal. Don't ruin it for the needy MMJ patients - the spotlight seems to be on them.

Ken, you have a keen mind and i love to debate you! You're keeping my on my toes here.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Right on Darth, thanks. :) I realize I kinda steped on your thread with My rant :rolleyes:
one of those days I guess ;)

philly kush

philly kush

I have a bit of a Problem with the OP

My wife has Fibromyalgia (nerve pain) MMJ releives some pain and helps her sleep. So I started growing for her.
.Some would call me a rec user..and Maybe I am...But is also helps me cope with my anxiety. And helps me relax.
I prefer it over beer for sure. And it beats the shit out of the "Zoloft" the doc was giving me.

You may not consider mine to be "true medical need". and please pardon me for this....

"Who the hell are you (or the feds) to tell me want I can and cannot put in my body?
I don't need a babysitter,
CK I am dealing with nerve pain also which opiates relly does not help & I refuse 2 take some of the meds from the Docs. that cause depression,rashes liver failure n whatever the hell else,Dont get me wrong as a youngster it was all shits n giggles to smoke,now as im a lil older i use 4 my issues whether 4 pain or just 2 calm down about all the bullshit.1 can go to the local tavern have a shitload of drinks n barely walk n thats ok but light up a DOOBER 4get about,n docs prescibe all this shit purks,xanax,oxys, if your on them n dont have them u get sick n all kinds of other bullshit.NOT WITH GOOD OLD MOTHER NATURE.MAY B ONE DAY IT WILL B LEGAL EVERYWHERE. BUT FOR NOW WE JUST HAVE TOO DEAL WITH IT.FOR US LIVIN THESE UPTIGHT STATES ANYWAY.PEACE IM OFF TO MY SONS BASEBALL GAME!

Darth Schwag

Darth Schwag

I want to finish this thread up by reiterating that i "believe" that legalization is coming and possibly quite soon. The fed has setup it's test bed for MMJ governance in DC. People can get prescribed, dispensaries are authorized to carry MMJ and sell it to patients, they have 6 growers now licensed to operate in DC and at many grow supply dealers. Why would they be cracking down on a few western states when they allow it right in DC? Something else is going on that we aren't told about, and i suspect it is abuses. I think the fed is delaying repeal to allow big pharma and corporate sycophants to position themselves to best exploit the market.

Now for a history lesson. Alcohol prohibition (18th amendment) was ratified in 1919. Pushed by a bunch of temperence minded boneheads and tee-totallers. Didn't stop the roaring `20s. Criminals made and sold copious quantities of alcohol for obscene profits. Then the great depression hit in 1929 and 4 years later the fed gives into it's greed (need) for revenue. The 21st amendment was passed repealing prohibition. You can see the parallels between now and back then.

MMJ is a sacred cow that all cannabis lovers must respect. We must state loudly and clearly that all we want is cannabis, not LSD, not coke, not opium, not whatever else, just cannabis. We aren't trying to open Pandora's box here. We must show unequivocably that we can enjoy it responsibly.
Given that, i think we may well be on the eve of seeing this abomonation repealed. Let's band together and put our votes where they count.

I appreciate all who have contributed to this discussion, either positively or negatively. Thanks all. Peace out!:)

T

ToastyRoadie

The only real harm from marijuana is the prohibition of it. It is by far the safest medicinal substance on this planet, I dare any of you to find a substance as safe and therapeutical as marijuana. I don't believe such a thing exists.

In reality, it should never have become illegal, there is no basis for it to remain illegal, just a vast amount of ignoranance and in many cases, willful igonorance. :(

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
This is a GREAT topic for discussion, and one I have mixed feelings about. I've been smoking weed pretty much daily for 25 years. I've always thought it should be legal. Back in the day it was was "Hemp for food, fuel, and fiber!" Over time the focus of legality shifted to medicinal need, and as we all know this was the basis for legalization in CA in 1996(?) and in CO in 2000(?).

I completely agree that there is very little that is medical about the cannabis scene in either CA or CO. Just like it's always been, the business is about getting high and making money. The difference now is that their is a thin veil of 'medicinal value' over the whole scene to somewhat placate 'the man'.

I'll be the first one to admit that from a truly medical perspective, it's a joke. But frankly, I don't give a damn. I just want to get high. Unfortunately I have several legitimate health problems that qualify me for 'medical' cannabis.

No matter how you slice it, I'll take it however I can get it. I truly believe that what's evolved in CA and CO over the past several years will all go away soon enough, and I'll just go back to the way things used to be. Either way, I'll be getting high.

outwest

Top Bottom