Medical Caregive/Seed Production info for MI

• Thread starter guerilla415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

guerilla415

Heya farmers, I am actually thinking of moving to Michigan, most likely the Detroit area very soon to take advantage of being able to use my medicine without fear of repercussions. I am also very interested in the caregiver program in the state.

I spent about a year as a licensed medical patient in California and have always wanted to go back to helping people who have trouble either growing thier own medicine or even some that may just need lower priced medicine due to finacial circumstances, etc.

I am won dering if anyone here can give me an info or send me in the right direction to find out how to go about this in the proper way. I am especially interested in possibly trying to help a group of US Military who are licensed patients as I myself and a disabled veteran.

Im also very curious about the current stance on seed production for use by registered patients i/e long term breeding and research for specifically medical strains of marijuana.

I think that Michigan has a great opportunity to further advance and to make the whole medical community more productive sooner arther than later. Considering all of the info that Michigan has to go on from all of the previous states who had passed a similar medical cannabis act, it should be able to take what they have done, learn from the mistakes and focus on what works.

I really hope to be part of the community up there in MI very soon. Its still kind of a toss up between Detroit and my old home -p Venice CA, which to be honest might be my favorite place Ive evfer been.

But as I said I believe that MI has the potential to be so much better for the patients and to furthering the movement towards more research and more progress. California started it, the PNW paved the way, and now all of the newer states have so much more they can contribute if things are done the right way and hopeully get a little leniance from the Feds.

Anyways, long ass post I know but Im very excited and Im anxious to get some info and opinions on the questions I asked along with anything else about the program or michigan in gereral.

Thanks. Take care and stay safe.

We Love you DETROIT!!!!!:rock:

guerilla

G

guerilla415

I just wanted to point out for those that do not know, as I did not myself until recently, that there are people/collectives that have licenses to grow marijuana to both produce marijuana itself for patients but also seeds for patients that prefer to grow themselves.

Just wondering that despite MI medical cannabis being in its infancy, who would i need to speak with to inquire about such a program?

Any and all help or suggestions related Michigans Medical MJ program is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

guerilla

recordsnherb

recordsnherb

I dont know man the way its lookin there could be some major changes in the game. if bills get passed they are going to make it illegal for p2p transfers, no co-ops, individual cities will be able to vote on whether you can grow in that city, if your a caregiver with multiple patients your gonna need to have individual rooms for each patient, and i here theyre trying to make advertising caregiver services illegal as well. im not sure about wayne but washtenaw cty seems to be the spot to be, steer clear of oakland cty basically and some of the places more north from what i hear

C

chillsmoker

^^^ very frightening and very true

There are a few Michigan legislators led by the AG (bill Schuette) who hates our law and is making it their personal vendetta to change the laws and strip MI patients of the rights that the voters originally passed back in 08. Stay tuned to the new legislation going on in the state, if the will of the people is upheld, MI could lead the way in the med world, but if they pass these bills, it could do a lot of harm to our community

G

guerilla415

wow, thanks for the info fellas, i guess i need to get up on my politics before i worry about my medicine huh??? how fucking perfect.

can you imagine america itself if it was actually run on the principals it was founded on without politicians and personal interests mucking it up???

I almost am giving up on my beloved USA for somewhere that i can actually fell secure that federal agents are not gonna bust down my door regardless of my medical status with any state.

I hear portugal is nice and basically is not enforcing any marijuana or drug laws. sounds promising.

take care and stay safe

guerilla

G

guerilla415

I sincerely hope that the residents of the state recognize what an important decision they have in wheteher to move forward with making the medical use of cannabis a fully accepted part of the state itself. Michigan has the chance to actually streamline the model already set by an even larger state with a larger main city in california. You are so right in saying that MI could be pioneers in a new age of medical cannabis. Lets see what happens. Thanks again

guerilla

Motarebel

Motarebel

Our county prosecutor was cool with the facts untill Schuette got into office,now he's joined his drinking buddy's way of thinking. The jackass wants everything to be on public record so the public knows who legal and who's not. The fuckers want to put us on a hit list for crooks to find our grows and rob us blind. I for one am going to wait till after this fall before thinking about renewing my card,if the tarts win out and new laws pop up then i'm not renewing and no one will know i grow my own meds.

2DogWalker

Guer,

I wouldn't lie to you and tell you everything is bright and rosy here, because with our current elected state gov't we have to fight for this right... (its looking like I wouldn't be surprised to see snyder recalled though tbh). I do agree with everyone on a few points though,

1. Michigan can have a major impact in the Medical Scene (if our law provides). We have research, testing, distribution all in place (and the trained / educated employees out of work)

2. Michigan's Economy is in a DIRE state, we need a boost, once these dumbasses figure out a way to get in our pockets they will let us grow a 300 acre field with shade cloth for the right amount.... My pockets open wide up once fear of federal prosecution is gone....

3. My thought - We need more intelligent, compassionate folks like you in this , as opposed to all the people who are around here now making a mockery out of our trade and law.....

4. Veterans are a worthy and needed recipient of this medicine as well as, someone who it looks very poorly upon our politicians to speak negatively of...

Good luck any way you swing it bro, if portugal works out let me know and we can start a little co op bro! Be safe in your travels

2DoGWalker

fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

That's right vote them out-RECALL THEM!!!

The problem was, we should never have voted them in in the first place. I got in some heated discussions on here and other sites before the last election voted these idiots in, giving them total control of both state houses, the governorship, and attorney general. Basically giving them the keys to change everything. Rick Snyder just gerrymandered the next election by changing districts to make them more Republican friendly.

We knew Bill Shuette's main goal is to destroy this law way before the elections. He says we are operating "drug houses". He got judge Lauderbach in Midland to say the law was "unconstitutional", which prompted closure of all area compassion clubs. His reasoning was that if your regular doctor doesn't authorize medical marijuana, you can't go to another doctor that specializes in authorizations.

I hate it when people say, who cares who I vote for, they are all crooked politicians. Even voting for Ron Paul is not good, as he is republican, so when you vote republican, you get the rest of the party, and they think he is a joke, so you can't bitch about any of this. Of course they will keep him though, as he gets people into the "big tent", along with right wing evangelicals, tea baggers and the rest. What is sad, is all of these poor people are used to vote against their own benefit by the rich establishment & corporations.

The republicans have an extreme agenda, and leaving them with this much power is dangerous. Please, everyone, get out and sign the recall petitions, and more importantly go out and vote when the recall comes up. This is much more important than anything else right now, as every day they are in office gives them more time to ruin us.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Others have already mentioned the political and legal environment here so I won't go over that. If you are seriously considering a move here then go to the state's Website where you can read over the law yourself. There is no provision made for legally acquiring genetics either seed or clones. Anyone offering these services are not officially sanctioned by the state. You have to get your stock the old fashion way. There are some dispensaries or compassion clubs that help circulate plants to patients but technically there is no protection for this. Just do all your research and make the best decision for you.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I think Bill trying to bulk up his resume to make a run at governor, that mofo has held almost every political office in the state but governor. When he's got an agenda he will not quit, he's not going anywhere soon either, this is a man with a very powerful influence amongst his peers in politics even outside of Michigan.

Kingdiamond

Kingdiamond

If i had money id move away from Michigan the killing of the dispensaries and p2p has put growers like me in a tight spot my 1 patient provides me very little monthly to run my grow but after seeing the DEA and justice department closing down all the dispensaries i don't know if theres any other state to move too we are screwed and if these ridiculous bills pass top where we have to register I'm done.

V

Vaped

Michigan is not a place to move to at this point...no jobs, and the MMJ jobs are disappearing quickly...thank god the Michigan State Supreme Court accept our appeal...just disappointing the dispensary with the most screwed up opperational policies is the case in question...p2p transfers were never mentioned in the law, only cg 2 p transfers were...each patient has a primary care giver, why do they call it primary. At worst I hope p2p transfers are banned...c2p are opened up

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

No state MMJ program cares about breeding or advancing medical strains. All they care about is money! Taxation and data mining of personal information, thats all this MMJ stuff is about. Good luck Michigan, I have visited and there are some good peeps with some good meds there, but just like Colorado, you guys are in a tight spot!

T

T1420

were screwed... just shoot every fudkin po po that enters yer view.... Hell they automatically throw ALL peeps in the same light, with lowlife crooks... howabout lookin at everyone of them like THEIR all the same, THE PROBLEM... NAZI PUPPETS. countrys full of brainwashed fools that believe "THEY" run this shit.. Yeah 4 all you spineless pawns, follow yer rules... obey YOUR master... The only one I obey is ME!! Break this fn country already... so we can overrun it, and only those who have real world skills will be left.. n all these parasites would b screwed. Fuk it

Top Bottom