Medical Grow - Ideal setup?

• Thread starter cigarifama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cigarifama

Designated medical grower here, with a limited plant count. I plan on running a perpetual system, and would apreciate advice on everything I do. So don't hold back! :) I'm still planning the grow, so if you see that I'm doing something wrong, or if you'd do something differently, please share.

Perpetual grow setup, with 1000W per plant (overkill?)
Veg 8 weeks, or as long as long flower, whichever is longer... I plant to grow out trees
Height won't be a limiting factor since I'll have about 16ft to work with.
Growing medium: promix in airpots
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUjNBKex0I[/YOUTUBE] (anyone with experience with these?)
Lights will be vertically hung, between plants.
Closed environment, so sufficiant air conditioning and co2 system will be installed.

Nutes:
Optimum Hydroponix (complete line). Anyone have experience with this line?
Alaska "Fish Fertilizer"
Grotek "Kick Start", and Clonex

What am I missing here?
What would you do differently?

And I know this question is better suited for the strains review section, but figured you could put in your two cents, as to which strain would best suit this system. My patient like kush strains and everything stinky :P

P

PAPADUCK

Welcome, and again i learn more options this site is the best hope you learn and have as much fun here as i am.

PD

purpleberry

purpleberry

What do you mean by perpetual grow? If you plan to do big plants and pull one out as its done and bring in another from veg, I dont think 8 weeks veg is going to do it. You would have to overlap your veg time and try and get 12+ weeks, And run a 1000w MH in veg so you can get the plant in its final pot for few weeks before putting it in the flower room. Esp if you running some slow veg indicas.
I know on papper perpetual sounds like a good idea, there just so many reasons not to do it. Different fert requirments, insect problems, cant veg in the flower room, harder to clean. Id just split your plant numbers between veg and flower. About a week before harvest take new clones.

J

jackbgrower

What do you mean by perpetual grow? If you plan to do big plants and pull one out as its done and bring in another from veg, I dont think 8 weeks veg is going to do it. You would have to overlap your veg time and try and get 12+ weeks, And run a 1000w MH in veg so you can get the plant in its final pot for few weeks before putting it in the flower room. Esp if you running some slow veg indicas.
I know on papper perpetual sounds like a good idea, there just so many reasons not to do it. Different fert requirments, insect problems, cant veg in the flower room, harder to clean. Id just split your plant numbers between veg and flower. About a week before harvest take new clones.

I can't speak out against this more than I am about to, but perpetual.....NOT A GOOD IDEA!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!??????????!?!?!?!?!

Let's put this into perspective since this guy doesn't think it can be done. First off let's say you have two rooms, and you have adequate height. We are wanting trees so you are going to be vegging for a long time, and let's just say you don't want the plants over 6 - 8 ft after they are done stretching. So you have your veg room, now how many 3 - 4 month old plants can (1) 1000W MH vertically hung support?

In my estimation 4 per bulb would be a low number. So let's just say that you have (1) 1000W MH. That means at any one time you will have 4 plants waiting to be put into your flowering room.

Now onto your flowering room, you have a strain that finishes in I don't know...70 days. It is SUPER easy to stagger these plants, especially doing it in a low down the room. You throw one huge tree into a room full of your vertically hung HPS, since you don't have a light number I am going to leave this up to you to decide per your budget. However, if I was doing it I would have two plants staggered at a time, and a row of 6 vertically hung lamps in rows of 2.

LAMP-----LAMP-----LAMP
LAMP-----LAMP-----LAMP

Then you just throw one plant in, and in the beginning only 4 HPS will be running you'll see why.

LAMP-----LAMP
-----PLANT----
LAMP-----LAMP

Depending how you want to run your perpetual, staggering by a month works in the beginning because it gives you enough time to prepare everything for trim and new plants, etc.

Since you are running 4 plants in veg at a time I would just throw 2 trees into flower, and then a month later throw 2 more in. You really do have to work with the numbers, the space, and the number of lights you have over at least two grows to really dial everything in. Perpetual is in my opinion the only way to grow, if you really could stagger a strain to a point and have it dialed in where you are pulling a crop every week imagine that, compared to the people who people 3 - 4 crops a year you are pulling 52.

Latest posts

Top Bottom