Medical Marijuana is 'Sham' Just to Get High, Obama Official Says

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

that's like saying you aren't allowed to make your own wine or beer. I highly doubt they'll be able to stop people from growing at home considering there has been an indoor horticultural industry for the past 35 years. They'd have to shut down companies like hydrofarm and the like to ever have any type of control over that. And are you sure on these laws against growing tobacco? I figured people didn't do it cause it's a pain in the ass and not worth the effort when you can buy high end tobaccos all over the place. and just as you can own a microbrewery im sure you could have a marijuana microbrewery.

I never said they will shut down indoor growers, thats impossible, but I did say it will remain illegal. It's just not gonna be what people think, you may be able to brew your own beer at home, but your not allowed to legally sell it without the Government being involved. Wine and beer is different then liquor, thats why you need a license to manufactuer, distribute and profit from it. Cannabis will most likely be in the same category as liquor because of the strength and price of it, so I don't believe the Government will allow citizens to grow and smoke what they want. There are billions of dollars at stake and we are already having a hard time getting it used for medicine, which there is alot of evidence that supports medical marijuana, so I'm not gonna think they will just let us grow and smoke bud without them regulating it. Trust me bro, marijuana is so much different then beer, nobody is gonna illegally brew beer and sell it because they can make alot more money doing that with liquor and its gonna end up the same way with weed, if it is legalized. A bottle of beer is worth a few dollars, but a bottle of 50% alcohol moonshine is worth about 5-10 times as much so think about a bottle full of high grade bud, thats worth hundreds of dollars and there is no way the Government will allow everybody to grow and smoke without making money from it. This is just my opinion and none of us know exactly whats gonna happen if it is legalized, but I'm going by what they are doing with liquor and thats something alot of people use to illegally make money from and still do, so marijuana should be compared to liquor more then beer because of how strong and valuable cannabis is and liquor is the closest thing to it when it comes to strength and value.

I don't really disagree with you, I just don't think the Government is gonna allow so much money to go down the drain when they can easily regulate it by making deals with big companies.

O

Organicyumyum

I never said they will shut down indoor growers, thats impossible, but I did say it will remain illegal. It's just not gonna be what people think, you may be able to brew your own beer at home, but your not allowed to legally sell it without the Government being involved. Wine and beer is different then liquor, thats why you need a license to manufactuer, distribute and profit from it. Cannabis will most likely be in the same category as liquor because of the strength and price of it, so I don't believe the Government will allow citizens to grow and smoke what they want. There are billions of dollars at stake and we are already having a hard time getting it used for medicine, which there is alot of evidence that supports medical marijuana, so I'm not gonna think they will just let us grow and smoke bud without them regulating it. Trust me bro, marijuana is so much different then beer, nobody is gonna illegally brew beer and sell it because they can make alot more money doing that with liquor and its gonna end up the same way with weed, if it is legalized. A bottle of beer is worth a few dollars, but a bottle of 50% alcohol moonshine is worth about 5-10 times as much so think about a bottle full of high grade bud, thats worth hundreds of dollars and there is no way the Government will allow everybody to grow and smoke without making money from it. This is just my opinion and none of us know exactly whats gonna happen if it is legalized, but I'm going by what they are doing with liquor and thats something alot of people use to illegally make money from and still do, so marijuana should be compared to liquor more then beer because of how strong and valuable cannabis is and liquor is the closest thing to it when it comes to strength and value.

I don't really disagree with you, I just don't think the Government is gonna allow so much money to go down the drain when they can easily regulate it by making deals with big companies.

if weed was legal, why would you illegally grow it for profit? you wouldn't. you'd open a legit business just like any other legal business. it wouldnt be profitable to grow a few lights worth in your home. you'd have to have a legit storefront and packaging just like any other legit business if you wanted people to take you seriously enough to charge top dollar.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

if weed was legal, why would you illegally grow it for profit? you wouldn't. you'd open a legit business just like any other legal business. it wouldnt be profitable to grow a few lights worth in your home. you'd have to have a legit storefront and packaging just like any other legit business if you wanted people to take you seriously enough to charge top dollar.

Because it would be alot more expensive then it is now, the reason marijuana is relatively inexpensive is because people can spend $300 on a small closet grow and yield $2000 in product. If it is legal then the Government will regulate it so people are not allowed to grow at there house, but will be able to buy it from stores. When that happens there is gonna be a whole shitload of taxes and fee's that we never seen before (because its illegal now) and the price will skyrocket. Just like you said earlier, there will probably be some high end product for $1000 an oz., but even mid grade nuggets would be around 600-$700 (just for example) and there ain't many people willing to pay that kind of money when they can grow it themselves and easily make $250 an oz.

The reason price will go up is because of overhead, when something is legal there will be high taxes and the Government will have it inspected and other regulations which rises the cost compared to an illegal home grower. So people that have a legit business are the ones who will jack up the price because they will have lots of taxes and fee's themselves and the only way for them to make a decent profit would be to raise prices. So instead of paying insane prices to have it legally there will be alot of people still growing illegally so they can avoid all those taxes and fees which will give them the ability to sell it at a lower cost. Just like people in the mountains down south who make moonshine, whiskey is legal, but they can sell it at a discount because they don't pay taxes, fees and overhead of a legit business.

Think about it, if you can legally buy a lb. for $7000 or illegally buy a lb. for $2800, which would you choose?? I'm not gonna buy bud from a store just because its legal, there are plenty of great growers and there is alot of good product out in the streets and just because someone has a store I'm not gonna buy from them because it will be so much more expensive.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Because it would be alot more expensive then it is now, the reason marijuana is relatively inexpensive is because people can spend $300 on a small closet grow and yield $2000 in product. If it is legal then the Government will regulate it so people are not allowed to grow at there house, but will be able to buy it from stores. When that happens there is gonna be a whole shitload of taxes and fee's that we never seen before (because its illegal now) and the price will skyrocket. Just like you said earlier, there will probably be some high end product for $1000 an oz., but even mid grade nuggets would be around 600-$700 (just for example) and there ain't many people willing to pay that kind of money when they can grow it themselves and easily make $250 an oz.

The reason price will go up is because of overhead, when something is legal there will be high taxes and the Government will have it inspected and other regulations which rises the cost compared to an illegal home grower. So people that have a legit business are the ones who will jack up the price because they will have lots of taxes and fee's themselves and the only way for them to make a decent profit would be to raise prices. So instead of paying insane prices to have it legally there will be alot of people still growing illegally so they can avoid all those taxes and fees which will give them the ability to sell it at a lower cost. Just like people in the mountains down south who make moonshine, whiskey is legal, but they can sell it at a discount because they don't pay taxes, fees and overhead of a legit business.

Think about it, if you can legally buy a lb. for $7000 or illegally buy a lb. for $2800, which would you choose?? I'm not gonna buy bud from a store just because its legal, there are plenty of great growers and there is alot of good product out in the streets and just because someone has a store I'm not gonna buy from them because it will be so much more expensive.

300 dollars? I'd like to see that setup.

If it were legal the majority of people would grow it themselves, or they would buy it at the store. There may still be an underground market like moonshine, but shit I cant find moonshine anywhere in my neighborhood. I can find a BEvMo pretty easily though.

And if you want to talk prices, how about the fact that people currently pay 20 bucks for a shot of "top shelf" booze at the bar in some big cities, when they could buy the bottle for 30 bucks?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

300 dollars? I'd like to see that setup.

If it were legal the majority of people would grow it themselves, or they would buy it at the store. There may still be an underground market like moonshine, but shit I cant find moonshine anywhere in my neighborhood. I can find a BEvMo pretty easily though.

And if you want to talk prices, how about the fact that people currently pay 20 bucks for a shot of "top shelf" booze at the bar in some big cities, when they could buy the bottle for 30 bucks?

Check out my journal, I don't have everything I need, but I have enough to pull at least a half lb. every 2 months and I paid about $300 for everything, including the seeds. If you honestly believe people are gonna be happy because the price of marijuana doubles or triples and there gonna pay that just because bars sell alcohol for triple the money, then go ahead bro, but I know if it happens in my life time the majority of people in America (that I know) will rather pay half price for something illegal instead of getting it legally for 2-3 times as much.

Your right there are people paying ridiculous amounts for alcohol at bars and clubs, but that still has little to do with people who smoke bud because there ain't many potheads who spend top dollar at bars. If your selling oz. for $450 at a legal store and someone else is doing it illegally with oz. for $250, your gonna have a hard time competing with him because people don't care if its legal or not, its been illegal for so long there not gonna pay more money just because the Government says its legal. With alcohol all of us have lived this way our entire life, so its normal to pay $20 for a shot, even though most people can't afford it. Now with marijuana nobody is used to paying more then $20 a gram and very few people will be willing to pay more, so there will be a huge black market for marijuana if it is legalized then prices rise.

Like I said before, none of us know whats gonna happen if its legalized, we don't even know if it will be legal anytime soon. So with that said I'm obviously basing my opinion on what I've seen the Government do in the past and I don't see the majority of smokers paying top dollar when they can get it from a friend for half price.

Oh yeah, and if it is legalized, I don't see the Government allowing anybody to just open a business and grow/sell marijuana. I think there gonna have deals with huge corporations and your gonna need a special license to grow and sell it, so growers won't be able to just open a normal business and sell bud. Again, this is just my opinion, but based on how grimey the Government is now I'm sure there gonna stay that way if its legalized.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
When dispensaries (LEGAL) first started here in LA the kush was 80-100 per 1/8. People bought the shit out of it. I'm just playing the devisl advocate as this is all just hypothesis.

If it were legalized today I think we would see Amsterdam prices. 5-12 a gram. thats my guess based on where their free market prices landed.

ANYWAY... it aint getting legalized any time soon. Maybe the derivitaves bubble pops before then. It will be anarchy and we wont be as concerned about growing as we will be about surviving the mass poverty. It would be a hell of a thing to barder with though in hard times. STOCKPILE SOME SEEDS!!!

for 300 I dont think you factored in your time. Also, you can grow your own... so why would you buy it from the store? Especially with all the killer strains available here at the farm (I'm so grateful for this place). There are a lot of ballers who dont give a shit, dont care to grow their own no matter how cheaply they can do it, and will just buy expensive anything so they can say its the most expensive (status).

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
like yumyum said, when you see people at the club (I have seen them) pouring bottles of cristal on the ground or spraying it at people, or tearing up money and throwing it at people who dont have a table... it really puts things in perspective. Fuck my girl met a kid in Miami, his allowance was 10k a DAY. Owned his own island and shit.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

When dispensaries (LEGAL) first started here in LA the kush was 80-100 per 1/8. People bought the shit out of it. I'm just playing the devisl advocate as this is all just hypothesis.

If it were legalized today I think we would see Amsterdam prices. 5-12 a gram. thats my guess based on where their free market prices landed.

ANYWAY... it aint getting legalized any time soon. Maybe the derivitaves bubble pops before then. It will be anarchy and we wont be as concerned about growing as we will be about surviving the mass poverty. It would be a hell of a thing to barder with though in hard times. STOCKPILE SOME SEEDS!!!

for 300 I dont think you factored in your time. Also, you can grow your own... so why would you buy it from the store? Especially with all the killer strains available here at the farm (I'm so grateful for this place). There are a lot of ballers who dont give a shit, dont care to grow their own no matter how cheaply they can do it, and will just buy expensive anything so they can say its the most expensive (status).

Your right, I didn't factor in time, but I used 300 up front and its actually less then that every harvest after the 1st, so I think it averages out to about 300. Anyways, your also right about it not being legalized anytime soon, I dont think it will happen in my lifetime and I'm only 25. To answer your question, I wouldn't buy bud from a store and thats the point I was trying to make, why pay for bud when you can grow yourself or buy it cheaper off the streets.

About prices, its over $12 a gram right now, so if it was legalized I don't see how the price would lower based not only on supply and demand. I think there will be a limited supply because of the Governments regulations and the demand will be as high as it is now. Just like you said, over $80 an 1/8 which is way above street value and thats for medical patients, so imagine how they would price rape normal citizens :eek: Then again, it could go the other way like you said and get cheaper. If it is legalized anytime soon I honestly don't care how much it cost because I would never buy bud when I can just grow it myself :cool:

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

like yumyum said, when you see people at the club (I have seen them) pouring bottles of cristal on the ground or spraying it at people, or tearing up money and throwing it at people who dont have a table... it really puts things in perspective. Fuck my girl met a kid in Miami, his allowance was 10k a DAY. Owned his own island and shit.

Yep, there are some people that are sickening rich, but there few and far between. 1% of the American population owns about 90% of the money in this country, but thats another thread.

Top Bottom