Medical marijuana patients face 5-to-10 years in prison for owning a gun, says ATF

• Thread starter mendel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Its not just med patients, this is a regan era law... a fire arm + drugs equals a severe min man sentence.... I woulda thought this was common knowldge actually... I understand y'all have cards for your state but unfortunaly its still federally illeagle an therefor still able to catch y'all a heavy sentence.... best way to get around it is have a wife/husband pick one up who isn't a card holder... Az

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
its why I always tell people if they own guns to not keep them where they grow - period

I cant tell you how many arguments I have gotten into with people re: this topic

If I had an 1/8 for every time I heard "theres no law that says I cant own guns and grow weed" I wouldnt have to grow anymore for my personal use

it gives me no great comfort to be vindicated in this matter though I have to say

that being said somebody needs to step up and challenge this bullshit!

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

... best way to get around it is have a wife/husband pick one up who isn't a card holder... Az[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that you can legally transfer firearms to a spouse that doesn't have a card and be covered. Seems like that would be a very grey area.

D

DoobyScoo

Yeah, never mind the Constitution.
"Never mind that whole Second Amendment thing:"

I forgot what that was about anyway.
That's right,
"Insurance policy for the First"

Fact is.
Get charged by the State? Got a fighting chance.
Get Federal charges? You fucked.

And here comes the 'Pimp Slap'.
"But agents do have the ability to search on a case-by-case basis to see who may or may not have concealed permits in the state."
Not what I would call Confidential.
Why would you need to search the Registry to see if they have a CCW?
Can't you just call the Sheriff???

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Yes darth it is a very gray... but its the only way right now to get around shit.... its like how a convict would get their spouse to get a firearm.... but as motherload says its also about not haveing it at your spot I live in one of the most gun friendly states an still keep my shit in storage somewhere else cause the feds arnt friendly...Az

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I can see it now. Man gets blowgun'd to death after trying to steal an outdoor medial marijuana crop.

D

DoobyScoo

Did somebody say "Crossbow"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNLvDIcBtz8

And why do they need to access the "confidential medical marijuana registry of Colorado" when the CBI (and FBI) already has your fingerprints on file and the county Sheriff signed off on your right to a CCW?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

I havent seen anyone bring it up lol

I have 2 rigged auto paintball guns filled with marbles waiting to spray
my quests :character0110:

aint no charge coming with that

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I havent seen anyone bring it up lol

I have 2 rigged auto paintball guns filled with marbles waiting to spray
my quests :character0110:

aint no charge coming with that

oh shit that would be rad as hell!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Is it just the CCW, because I always thought the basic 15 minute background check form at Sportsmans Warehouse has that bullshit about if you even possess a firearm and ANY (like a gram!) MMJ you could get 5 years in Federal Prison, like even just an unloaded shotgun, in your basement closet, only used for bird hunting once a year, and a single gram of weed in your underwear drawer, and you could be in serious trouble?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

seriously think about how many bones in the face you can break with this in about what 3 seconds? lol

less lethal weapons to the fullest for sure
Its enough to get the job done plus more
be smart guys there aint no way getting around you having a gun with your op period, not worth it

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I like the Montana arguement that the concealed handgun liscense is a state administered program and the feds are only used to perform the required background check and have nothing to do with the actual program, that all falls under states rights. There is no federal CCW

So you basically give up your federal second ammendment protection but your covered under states rights..

Tex

Tripsick

Tripsick

Well lets hope the NRA starts fighting this battle.. they want guns in bars.. i can have guns with an Oxy script. Rescheduling Marijuana should be the main thing people are fighting for... go for legalization later on. They should have asked Obama to reschedule not legalize and see if he still gives a bullshit answer.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Well lets hope the NRA starts fighting this battle.. they want guns in bars.. i can have guns with an Oxy script. Rescheduling Marijuana should be the main thing people are fighting for... go for legalization later on. They should have asked Obama to reschedule not legalize and see if he still gives a bullshit answer.

+1

C

Cloud9

according to the CO registry, only certain people can access and request information about a patient and only under certain conditions.
here is the document:

so i wonder if the state is going to break its own policy to let ATF scan the registry??

i know that simply having a red card is not enough to get you denied a CCW permit.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
But if ya have a Marinol script your alright....lol

Tex

Top Bottom