Medical Strain Question

• Thread starter dcm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dcm

I have been researching medical cannabis for about 3-4 months. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a very good medical strain that can grow indoors. This is for my wife who has pre-cancerous growths on her neck.

Some history:

She suffered a severe closed head injury (brain damage to the right frontal lobe). She functions quite well in spite of it; she completed a post secondary education at the top of her class, owns a business, but she still suffers from debilitating migraine headaches, chronic insomnia and pain, severe mood swings (hard on the family) and arthritis and all because of being rear-ended by someone who had a grand maul seizure while driving.

I recently learnt that she has a growth on her neck, something to do with the thyroid. She went for a battery of tests, and now the doctor has called her in; it was supposed to be no news from him is good news.

Just got the results yesterday, and the doc says the growth has enlarged and she has another one besides...

I do not want her to go on chemo if possible, and I do not want to lose my wife either.

Thank-you.

S

Sea Of Green

Something with high CBD/low THC, like Harlequin(13.65% CBD/6.03% THC). CBD(Cannabidiol) is a more powerful pain reliever, and THC(Tetrahydrocannabinol) can cause undesired psychoactive effects(precipitating, or worsening, severe mood swings/disorders in some cases).

If chemo were to be needed, then something with higher THC vs. CBD might be better. More appetite stimulation and still good pain relief, but at the risk of increased mood instability. I'd recommend Shiskaberry(aka Kish) for that. Med-high THC(17.62%), medium CBD(1.12%), low CBN(.11%). It's very good for pain, appetite, muscle relaxing, sleep, and anxiety. Not to mention being extremely easy to grow, indoors or out. And highly preferable if one of your main concerns is avoiding detection by smell. It's the most odorless strain I've ever grown, while it's still growing/flowering that is. It does have a moderately fragrant, yet undeniably beautiful, aroma when fully cured however. Berry, hashy, and ever so slightly skunky. You just have to be within a couple inches of the flowering plant to catch any hint of it.

D

dcm

Thank-you for the replies; I will try one of those strains you mentioned, and also look into that site that was posted.

D

dcm

Something with high CBD/low THC, like Harlequin(13.65% CBD/6.03% THC). CBD(Cannabidiol) is a more powerful pain reliever, and THC(Tetrahydrocannabinol) can cause undesired psychoactive effects(precipitating, or worsening, severe mood swings/disorders in some cases).

If chemo were to be needed, then something with higher THC vs. CBD might be better. More appetite stimulation and still good pain relief, but at the risk of increased mood instability. I'd recommend Shiskaberry(aka Kish) for that. Med-high THC(17.62%), medium CBD(1.12%), low CBN(.11%). It's very good for pain, appetite, muscle relaxing, sleep, and anxiety. Not to mention being extremely easy to grow, indoors or out. And highly preferable if one of your main concerns is avoiding detection by smell. It's the most odorless strain I've ever grown, while it's still growing/flowering that is. It does have a moderately fragrant, yet undeniably beautiful, aroma when fully cured however. Berry, hashy, and ever so slightly skunky. You just have to be within a couple inches of the flowering plant to catch any hint of it.

Where can I buy Harlequin or Kish seeds?

thanks

S

Sea Of Green

Harlequin is likely a clone only. And I'd have no clue where to get one unfortunately. Maybe caregiverken knows?

Kish is getting harder to find seeds for, they're usually sold out if listed. But BCSeedBank.ca says they have them in stock currently.

S

sensisaint

hey whats up bro? sorry to hear about your wife all my best. you can find kish seeds from cash crop ken seeds,you can order them at vancouver seed bank, and maybe the victoria seed bank aswell. they should have it in stock at both. take care and peace.

S

Sea Of Green

Cash Crop Ken Seeds? They're all CCK seeds, whether they call the Shiskaberry or Kish. Same strain, same breeder. Since when has he sold his seeds retail? Never that I'm aware of.

And, Victoria Seed Bank is Vancouver Seed Bank. Same business, Kish seeds currently out of stock. Just like EVERYWHERE else!

Yeah...I did google it first. Not that stoned...good grief...

D

dcm

Some info I found:

Harlequin
Harlequin is notably low in THC content (lab testing in California showed around 7%), it is considerably high in CBD (usually showing results between 5% and 9%)

Cannatonic
THC @6.2% , CBD @6.9%

The strains seem to be very comparable and makes me wonder if they are not the same thing. Harlequin is not available, but Cannatonic is.

Now to find a reputable seeds seller.

S

Sea Of Green

I was hoping caregiverken would jump back in here. He seems to be the guy who knows the who/waht/where/why on the High CBD strains. I haven't been here long, but I've heard him mention them a couple times now.

I've never really been too interested in them personally. They don't suit my needs medicinally. I wouldn't pass up a hit if it came my way, I've just got no time to pursue growing/obtaining them currently. Gotta stay with what I can guarantee works for me, Shiskaberry.

I searched through cgk's posts and found info on another high CBD strain from sohumseeds called Sour Tsunami you can get seeds of(in California atleast). Looks like it's probably better for your wife's purposes than any mentioned here, except possibly Harlequin.
Sour_Tsunami_Page.jpg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
sorry... I wasn't subbed for this thread.

I think Sea of Green is right.. Harlequin is Clone only.
I got mine from Harborside in Oakland, Ca.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/clones%20from:hhcoak?q=clones+from%3Ahhcoak

Harborside also carries So. hum. seeds.

There are others that carry his seeds too. This list is on the page that Sea of Green provided a link to.

Seeds Available at
the following locations:

Berkeley Patients Group
Berkeley

California Collective Care
Vallejo

Creme De Canna
Santa Cruz

El Camino Wellness Center
Sacramento

Elemental Wellness Center
San Jose

The Green Cross
San Francisco

Harborside Health Center
in Oakland

Perfect Plants Patient's Group
El Sobrante, CA
(510) 860-0368

Unity Non Profit Collective
Sacramento

Harlequin and Canntonnic are Not the same plant at all

I wanted to Grow Cannatonic also....But the seeds were not available at the time. Its hit and miss now...and they are NOT cheap.

But if your not in Ca. you may have to go with Cannatonic

Looks like they got a little less expensive

I wish I could help more...Let me know...Im subbed to this thread now.

S

sensisaint

Cash Crop Ken Seeds? They're all CCK seeds, whether they call the Shiskaberry or Kish. Same strain, same breeder. Since when has he sold his seeds retail? Never that I'm aware of.

And, Victoria Seed Bank is Vancouver Seed Bank. Same business, Kish seeds currently out of stock. Just like EVERYWHERE else!

Yeah...I did google it first. Not that stoned...good grief...

what do you think cck stands for!!! i know him personally aswell as the vancouver seed bank owner/operator and it is the same owner but two dif locals,so sometimes one store is out not the other. their very close frineds of mine for years now so im just trying to help.anyways now with that out of the way. the original shish is from breeder steve if you wanna be factual and cck or cash crop ken's(same guy)version is a shish x shish that he'sworked with for years now. i was just pointing to the right door to get those beans. anyways dcm if you need some kish for sure pm me i get it worked out for you.again all my best to you and your family.

G

Greencandyman

Strain for Chemo

Another good strain for chemo, that I have found to work well, is original afghani #1. It is available from seedsman seeds thru attitude seeds in the UK. Very strong, high CBN and CBD, and decently high in THC. It is very good for appetite stimulation, as well as the pain effects of chemotherapy. My wife had terminal colon cancer for 10 years now, and it has worked for her. A very easy strain to cultivate. A novice can easily do it. Very short-about 3 feet tall fully grown, but a bit more smelly. Definately need a carbon filter in the room. I hope your wife does OK. I will say a prayer for her, my freind. Do not give up hope cause that doc gives bad news-my wife was supposed to be gone by dec of 2001. She was diagnosed on feb 14th, 2001. I told the doc that I should call Ms. cleo and have her throw out some chicken bones and rocks to get a diagnosis. He said he was right, as they are wrong on how long you can have. Your wife sounds like a very strong lady. Good luck to you both. Peace.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
list of High CBD strains

while not ever plant in these strains will be high in CBD they seem to be the best choices

here is a list of strain known to be high in CBD

Sour Tsunami

Harlequin

Omrita Rx3

Jamaican Lion

Cannatonic

Juanita la Lagrimosa

Misty

Good Medicine

Maz's Cheese

TB x OGK

OG Afghani

Jamaican Skunk

Atomic Jam

Downtown Diesel

Cotton Candy x Diesel

Sugaree x Blue Diesel

SFV

R-4

Bubblegum Kush

Intensive Care OG Kush

Kushage

Soma A+

Stinky Purple

Poison OG

Granny Durkel

Wu#1

Phenom Phen

Purple Diesel

Silver Dragon

Monkey Balls

F5 Manawell

Sweet SF x OG

Black Queen

D

dcm

Thanks for all the input everyone. I recently ordered some seeds from http://www.seedsman.com/en/ which I sent on Aug 4 by money order, but they say they haven't received my payment yet. Here's hoping they get my payment this week. thanks again all for your kind words and help.

D

dcm

Thanks for all the input everyone. I recently ordered some seeds from http://www.seedsman.com/en/ which I sent on Aug 4 by money order, but they say they haven't received my payment yet. Here's hoping they get my payment this week. thanks again all for your kind words and help.

I have a question about the seeds I ordered from seedsman above.

I sent in my payment using regular post, how long does it typically take for a letter to reach the UK from Canada? I still don't have a reply from them and they say they haven't received my payment yet.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

It's been a month I think the burned u.. U should of ordered From rite here on the Farm..

D

dcm

It's been a month I think the burned u.. U should of ordered From rite here on the Farm..

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt until the end of this coming week; I am hoping this ends well for me, and I can report back here about it. But if it is true that they burned me, what would be a good medical grade seed that I could buy from here on the farm (one with high CBD)?

thanks in advance.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm not 2 sure about the CBD.. But I support OG Raskal & all his work.. His best strain is White Fire.. I would grab some of his gear on his next drop..

Top Bottom