Medicinal Vs. Recreational

• Thread starter monstacropn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monstacropn

monstacropn

Here in California, they are getting ready for legalization bill to get passed like many other states for recreational use. Will this kill the small grow? What else should I expect if this bill is passed?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Here in California, they are getting ready for legalization bill to get passed like many other states for recreational use. Will this kill the small grow? What else should I expect if this bill is passed?
I think prices my drop slightly if any cali has such a huge growing culture and everyone and they mama has a card anyway so I don't see much changing its not like what is happening here everyone wants to be a grower and everyone is selling shitty nugs the ones who sell quality will stay and be fine.

robomont

robomont

a friend of mine said once,you can never grow enough weed.i suspect that is very close to truth.
when i buy,i pay as high as 20 a gram,but truth be known,a good legitimate above board business could easily break even at 5 a gram and still have a slush fund.
so a small guy shouldnt have to worry,aim for 5 and the rest of your profit is make it rain.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If Prop 64 is passed, then we can all grow 6 plants per household indoors, no bans possible, as recreational. If you remain medical then it'll be what your doctor recommends, which is going to be changing by 2018 a la MCRSA (the marijuana terminology has been removed and replaced with cannabis, yay!). Proposition 64 has also made provisions that disallow very large grows until something like 2020, and there's a... oh man, I can't remember what it's called now, for small/micro/boutique growers is provisioned as well.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If Prop 64 is passed, then we can all grow 6 plants per household indoors, no bans possible, as recreational. If you remain medical then it'll be what your doctor recommends, which is going to be changing by 2018 a la MCRSA (the marijuana terminology has been removed and replaced with cannabis, yay!). Proposition 64 has also made provisions that disallow very large grows until something like 2020, and there's a... oh man, I can't remember what it's called now, for small/micro/boutique growers is provisioned as well.
Are you voting to pass this prop?

Homesteader

Homesteader

a good legitimate above board business could easily break even at 5 a gram and still have a slush fund.
so a small guy shouldnt have to worry,aim for 5 and the rest of your profit is make it rain.

I believe the reality is that the government (municipal, state, fed) will all dictate prices by greed much more than any grower will using fees, licensing, sin tax,, etc..

monstacropn

monstacropn

I believe the reality is that the government (municipal, state, fed) will all dictate prices by greed much more than any grower will using fees, licensing, sin tax,, etc..
I kinda disagree being if they choke out the growers how would the make their capitol/revanue

Homesteader

Homesteader

@monstacropn I guess time will tell but empty coffers in all 50 states are looking to refill and shit hasn't even hit the fan yet..... States owe the Fed 4.2 trillion dollars and municipalities leached off that sum as well with no real solution on paying it back. I hope you are right, and I also hope that quality drives the market much more than quantity and dirt cheap pricing but seeing who the major corporate players are hiding as small agri in the nute business, I believe it is just a matter of time before the small farmers are pushed to the fringe in favor of corporate kick backs and reach arounds.

Freshone

Freshone

I'm not voting for 64,i didn't vote for 19 back in the day either,both are BS IMO.

N

Noob grower

In Oregon, it's now legal for anyone to grow 4 plants/location. If you sell, there is a "seed to sale" tracking system and you need to have your product tested. The recreational stuff is taxed and MM is not taxed. Between licensing, testing, and the cost of growing, and distribution, "store bought" is 2-3 times the cost of just buying from a friend (which is now illegal).

The other issue we're having is getting product tested. The group in charge of certifying labs is way behind. Producers are sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product that they can't put into the market because the state agency can't meet the demand.

To answer the OPs question, no, it doesn't kill the small grow. However, in order to legally profit, there is a significant cost in permitting and testing. To add to the complication, municipalities can opt out of having commercial growers in their town or county. They can even opt out of having dispensaries and storefronts.

monstacropn

monstacropn

@monstacropn I guess time will tell but empty coffers in all 50 states are looking to refill and shit hasn't even hit the fan yet..... States owe the Fed 4.2 trillion dollars and municipalities leached off that sum as well with no real solution on paying it back. I hope you are right, and I also hope that quality drives the market much more than quantity and dirt cheap pricing but seeing who the major corporate players are hiding as small agri in the nute business, I believe it is just a matter of time before the small farmers are pushed to the fringe in favor of corporate kick backs and reach arounds.
Even if they do dictate the grower there's always the faithful black market; if that comes to play then it truly becomes a quality race as no one wants to deal with the market for nothing less than the best

Homesteader

Homesteader

Maine has a similar choice on the ballot but if I was a betting man I would say it fails by 5%+ considering 67.3% say Mickey Mouse would be the best candidate if he was on the ballot, the excitement nationwide to even show up and vote is equal to receiving a dental bill in the mail.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right now the polls are showing a 2:1 weight in favor of passing 64. The vast majority of growers I know are against it. I wonder why... (no, I actually don't).
Are you voting to pass this prop?
Yes. As soon as I possibly can. Mostly because of what's happened to my sons, legally.
Even if they do dictate the grower there's always the faithful black market; if that comes to play then it truly becomes a quality race as no one wants to deal with the market for nothing less than the best
And that's where, from a customer's perspective, legalizing will make the most sense. Finally they'll know that waterways aren't being polluted or drained dry, that their product isn't full of shit like E20, they will even be able to enjoy fully certified organic product, knowing that it's been verified and not just some bro's opinion.

monstacropn

monstacropn

If it does get passed for california what is the proposal for plants grown

B

BeeSunGrown

I am voting no. Don't need it it's already legal for us here. There are plenty of options to pay $15- $20 gram for full testesed buds if that's your preference. My opinion is the price doesn't change for those that go to the club if it passes. 6 plants indoors does nothing for me. I would be out all the time. Keep California as is we are good.

Top Bottom