Medium advice

• Thread starter BigFrostyNugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigFrostyNugs

BigFrostyNugs

Hey guys im new to growing and looking for the best knowledge.
I'm stuck between soil and coco I'm new to nutes and feeding so I'm wondering what the best medium for my situation. I'm still looking to get the best results possible so any advice would be great thanks.

Enforcer

Enforcer

In my opinion, unless you are prepared to set up automatic watering, go with soil. Coco requires constant moisture in the root zone to be most effective. If you can’t maintain that moisture without automatic drip, ebb & flow, or some other consistent water source (like a very dedicated gardener), the plants may grow but you will have consistent problems and may not even get to harvest (i.e kill your shit). However, if you do have that capability, and it’s done correctly. Coco is an easy method to learn with vigorous growth and respectable harvests. Almost no pest issues and very forgiving to mistakes. It’s my preferred method for plants I’m going to flower. Organic soil for the mother plants. 😉

BigFrostyNugs

BigFrostyNugs

Thanks for your reply.

I already have biobizz all mix and the three biobizz nutes what do you think about these products?

I bought them previously but never got around to using them. I've been reading that coco would be much better and requires alot more watering/ feeding and alot more ec/ppm/pH care. I would be hand watering/feeding the plants as I'm not able to set up anything els for the first grow

Dan789

Dan789

Thanks for your reply.

I already have biobizz all mix and the three biobizz nutes what do you think about these products?

I bought them previously but never got around to using them. I've been reading that coco would be much better and requires alot more watering/ feeding and alot more ec/ppm/pH care. I would be hand watering/feeding the plants as I'm not able to set up anything els for the first grow
For being new to growing, go the soil route, get a few successful harvests under your belt with soil, which will buffer the mistakes you will make before moving to something more exacting...imho

BigFrostyNugs

BigFrostyNugs

Thanks for the info so do you recommend I just stick to the biobizz all mix and nutes or would you re omend a better soil and nutes

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I personally use a combination of coco and soil. 1 part ocean Crustacean Soil, 1 part enhanced nitrogen/ potassium soil, 2 parts coco for a 4 part mix.
I find the coco gives good drainage, while the Two hot soils capture water and doa slow release of nutrients. Been working pretty well for a few grows now.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

this is the soil we are speaking about & the fertiliser is also listed above. Would this be sufficient to get started.
Is there any other nutrients we need?

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Hey bro, first time grower here myself, I chose coco and a moderately difficult strain to start with. I agree with Enforcer, unless you are able to setup a drip system, and a well thought out drain system, I’d go soil as well. I’ve been out of work due to flu, so I’ve had time to spend. I haven’t set up a automatic watering system yet, but I will for sure before growing in coco lol

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I water daily in coco with great results. Coco was designed for high fertigation frequency, 8x daily, but for a small grow where you are willing to hand water daily, then coco is super easy, a lot easier than soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom