Medium Flushing Advise Needed

• Thread starter Litemup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Litemup

I'm growing 12 females and due to space & location & my illness (they are in 3 & 5 gal. containers) I have not been able to flush my grow medium.
I am 4 weeks into flowering & as yet have observed no indication of "lock-up".
What I have done for this indoor grow is to use organic fish & seaweed fertilizer (with 30ml/gal peroxide(3%)) at 1/2 strength every watering, plus 1/2 strength chem fertilizer for each stage every 2-3 waterings, with pure water(1gal each) at least once a week.
Will this work OK?
can anyone help me with ideas to flush that do not include lifting and moving plants to where all that water can drain?

S

Skunkenstein

Generally you would not need to flush the medium{soil},unless you see visible signs of burnt or curling leafs,slow growth,ect,ect.Most people flush during a grow-cycle, when they know they have somehow screwed-up, and are trying to save the plants.A good liberal watering between 'Fert' applications is all thats really needed.All that hydrogen peroxide is probably doing more harm than good.I use a system I call ''Double Watering''.I always give the plants straight water first..either from the top soil or ''Bottom watering''i.e Fill the drip tray full of water..let the plant drink.After 20-30 min. I will then apply my Liquid fert/water mix.Plants that are sitting in dry soil and or In need of water..are far more suceptable to fert burn from a strong Nutrient mix..especially Chemical ferts.It's all about plant Osmotic pressure,blah,blah..don't really wanna get into all that..AnyHoo, hope this helps...Keep it simple..keep it green!!

L

Litemup

Thanx for the advise as I can use all the help I can get.
Good news to me!
Good luck with yours & happy returns!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Plants that are sitting in dry soil and or In need of water..are far more suceptable to fert burn
This is a K+ point skunkenstein. Dry plants can show overfert symptoms with very tolerable, normal PPM's. If the plant is dry, give it a bit of water before you fertilize.

Top Bottom