Meds testing in RI now!!!

• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LBH

LBH

At the Releaf party last night, I met a guy named Jamie Desouza who has opened up a med testing business. "Know your grow" is the name and the lab is MOBILE!!! They will come to you if you desire or require, free of charge.

I think they are aiming at $40 per test and can also do medibles but those will be done on certain days of the week to consolidate the cleaning of the equipment that is necessary after doing the medibles.

Seems like a great resource for us local growers and I plan to have him test some of our stuff because to be honest, I'm damn curious,lol

If anyone need more info, let me know and I can put you in touch. Their site will be done shortly

Grow 'em up!!!

D

Door2theUnivers

Sounds awsome man have you done it yet? do they test for thc and pesticides im interested!

K

kushedout

check out this months releaf magazine, they have an ad in there, i,m really interested also...would love to c what some of the local strains are testing in thc levels

T

TacomaComa

Im interested in having some of my gear tested. just depends on pricing.

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

im from nj & work with some elite clones, original diesel, land races etc. Id love to know more about this mobile grow & if they can legally test some beans

LBH

LBH

You can now drop off the sample at pretty much any shop in RI. The shops now have the mobile smart lab packaging. They come pre-priced, depending on how many strains you are submitting.

B

blaze 1

i would also like to try this place out. maybe ill try it out next time ..my thing is how accurate are these test if i tried 4 diff testing places i bet they would all be diff ..but at the same time it would give you an average

LBH

LBH

They wouldn't be "identical" even if you ground up a bud and tested it like that. They will be very, very close but not identical. He has done lots of multiple tests on the same subject for us. We've done the same bud, same plant, few other ways. You'd be amazed how different it will read depending on where you took the sample from on the plant too. I suggest you take from 3 different spots, high, middle and low, and take the avg if u truly want to know where youre at. I'm pretty sure they look for the optimal sample to give you the optimal results but not necessarily a true avg of what the plant produced. Definitely looking forward to seeing some competition in the area as that only makes quality and value for the customer/patient go up.

Just wanna note, I don't work for the lab, I met him through my work in the community and we became friends. The biz is growing rapidly and as it does, the improvements come,...Jamie is a very good businessman. Just the same, competition is good for everyone involved.

B

blaze 1

cool beanz mang how much does it cost ...i herd about it from a buddy then i went to three guys hydro in RI and the guy told me i could drop off a sample there ...the nugs under the main cola are my fav untouched goodness

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Don't be foolish and let these cats come to your grow location, take the samples to them or drop off at a pickup center...that's how rippers operate...even though your in a med state now, trust no one..rippers will get you faster than the cops...the gear that it takes cost about $250,000k on the low end, the better gear is around a million bucks to setup and operate and requires a completely sterile enviroment to conduct, I would watch out for someone in an old converted food truck showin up to test my gear..

What kind of test? liquid or gas chromograph? gas is a total waste IMO because they heat the sample for testing and you don't get the inactive THC content at all only active and basically the test turns all THC active thru the testing process..most testing facilities have about a year learning curve to figure everything out...I have done hundreds of test now on every variation of product you could imagine and it is a process to get it all right or even close to right..I spent a few days right beside the scientist dude with the testing gear and saw all the different variations and how subjective it actually is, hard to believe that the hard science of it all is so subjective and not so objective, but it is

It wound up being a kind of novelty out here in CO, there were 4 or 5 different testing facilities goin at each other. A few were using the testing process to secure methods and produce products of their own to compete in the despensary racket directly against the people they were testing for...you can also scew the test to bolster one depsnsaries reputation over another, whether acurate or not, also the regulation for a testing facility is way tricky with the state, you basically an unliscensed faclity with a pile of other peoples weed sittin around which you are liable for and really have no protection for..Alot of people will get a bunch of test, pick the highest one and use that test from then on out, never testing again and makin you think that they are batch testing all the time but it might be test numbers from one badass run a year ago..it may suck now but hey, they got some good numbers at one point..

Just be careful and do your due diligence before you get to into it to deep and put to much weight into the actual test numbers...I have 50+ test here that are absolutely worthless due to faulty testing methodology

genepool

genepool

I agree with Texas Kid this is a scam IMHO.. Before u couldn't even mention weed in these places and now u can bring in samples... Sounds like a way to cash in on people who don't no any better. I admit it's good to see some kind of movement in a stagnant med scene but this isn't helping any1 IMO.

All I've scene is overpriced hyped products and shady salesman at the shops I've visited so I'd be very wary to bring herb anywhere near the establishments. Thanks for posting this up though it's always nice to know!

LBH

LBH

I haven't spoken with Jamie the owner in probably a year or so but I know he isn't a street hustler. His "other" career brings in a solid 200k yr (computer crap). He's a good guy, trying to offer a good service and has learned lots along the way but I fully understand all the concerns listed above. The facility is only relevant to me as they are the folks testing all our product before it goes to the dispensary for sale but having known the owner and some of his family for 4 or 5 yrs now, I wouldnt have a problem vouching for his character.

Speaking of which,...the Slater Center began registering patients today :)

genepool

genepool

cool I'm glad to hear that something is happening, I was waiting to hear about that!
tanks for the heds up

LBH

LBH

Open house sat/sun with patient sign up incentives. Last night was 2 free grams of top shelf with registration. No meds on site yet, u get a voucher

G

greendarknight

Don't be foolish and let these cats come to your grow location, take the samples to them or drop off at a pickup center...that's how rippers operate...even though your in a med state now, trust no one..rippers will get you faster than the cops...the gear that it takes cost about $250,000k on the low end, the better gear is around a million bucks to setup and operate and requires a completely sterile enviroment to conduct, I would watch out for someone in an old converted food truck showin up to test my gear..

What kind of test? liquid or gas chromograph? gas is a total waste IMO because they heat the sample for testing and you don't get the inactive THC content at all only active and basically the test turns all THC active thru the testing process..most testing facilities have about a year learning curve to figure everything out...I have done hundreds of test now on every variation of product you could imagine and it is a process to get it all right or even close to right..I spent a few days right beside the scientist dude with the testing gear and saw all the different variations and how subjective it actually is, hard to believe that the hard science of it all is so subjective and not so objective, but it is

It wound up being a kind of novelty out here in CO, there were 4 or 5 different testing facilities goin at each other. A few were using the testing process to secure methods and produce products of their own to compete in the despensary racket directly against the people they were testing for...you can also scew the test to bolster one depsnsaries reputation over another, whether acurate or not, also the regulation for a testing facility is way tricky with the state, you basically an unliscensed faclity with a pile of other peoples weed sittin around which you are liable for and really have no protection for..Alot of people will get a bunch of test, pick the highest one and use that test from then on out, never testing again and makin you think that they are batch testing all the time but it might be test numbers from one badass run a year ago..it may suck now but hey, they got some good numbers at one point..

Just be careful and do your due diligence before you get to into it to deep and put to much weight into the actual test numbers...I have 50+ test here that are absolutely worthless due to faulty testing methodology

I sat and listened to some very well reputed chemists whom both do testing lecture followed by a sort of mediated debate/q&a at a conference and get all technical for a while...

-Solely based on tech Liquid is definitely the better technology vs. gas and liquid

-gas really doesn't work well on edibles or concentrates (not anywhere near as good as anyways)

-I think the most I got out of it was that if variables are controlled and you are comparing apples to apples

-which leads me to...yes i don't think dropping off a sample at a grow store is a good way to avoid contamination...

not to mention: med state or not dropping meds off at a grow store to people you may or may not know is sketchy as fuck in the first place

I've spoken to this guy on the phone and he seems like a straight shooter, as far as convenience I would let him test since it is convenient and cheap (I believe liquid is much much more expensive)

I know alot of people feel like the strain competitions (high times, etc.) are kind of a scam but if you can avoid contamination at least you do control for variables and you are performing at least some what of a reasonable comparison of strain vs. strain

LBH

LBH

The mobile lab program has been a big hit so far. I think traffic at the office is down to nill, everyone is using the service. I think its a convenience for the most part, theres a store on every corner and every grower comes to know his/her local folks behind the counter, some really well. I know it wouldnt be worth it to me though, to test it for thc (im obviously baked,lol) if I woulfd have to drive it up from westerly or charlestown or something.....maybe if Im playing with genetics, aiming for a high cbd strain or something but just to know how strong it is,....I can smoke it to do that! Another one you can tell by tasting is flush but I'd also be curious to know how well it was flushed but I'm pretty sure he'd need to buy a real expensive sample pack to run the stuff for that. He DID just buy the pack to do butane extractions,...tests for a bunch of "ethyls" or something like that.

Either way, like it or not, all the meds being sold to the centers will be run through KYG b4 hitting the shelves, personally, I think it's a good thing.

G

greendarknight

I agree...gas testing is better than no testing at all...

the industry needs a common denominator for quality/strength and testing provides that

Top Bottom