meet the honeycomb

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hey @Capulator ....can you tell me how you are attaching the wire to the branches? I have tried a few different methods but can't seem to find one that isn't going to pinch the branch. Oh and I made my ceiling grid out of that lime green deer fence from home depot....it adds some color to the room for sure. :wtf:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey @Capulator ....can you tell me how you are attaching the wire to the branches? I have tried a few different methods but can't seem to find one that isn't going to pinch the branch. Oh and I made my ceiling grid out of that lime green deer fence from home depot....it adds some color to the room for sure. :wtf:

You need to get 1/4" drip line, and cut it in to 1" sections. Then slip the drip line over the wire until about an inch of wire is exposed on one side. Now bend the drip tube to make a loop, wrap the branch, and close the loop and twist off with wire lead.

Hope this makes sense.

shawnskush

shawnskush

You need to get 1/4" drip line, and cut it in to 1" sections. Then slip the drip line over the wire until about an inch of wire is exposed on one side. Now bend the drip tube to make a loop, wrap the branch, and close the loop and twist off with wire lead.

Hope this makes sense.
That is a great idea cap!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hope this makes sense.
Totally makes sense....and I just got 100 ft of 1/4 drip line the other day as I am adding more octabublers. Thanks Cap. I'll post up a thread here before too long....then you can see my crazy lime green ceiling.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
This idea was taken from tree staking and using heavy duty wire and cut up hose pieces so you don't girdle the tree with just wire. This is just a mini version of that. You can also use this method to tie off the plant to the rim of the container. If you do this in three places your plant will never fall over.

J

Jalisco Kid

You guys must have got your cuts from the Castro district. I use the orange hook on the plants. They do make a smaller hook but damn we are growing trees here. I use yo-yos when they are coming out of veg,young tender things and I do not have problems. JK

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

You guys must have got your cuts from the Castro district. I use the orange hook on the plants. They do make a smaller hook but damn we are growing trees here. I use yo-yos when they are coming out of veg,young tender things and I do not have problems. JK

hahaha! That cracked me up JK. I just really liked the ease of this setup. I don't have to clip my yo-yo's on to cages anymore. In fact....now I am ditching the cages. I just reach up and grab a wire and attach it. easy peasy. I do have some strains that act like they came out of West Hollywood though. ;)

DieselBoy

DieselBoy

Just read start-to-finish. Great project and tuning in to see the rest!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Well things in the honeycomb could definitely be better. These are pretty much the worst plants I have had at this stage in a grow, and I can attribute it to a couple of things.

1) I slacked hard on my veg. I built a system that was supposed to be an ebb flow, with a small reservoir of water in the bottom of each bucket. I was too busy/lazy and never hooked the pump up. Just hand watered them and let the roots grow down in to the shallow pool of filth for a couple weeks. When I transplanted they were straight rotted mush, so no head start from my veg LOL.

2) I was on a time constraint since I plan on shutting down for fire inspection in April. I flipped the bucket plants without letting them acclimate to the big girls room. Usually I give them a week to get used to the light increase/new space. This time they did not get that, so they stalled out as usual and when they were supposed to be stretching, they were stressing.

Next run I plan on having my veg system running perfectly, and then vegging them for a week in the big girls room with my humidifiers. I also think I will run perlite only in the top bucket with a 24/7 top feed.

I estimate a yield of 1/2 potato each site. Whatever roots finally made it to the jacuzzi are sad looking, so basically I am growing 6 plants in 5 gallon buckets of chow with a shit ton of light. haha.

The plus side of all this is being smart enough to have some very large plants in chow trashcans. They are doing great and will save my ass yet again.

Still learning.

-Cap:blackeye:

Delerium

Delerium

I will be using yo yos from the ceiling. A wire grid attached to the ceiling allows you to move things wherever you want them. Yo yo's are especially easy, but I plan on pre hanging 400 or so with 3 and half foot wires attached to them. So when you look in the room you will see 400 wires hanging from the ceiling, but because they will be on yo yos you can pull them wherever you need them and they will pull back, supporting the branches and flowers.

This ceiling is almost 12' tall. 11'8" exactly.

I like that name too. honeycomb effect. I bet I get a large following of dabbers by accident. Post #10 just above explains it pretty well, and you can see how the yo yos work to spread the plant out how you want it.

dabbers

J

Jalisco Kid

I have to ask why you choose all perlite for your medium? JK
If you do that I would use my pvc support t's.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have to ask why you choose all perlite for your medium? JK
If you do that I would use my pvc support t's.

You will have to show me that. The reason for the perlite is the fact that you cannot over water when watering 24/7. I have run all perlite before and liked it. Plus it's light. I will just wear my mask so I don't inhale it when it is dry.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Well things in the honeycomb could definitely be better. These are pretty much the worst plants I have had at this stage in a grow, and I can attribute it to a couple of things.

1) I slacked hard on my veg. I built a system that was supposed to be an ebb flow, with a small reservoir of water in the bottom of each bucket. I was too busy/lazy and never hooked the pump up. Just hand watered them and let the roots grow down in to the shallow pool of filth for a couple weeks. When I transplanted they were straight rotted mush, so no head start from my veg LOL.

2) I was on a time constraint since I plan on shutting down for fire inspection in April. I flipped the bucket plants without letting them acclimate to the big girls room. Usually I give them a week to get used to the light increase/new space. This time they did not get that, so they stalled out as usual and when they were supposed to be stretching, they were stressing.

Next run I plan on having my veg system running perfectly, and then vegging them for a week in the big girls room with my humidifiers. I also think I will run perlite only in the top bucket with a 24/7 top feed.

I estimate a yield of 1/2 potato each site. Whatever roots finally made it to the jacuzzi are sad looking, so basically I am growing 6 plants in 5 gallon buckets of chow with a shit ton of light. haha.

The plus side of all this is being smart enough to have some very large plants in chow trashcans. They are doing great and will save my ass yet again.

Still learning.

-Cap:blackeye:

Cap I hate hearing shit like this but glad that your staying positive. If there's anything you need let me know.
Drdre

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

you ever here from mr. dizzle cap? that dude cracked me up, and is part of the reason im giving coco a go.
those girls in the cans are fuckin epic beasts!

J

Jalisco Kid

Thanks brother! If you can't accept a failure once in a while this is the wrong game. I'm still winning in the long run.
You got to love how a simple little plant can humble your ass quick.One day you are at the top of your game the next you are freaking out because you might not have enough to pay the electric bill. I look at it a chance to try different root stimulator formulas. Suerte JK

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

No one running hydroton anymore? Never heard of using perlite before seems to me it would retain more water because of the increased surface area. Water quality is definitely another thing to consider when doing dwc in any form, IMO. Of course my tap water is like 630 ppm! Shit, peak flower I don't hit my girls that hard ever. Hope everything starts turning around cap. The first run in a new system always has a few speed bumps

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
you ever here from mr. dizzle cap? that dude cracked me up, and is part of the reason im giving coco a go.
those girls in the cans are fuckin epic beasts!

No man I miss that guy. Honestly if it weren't for him I woudl have not been able to pay my electric bill on more than one occasion. If you look at my garage build thread he was the one who was trying to convince me not to run any RDWC. Because of that I ran half the room coco (wall o dank). Had some issues with RDWC but never ever with coco DTW.

J

Jalisco Kid

I wish I did not tell him about chow. He definitely would have dialed in the recycle. DD just did not help him thru that algae. And I was such a dick and did not want to help. I did change to help those guys,the uc's not so much. JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I wish I did not tell him about chow. He definitely would have dialed in the recycle. DD just did not help him thru that algae. And I was such a dick and did not want to help. I did change to help those guys,the uc's not so much. JK

You still are a dick JK. :)

j/k

haha

Top Bottom