Mega Crop Users ? Anyone Else Here Using It?

• Thread starter The Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

This is my first year running it. Always used advanced nutes in years past. Heard nothing but good things from the guys I know who do use it. No problems so far early in veg inside prepping for transplant outside. No deficiencies as of yet plants are little over month old taking half dose now, next wil be 3/4 dose and I'll probably keep them there unless the show signs of needing more which I doubt. Price is right to give it try plus there are a lot of positive feed back on the product on other sites I dug around on internet and there are full grow journals out there using only mega crop from start to finish.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have been using the old formula with stellar results. (still have 22lbs..LOL) but I also got their new sample that is supposed to have more calcium and a PK boost as well.. GOOD product.

PE2, looked good, but wound up in the hash pile!
Megacrop

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

I have been using the old formula with stellar results. (still have 22lbs..LOL) but I also got their new sample that is supposed to have more calcium and a PK boost as well.. GOOD product.

PE2, looked good, but wound up in the hash pile!
View attachment 864475
And why did it end up in hash pile? I have four going now in grow room and they are part of my summer crop. I'm concerned hearing that.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

And why did it end up in hash pile? I have four going now in grow room and they are part of my summer crop. I'm concerned hearing that.
Sorry..I grew her indoors and she looked perfect..heavy trichs and fat buds, but TBH, the smoke was just ok, and after a 2 month cure, there was little improvement. Unfortunately the Rosin, while good, was not terpy enough for what I wanted. I bet outdoors, the smells etc, will be much better.
I didn't want to throw a damper on anyone, but those were my impressions.
It really was a beautiful and trouble free grow..I hope you fare better with yours.

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

Sorry..I grew her indoors and she looked perfect..heavy trichs and fat buds, but TBH, the smoke was just ok, and after a 2 month cure, there was little improvement. Unfortunately the Rosin, while good, was not terpy enough for what I wanted. I bet outdoors, the smells etc, will be much better.
It really was a beautiful and trouble free grow..I hope you fare better with yours.
Thank u for the info @Buzzer777.

The Hippy

The Hippy

I've been using using it in my perpetual for 5-6 months now and really like it.
Friendly to multi strain grows imo. The most forgiving nutes I've ever used.
Veg and flower. I think if things fuck up..it's me....or some other factor...not the MC.
My flowers are as terpy as ever...better actually. I'm hard pressed to find anything wrong with it.....I sound so shillish. Sorry. Just want to be honest and help others save bucks and get better results. I was using Cyco last and H & G before that. MC kills them at insanely less money. How can ya not be happy right?
Why buy water?

The Hippy

The Hippy

Not to second guess your observation but maybe it just wasn't a great plant. If it was new to you...who knows. If not...i'm wrong and opps.
Really everything I have now I had before MC and it's all better now. I also raised my usual PH level to 6.2 or 6.3...that helped as well. Together those two made...BINGO...sweet results really.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I have been using it it in my last 3 runs. I am extremely happy with it. I also grew a pineapple Express plant with it , it came out frosty and big nugs. Tasted delicious. I now have a mother plant of it and grow it each run. I dont think you could go wrong using it.i make a few 5 gallon buckets of it up at a time to 700 ppm for flowering and my plants love it

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
It's a low phosphorus grow. You get good genotype expression. It does take longer to kick over to flower, so they take longer to finish. Good simplicity and price.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Not to second guess your observation but maybe it just wasn't a great plant. If it was new to you...who knows. If not...i'm wrong and opps.
Really everything I have now I had before MC and it's all better now. I also raised my usual PH level to 6.2 or 6.3...that helped as well. Together those two made...BINGO...sweet results really.
Unfortunately many reviews of PE say it's highly over rated. I have more seeds, but won't be growing her again..Too many others out there to grow. If PE2 was the funkier expression..I wouldn't want to grow the 1st one.

NHWhites

NHWhites

If you’re looking for a good pineapple strain, check out Green Bodhi. He has a straight Golden Pineapple and his Hazy Kush x Hazy Kush bc2 is a worked line towards pineapples. It’s super frosty and smells just like a freshly cut pineapple

The Hippy

The Hippy

It's a low phosphorus grow. You get good genotype expression. It does take longer to kick over to flower, so they take longer to finish. Good simplicity and price.
This is very interesting and I was wondering about this very thing. Can you elaborate on this at all. Thanks for this info. I'd like to know what you know .
What relationship has the phosphorus got to do with delayed flowering? Is Mega Crop low on phosphorus?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This is very interesting and I was wondering about this very thing. Can you elaborate on this at all. Thanks for this info. I'd like to know what you know .
What relationship has the phosphorus got to do with delayed flowering? Is Mega Crop low on phosphorus?
IMO, High Phosphorus makes for harsh product. My Megacrop(s) are in a lights out room (I have the original and new), so I can't read the labels for you.

The Hippy

The Hippy

IMO, High Phosphorus makes for harsh product. My Megacrop(s) are in a lights out room (I have the original and new), so I can't read the labels for you.
I've been using their P-K boost so adding some phosphorus actually. Tastes has been as has the burn.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I've been using their P-K boost so adding some phosphorus actually. Tastes has been as has the burn.
Sorry I don't understand, but I also use a PK boost with their Original Megacrop product (Ginormous, also too high in K imo, but my smoke is still nice and smooth.) I bought a gallon of the old Ginormous formula before they dropped the K a lot and raised the price..ALSO A LOT!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Seems pretty legit for the price if you don't want to buy everything. Even has silica. I honestly wouldn't see the need for anything else with it besides maybe more silica. Only reason I would be put off is the 100:1 concentration which wouldn't work for me for the price (which is expected from a 1 part)

Questions:

-Does it stay PH stable (talking a week on DTW rez)?

-What kind of EC/PPM do you see at 1g a gal? I know what the label says but label aren't always exactly what the concentrations are (I'm looking at you V&B). Seems legit to get some buddies on that dont want to go full ham on mixing but to get them off thier liquid/VB diet.

edit: their pk booster you can mix for half the price or less and buy the mag sulfate from a drug store

Last edited:
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

This is my first year running it. Always used advanced nutes in years past. Heard nothing but good things from the guys I know who do use it. No problems so far early in veg inside prepping for transplant outside. No deficiencies as of yet plants are little over month old taking half dose now, next wil be 3/4 dose and I'll probably keep them there unless the show signs of needing more which I doubt. Price is right to give it try plus there are a lot of positive feed back on the product on other sites I dug around on internet and there are full grow journals out there using only mega crop from start to finish.
I’m having trouble finding the journals you speak of. Could you do me a fave and post a link? Wanting to see the results of mega only

Latest posts

Top Bottom