Mega Pheno Hunting :)

• Thread starter SimplyCmplex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Firstly let me welcome, and thank anyone taking the time to take a look at my adventure. Questions, opinions, and experience welcomed.

I'm starting this thread a few minutes before superbowl kick off, just got done planting a handful of sprouted seeds. A few have a weeks headstart, while other seeds I'm currently awaiting to arrive in my possession.

The purpose of this hunt is to find a few good males, hopefully a couple exceptional ones and some special gals, for a bunch of personal projects I've wanted to run. Running at least 3 of each, no more than 5 of a specific strain. Strains are as followed....

Fruity pebbles og (cereal) x purplepunch

Triangle kush x purple punch
Foo fighter
Sinmint pie
Platinum delights
Ogkb x mendo breath
Tony Clifton
Chemper fi
Sunset sherbet
Blue sherbet
9lb hammer x blackberry
Sunset sherbet x dosidos
Slymer x kirkwood og
Slyme cookies
Candyland
Gelato #33
Frosted cherry cookies
Frosted headband
Cookie haze og
Kimbo
Grease monkey

Mega pheno hunting
Mega pheno hunting 2
Mega pheno hunting 3
Mega pheno hunting 4
Mega pheno hunting 5

Should be lots of fun..and lots of documentation. Space will probably become an issue at some point lol. Cheers!

B

Burned Haze

Wow all these genetics give me growers gasms of joy and happiness cause you def have a awesome list (in in :) )

Hope you find a keeper and a true unique pheno for ur male project ! I reallly hope this journal stays around :)

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Wow all these genetics give me growers gasms of joy and happiness cause you def have a awesome list (in in :) )

Hope you find a keeper and a true unique pheno for ur male project ! I reallly hope this journal stays around :)

Much appreciated, and thanks. I definitely plan on keeping this thread updated. I'm surrounded by alotta good folks such as yourself on here, I have no doubts this'll get interesting in a couple months. :)

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Hell yeah good look friend I hope you find many keepers I just did this 100 seeds down I ran into a hermie week 5 and it dusted most of the room but it was worth it I found a gold I just had to sift threw the mud

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Also be very vigilant with the platinum delight. I love sin city one of my favorite companies but the plants from seeds I've noticed have the tendency to harm on the lowers I would trash the seed mom and run the clones

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Hell yeah good look friend I hope you find many keepers I just did this 100 seeds down I ran into a hermie week 5 and it dusted most of the room but it was worth it I found a gold I just had to sift threw the mud

Thank you much. Did you share any of your adventure here? I have a few questions.

How long did you veg? I figured since I have so many, and space will quickly become an issue, that I would top once... grow em out till I can take at least 1 maybe 2 good clones each. Then flip em a week to 10 days later. Pretty much grow em straight upwards.

Every plant won't make it to flower, any super slow growers, abnormal growers, or any undesirable males I'll axe quickly.

Also be very vigilant with the platinum delight. I love sin city one of my favorite companies but the plants from seeds I've noticed have the tendency to harm on the lowers I would trash the seed mom and run the clones

Thank you for the heads up. With so many cookie crosses, I figured I am bound to run into some hermie issues. I'll definitely keep an eye on them now. Thanks for the tip.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I am fortunate enough to have a seperate test room I love indica so I begged till I felt the size was right . if I were you I wouldn't top is take clones and flip. You have to look at this crop as a test.the fewer branches the better the less you have to look through the better I missed a single male flower on the bottom of a plant . Shave them girls hard and inspect every day man. I have a thread called the krypt here I have apt of pics on Instagram gk303 is the handle.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
OK, nothing new really other than I planted the new additions. I chickened out and decided to hold onto Josh D. It's just too hard to replace it. So I switched it out with thc development's "whitey". It's the white x the white. Out of 5 only 2 cracked..bummer. The only strain I didn't get 100% germ rate. Anywho..View attachment 668728

Here's a quick snip of the originals I popped a week prior. The Mota Rebel "Pop" which is pineapple orange peel .....that translates to [C99 x tga's agent orange F2] ....was a freebie pack I tossed in for the hell of it. Ironically she's or he's the tallest and widest out the entire group. As you can see sunset sherbet x dosidos will be a thick, short bushy thing! Always exciting to be pleasantly surprised.View attachment 668729
Nice really watch the agent orange x as agent orange tends to pass the hermi trait the Cindy should negate that issue but just be super vigilante

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Nice really watch the agent orange x as agent orange tends to pass the hermi trait the Cindy should negate that issue but just be super vigilante

Much appreciated info, I will be giving everything the watchful eye. Might add maybe 2-3 more strains to the grow and call it quits...waiting for them to show up to the party. :)

..p.s. but then again there's a few strains of heat dropping shortly... I HAVE to HAVES...my.......
Gollum

Latest posts

Top Bottom