M'eh on my results of indoor growing. Thoughts anyone?

• Thread starter leafboho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leafboho

leafboho

Hi All,

New-ish grower. Currently running second indoor grow.

Have not had the best luck so far, as I believe I have been attending to the plants too much.

Details of Current Grow:

2x2x5.5 tent with additional space for seedlings 1x2 ;)

Running 2 lights side by side for 2 plants.

Light: 18/6
Light 1: King LED 1500 (low to mid range quality) Blurple
Light 2: Mars 400 LED

Medium: Soil (ProMix)

Nutes: General Hydroponics Micro, Grow, Bloom, Cal/Mag

Water as top inch of soil start to dry.
Add nutes after 30 days, once per week, 1/2 strength

PH: 6- 6.5

Pots 5 Gal Fabric

Seed 1: Black Gold Auto (@7 Weeks - Not looking Great) - I feel I have over trimmed her
Seed 2: Critical Mass (@ 5-6 Weeks - Not sure how she's doing) - Less Trimming - Not sure on health of leaves?

Seed 3: Chemdog (Sprouted and put straight to soil - today) - Under 2 CFL Phillips 6500 Daybright - and dome

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. :)

1DB7388A-B1FF-4493-AA3C-85EDCF7DE814.jpeg
08E783F1-B495-4F7D-ACC5-A39563017468.jpeg
9C01F150-F8FB-4DC1-B161-F1C21C731F40.jpeg

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Only thing I can think of is the ph of the humidifier water maybe too high or low and the leaves are soaking it up. Im using the same nutes and medium as you so I would like to hear advice from these guys as well incase I have similar issues

leafboho

leafboho

Only thing I can think of is the ph of the humidifier water maybe too high or low and the leaves are soaking it up. Im using the same nutes and medium as you so I would like to hear advice from these guys as well incase I have similar issues
I have not been Ph ing my humidifier water. Tap water is around 7.5 atm :\ Could be something to this :)

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

You definitely have some deficiencies - Could be from PH issues - I'm not a soil grower though so I can't give you much advice here but that's not due to VPD at all, this is due to some sort of nutrient issues.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i don’t see any major issues, things look good.. maybe a bit hungry but don’t overwater, get used to lifting pots up feeling the weight, dry to the finger down is not a good way., if using that way than wait one more day to water..

leafboho

leafboho

i don’t see any major issues, things look good.. maybe a bit hungry but don’t overwater, get used to lifting pots up feeling the weight, dry to the finger down is not a good way., if using that way than wait one more day to water..
Ok great. I will be patient. And let things balance out a bit. Thank you for the assistance. Much appreciated!

leafboho

leafboho

You definitely have some deficiencies - Could be from PH issues - I'm not a soil grower though so I can't give you much advice here but that's not due to VPD at all, this is due to some sort of nutrient issues.
The PH has been a bit up and down. Though not out of healthy range, I know keeping the PH steady is best practice.

leafboho

leafboho

Right you are on the weight over finger method. Feels on top like the plant is not in need of water, but the weight says otherwise. Also, a little feeding won't hurt. As mentioned, they do seem hungry - thanks again!

JerrodDignan

JerrodDignan

Could be from PH issues - I'm not a dirt cultivator however so I can't offer you much guidance here yet that is not because of VPD by any stretch of the imagination, this is because of some kind of supplement issues.

leafboho

leafboho

Could be from PH issues - I'm not a dirt cultivator however so I can't offer you much guidance here yet that is not because of VPD by any stretch of the imagination, this is because of some kind of supplement issues.
Thanks @JerrodDignan - I've pulled back the nutes from one plant, while increasing in the other, as well as watering better, and kept the PH held nicely.... the girls are reacting very well.

Thanks ALL! :)

leafboho

leafboho

One more issue discovered and fixed. My water is apparently pretty heavy. The dust filter around the carbon filter, on the exhaust fan, was clogged....white chalky powder. Turns out since the humidifier in the tent was cranking out tap water it clogged the filter within 2 months. The fan is now clearing air at a great rate, as it should be :)

Top Bottom