Mekong high & allkush in coco 2nd grow

• Thread starter BigJer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BigJer

This is my second grow since September of 2010. Since then, I have done tons of research and collected lots of great ideas.
My goal is to produce 2 pounds of AAA buds with 2 seeds, Allkush & Mekong High, in 100% coco with 600W light.

Day 5 in seedling, Temp. 85, Humidity 85, 300 ppm, 5.85 ph.
I'm using Canna CoCo 100%, Canna A+B, Canna Rhizotonic ,Piranha and Roots Exceletor with 3x2Ts lights total of 60W and a mini humidifier. The mini humidifier is really cool it blows light fog over the seedlings. After 3-4 days I will be moving the lill ladies under Cool Deluxe 600W light.

Any comments are appreciated, I am here to share and learn.
Thanks for stopping by.:)

Mekong high  allkush in coco 2nd grow
Mekong high  allkush in coco 2nd grow 2
Mekong high  allkush in coco 2nd grow 3
Mekong high  allkush in coco 2nd grow 4
johnursery

johnursery

thats 2 strains ive considered myself, looking forward to seeing your grow...peace

B

BigJer

Day #10

Couple of days ago one of my T2s fell over Mekong High, the one that looks like a grape leave and burnt some of the leaves. However after 2 days it looks much better now. Never use tapes to secure your T2s. My first mistake, LOL.
I moved my little ladies to 600W light today. 420 PPM - 5.80 ph.
I order 2 smart pots and I should have them by next week. This is my first grow in smart pot with straight coco. Co2 will be added in 2 days.
Peace

2 8 11
2 08 11
02 8 11
B

BigJer

update

Here're some pictures from today. I've changed the lighting to 20/4.
440 ppm - 5.75 ph.
Mekong High which is 75% sativa, first test to find out how much shit comes out after I feed them. For Mekong High it drained out at 404 ppm with 5.75 ph. For Allkush it drained out at 440 with 5.75 ph. Both plants look healthy, no signs of stress or anything to be concern of. I'm adding CO2 at 750 ppm. My next post will be in 3 days.
Later

02 11 2011
2 11 11A
B

BigJer

Allkush & mekong high

Here're some new pictures. I transplanted two baby plants in 1 gallon smart pot with 100% Canna CoCo and they love it!
Plants are doing great current ppm 490 - ph 5.75.
CO2 is added yesterday.:)
Peace

2 14 2011
2 14 11
02 14 11
B

BigJer

I lost day counts

I write when I'm really stoned and I have ADD on top, go figure. i need some advice.
Over all I think the plants are doing good but I have noticed on some leafs have some spots or lighter green. I'm currently feeding coco A+b, Rhizotonic, Piranha, Roots Excel cannazym, any thing I should use? PPm is 498 - ph increased it from 5.75 to 5.90. CO2 PPM 725.
I water 4 cups everyday away from the stem. I get a good run off!
Inside temp. 85 and humidity is 50-60. and lastly light are 20/4.
Any suggestion, changes, tweaks are welcomed.
Thanks
I need to roll another one.
Peace

IMG 0224
IMG 0225
IMG 0223
B

BigJer

Now the next pictures are the overall condition of the AllKush and Mekong High.

P.S. Currently the plants are getting 3,437.50 leums, should I increase it. What's the optimum leums for two plant in vegetative stage?

IMG 0219
IMG 0220
IMG 0222
IMG 0221

3Cz

Hi,

I'd back off feeding as often as you are. I had some plants look like yours and found out that was my problem. I read that a good rule of thumb for feeding is when the pots are at 50% of their wet weight. More than that will cause what your plants are looking like. good luck.

Regards,
3Cz

B

BigJer

Thank you for your advise. I will try it.
The reason I'm watering once a day it's because I'm using 1 gallon smart pots so I don't worry for over watering. I also have a fan blowing towards the bottom of my bathtub, and those roots are getting a good aeration. I check the flush out for Allkush frequently and it's about 48 ppm less then before feeding. For Mekong High, 68 ppm with same 5.75 ph. And I'm also using CO2 at 825 ppm. So I like to try one more thing before I reduce my watering. My goal is to get these ladies build a strong root system. I'm going to adjust my Nuts by adding a few MLs of Canna A+B to up my Nuts to 525 ppm and see how they will react tomorrow. Lights turn on at 10:00 PM, my time, LOL. I feed one hour after the lights get turned on. I will post some pictures in the next 2 hours.

Peace

O

ogk1ng

bro dont get so tech with you're lumen gun. first drop that. only really tech shit you need is ppm/ph meter. next stop watering you're plants so often they look so sad bro. they look healthy so as far as i can tell you're just over watering. if you're running flours get those bitchs as close to the light as you can (not touching the bulb, it shouldnt burn you're plants but just to be safe on you're side)

how you're supposed to water is fully soak the medium slowly tell you get 10% run off then in a few days (if there eating fast you might have to water more often but you're plants are still small) pick them up they should feel "light" like oh shit i should water these. you kinda wanna catch them as they are starting to droop, but you dont have to get hella tech with it. you will get the feel for you're plants then you will start to see them drinking eating more as they grow and feed accordingly

O

ogk1ng

lol btw you will never hit 2 with a 600. only 2% of growers can hit hit a gram per watt, and that in its self isnt even 1.5. if this is you're first run expect 5-12oz just shoot under not over. if you hit a lb with a 600 for you're first time you did good. its all about conopy man.

edit lol i just read you're other post lol
it doesnt matter if you have a fan "blowing" at the bottom of the pots lol. it's all about DO (disolved oxyen) in you're medium. when you over water there is to much water to air ratio in the medium, so you're fans doing nothing. have that bitch blowing on you're plants get the steams stong and ready for flowers.

B

BigJer

Hey thanks ogk1ng. I will cut the watering down to 48 hours and lets see what will happen. However, after 24 hours the pot are kinda light. So what that means? but I will try it. As for your comment about I can't hit 2 LB, you are right but I will hit at least 1.5 lb. My last grow with 1 plant I got 8 oz.
But here're some pictures from this morning. I increased the A+B by 50 ppm.

Peace

IMG 0235
IMG 0233
IMG 0232
IMG 0231
B

BigJer

After smoking a nice dank. I have to say my two farmer friends are right about too much watering. I adjusted my fans and more air is blowing to plants and I have my bitches 2.5" from my light. and I changed the timer to 18/6. Thanks for the tip.
Puff Puff

O

ogk1ng

yup, anytime. why did you put them on 18/6? i keep mine 24/7 (more growth)

also by the looks of you're picture that one plant doesnt have anywhere close to a hp on it. bud did come out looking nice tho so nice job on that.

B

BigJer

Mekong high

Here're some pictures of Mekong High (sativa). There are some yellow spots on the leafs. Any thoughts what could be? Both plants were fed same amount of nuts.

IMG 0305
IMG 0306
IMG 0307
B

BigJer

Update

The last feeding the ppm was 600 and ph 5.75. for my next watering I will up the ph to 5.95. Next week they will go in 3 gallon smart pots and then let them grow.

IMG 0309
Top Bottom