Member Classifieds

• Thread starter smokestack23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Hey,

This site could really use a members' classifieds section/forum.

I build guitar amps and hand at several amp building forums. They usually have a forum where members can post items for sale or trade or wanted to buy or trade. There is usually also a business classified section where retailers can list items (normally only after paying a small fee, becoming a paid member, or purchasing advertising/banners on the site's page. Kinda like the "EVERYONE DOES IT" banner I'm looking at at the top of this page as I type.

I think it would be great in instances like..for example...I was looking for a light mover and I KNOW several members have them but no longer use them. It would have been nice to be able to post in the members' classifieds forum "WTB used light tracker/circle". I could have scored one cheap and another member could have made some extra space in the garage. Instead I found one on Kijiji for $60.

So...how about it mods?

L

Lost

Its a site of people that grow MJ. Its a huge security risk. I think its a bad idea...

B

Bluberry

Sounds like a great idea - you only buy or sell if you are willing to take the risk, and Logic could allow suppliers to post SPECIAL offers for all of us?

S

smokestack23

yeah. I don't see much more "risk" than buying or selling on kijiji, craigslist, eBay...
There are always simple (necessary) precautions you can take..like..not getting stuff shipped to your show's address and if selling, not putting a a dangerous return address on it.
If you're a legal mmj grower all you have to worry about is thieves I guess and you aren't NORMALLY dealing with people in the same town/city/state/province/country so it's not like you're gonna get burned every time you buy or sell something.

I'm not sure if there are more "dangers" that I'm forgetting but just like EVERYTHING, if you're careful you can eliminate most problems.

I buy and sell items online all the time. I make and save HUGE dollars by doing it.

Either way..doesn't really matter to me. Like I said, I buy and sell stuff online daily so I'm already getting the best deals I can find...in the WORLD. I just think that, for the most part, this kind of thing would help us in this "community".

PEACE!

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

That's why I wouldn't:lock: sell on any of them. Having a friend buy something is the way I do it. I'm to paranoid and the little extra cash ain't worth it to me. Any used equipment I have has already more than paid for itself. I don't see why some other people wouldn't do it, just not for me.

The Joker

The Joker

It is a dumb idea. You have grow threads showing your grow , then give your addy to a stranger. On ebay , you don't advertise that you grow weed. Craigslist is full of scams. I bought a used surfboard and some scaffold, but that's it. Only things I can inspect before I buy.

Some prominent people on this site and others have gone down hard by being shockingly loose with personal information. Seen as victims by most, volunteers by those in the know.

You have no idea whether the person you are dealing with is a cool person or complete loser you would never associate with in real life. Many of us had a shock with a highly esteemed member who had all our personal info who turned out to be a piece of shit.
The internet is where people come to pretend to be the person they wish they were.

I would rather pay full price than volunteer to have problems to get a discount.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m game! For rent by the hour or the day Two for one special this week only. If intrested post your real name ,number,and address in the form marked below.

2tonsofcrack
S

smokestack23

wellll hhaaaalrighty then.

I guess I'm overly trusting. Maybe that's a Canadian thing?

B

Bluberry

I guess I agree - to an extent - the internet is a hive for retarded, filthy, mean, criminals, but so is the world. All in all there are more good people than bad. That being said, if honest, I feel weird purchasing anything to do with smoking off the net, so perhaps others will feel the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom