• Thread starter SunGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SunGrown

SunGrown

Read the article at this link or the entire is below:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/home/2503582-181/mendocino-pot-eradication-creates-a

"Tales of mysterious men in black or camouflage dropping from helicopters into legal marijuana gardens, cutting the plants, then disappearing with nary a word to the growers, have been spreading fear among Mendocino County pot cultivators.

Many believe the intruders are private, paramilitary security officers conducting vigilante anti-pot operations, but the real story likely is less intriguing, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office.

The County of Mendocino Marijuana Eradication Team (COMMET) has been conducting operations in the same Laytonville area — near Woodman Creek — where the mystery men have been reported, and likely is the source of the rumors, sheriff’s officials said. Sheriff’s deputies have been using a private helicopter service that would not be immediately recognizable as working with law enforcement, officials said.

Sheriff Tom Allman said he would investigate the allegations further if any victims come forward with evidence. So far, he’s been provided only secondhand information from about 10 people, he said.

“I don’t know if it’s true or it’s an urban legend. I’m certainly trying to find out the truth,” Allman said.

Sheriff’s Capt. Greg Van Patten said his department has conducted pot raids in the Woodman Creek area since late July.

They were initiated by reports that marijuana growers in the area were draining the creek to water their crops, a problem that has been sharpened by the drought and has been widely reported in Mendocino and Humboldt counties.

COMMET officers on July 23 eradicated 2,630 plants from no less than 15 sites, Van Patten said. All those gardens were out of compliance with the county’s medical marijuana regulations, he said.

The regulations include limiting the number of pot plants to a maximum of 25 per parcel and requiring medical recommendations. Some of the gardens were being grown on federal property overseen by the Bureau of Land Management, which is illegal, Van Patten said. One of the gardens had been eradicated multiple times before, he said.

On Aug. 4, COMMET and officers from the Ukiah Police Department and the Mendocino County Probation Department served a warrant at the end of Woodman Creek at the Eel River.

They found and eradicated almost 2,500 plants from up to 10 sites, Van Patten said. Those gardens also were out of compliance with the county’s pot rules, he said.

People who have contacted The Press Democrat about stealth pot-cutting operations said it’s suspicious that pot plants were cut and then left behind, but Allman said that’s common this time of year, prior to the plants’ development of buds, the valuable part.

“It’s of no value” before then, he said.

Only one person directly affected by the operations was willing to be interviewed, and only on condition of anonymity. The people providing secondhand reports also did not want to be identified, saying they feared retaliation.

The eyewitness said he was legally growing 13 plants in the Eel River canyon that were cut down Wednesday by men in black who were lowered by rope from a helicopter. He said he was on his way out and did not stay to see who they were.

Neither COMMET officers nor the people who work for the private security company that has been blamed for the raids wear black.

The owner of the security company, Lear Asset Management, said he’s dismayed by the accusations.

The company does marijuana garden cleanups and eradication operations on private property, but only at the request of the property owners, Paul Trouette said.

“It’s absolutely, definitely not us,” he said.

You can reach Staff Writer Glenda Anderson at 462-6473 or [email protected]."

SpiderK

SpiderK

each site averaged 175 plants ..... & i bet they were big. water hog's ....

expect more of the same if the rains stay away. vegas is in big trouble ....

SunGrown

SunGrown

no, a lot of the ones cut down by the private contractor teams are gardens with a dozen or two plants. Plus usually if you only have a hundred or so they leave you alone anyway.

This article is about the private contractors (or whoever it is doing it), dropping in and cutting down very small legit gardens.

SpiderK

SpiderK

COMMET officers on July 23 eradicated 2,630 plants from no less than 15 sites, Van Patten said. All those gardens were out of compliance with the county’s medical marijuana regulations, he said.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Just saying, monster plants gulping down water will be fucked with as the rains & water diminish .... each one takes down how many gallons per day ?

Az. depends on colorado and they are worried in that state about the water issues .... figure they will fuck with canna farmers before wheat or corn ect ....

SunGrown

SunGrown

Just saying, monster plants gulping down water will be fucked with as the rains & water diminish .... each one takes down how many gallons per day ?

Az. depends on colorado and they are worried in that state about the water issues .... figure they will fuck with canna farmers before wheat or corn ect ....
I agree, and yes they do cut down a lot of plants and a lot arent in compliance.

Around here, myself included, most plants get less than ten gal a day. I am at 6 gallon per each on my biggest right now, and those are in the 8 to ten foot round and tall size.

Yeah, now around here they are sending in folks from the water board with the sheriffs. A lot of guys are draining from creeks, and even if you have water rights I don't know how you can consciously take water from the creeks.

It should be a requirement to have rain water collection in place during the winter months. But then they will get on you for digging ponds as well sometimes...go figure

this drought is a HUGE deal, I concur!

SunGrown

SunGrown

the reason I wanted to share the article more than any other reason was for the fact that someone is now paying private military style contractors to drop in and cut down gardens on private land.

That is wrong no matter what IMO.

derelict

derelict

that's a drastic approach and certainly not the cheapest way of going about it.

SunGrown

SunGrown

ya nobody should be able to come onto your property .... thats bullshit, but those rights are long gone. after 9/11 the constitution was placed into the a dumpster
yeah, no shit

Used to be a fence, a shut gate on your driveway, and some no trespass signs all meant something

Now the guys on ropes are dropping on private land!

I am used to the guys on ropes and heli's, we see them almost daily sometimes, but they used to only go onto national forest land to cut guerrilla

Now private land!

Tuku

Tuku

That is really disturbing. Are they just cutting and leaving the plants, or taking them?

SunGrown

SunGrown

That is really disturbing. Are they just cutting and leaving the plants, or taking them?
seriously disturbing if true, and I believe it is. From what I gather it seems like they are cutting them and leaving them and then roping back out.

Tuku

Tuku

Whoever they are they have money to burn then. Flying around in a helicopter isn't exactly an affordable pastime.

SunGrown

SunGrown

it is likely being funded by that melinda haag bitch in sacramento, us attorney that hates the herb

Tuku

Tuku

My thoughts too Fishwhistle. If someone was to actually catch them in the act, guaranteed they would be shooting on sight. I'm just not not I believe it at this point...

SunGrown

SunGrown

this was a comment from a guy in the area :

You know what? I sure some of you don't care, but a lot of these growers were in full compliance. They came in, tore up recommendations and continued to cut down plants. They ran a man on a quad, who was sitting with his hands up, off the side of a very steep hill. These guys are cowboys and jackasses. Does Sheriff Allman know they are doing this in his name?

If you read thru the comments on that article quite a few people have commented stuff worth reading

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I was in Brook trails last week and a guy talked about this. Pretty fucked up and I'm sure if they're caught they're fucked

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Thats fucking strange that someone would go about doing things that way.

SunGrown

SunGrown

the hills are only getting stranger. And not even just stuff as crazy as this. I mean with no one knowing what the next regulation might be, zoning, water, grading ordinances, fish and game...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom