Messed Up And Could Use Some Advice About Photos.

• Thread starter geori
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geori

geori

I am a bit embarrassed, but have to confess was not paying attention to the description for Positronics Somango #47 Feminised.

My mistake was thinking they were autos when I ordered them when in fact they are feminised photos. I can't explain how.. :drunk:

I have had these on the same nutes and 19/5 light schedule as the five blackberry autos mixed in this same grow. These Somangos are going on seven weeks old. Has the 19/5 light schedule hurt these photos ?

The description suggests they should be on 12/12 from start to finish. Can I simply start them on a 12/12 now by maybe removing them from the tent for 12 hours and place them in a dark area ?

Junk

Junk

You are fine. You can keep it in veg indefinitely if you want.

What they are saying is if you want to grow like this you can...
User22515 pic813271 1325800941

Go direct from seed to flower.

However, you do look like you have some feeding issues. Can you test your soil PH & NPK levels?

geori

geori

However, you do look like you have some feeding issues. Can you test your soil PH & NPK levels?

Will they stay in veg if I just leave them under the same 19/5 as the autos that are in the tent for the next six weeks or so until the autos are finished, then switch them to 12/12 ? That would sure be a quick fix..

Then on the other hand, need to figure out if it will be worth spending how ever many months it takes before can harvest the photos, in comparison to just tossing them and growing a couple of eight plant auto grows in the same amount of time and energy..

As for testing the PH.. Apparently my fairly new PH meter needs to be calibrated as it is stuck on "1". I guess there is a way to calibrate it, but when I try to adjust the set screw on the back, nothing changes. Or maybe need a new meter already ?? I was not worried much about the PH as every time I check my well water is has always been right at about 7. And since autos in Foxfarm does not really require checking the PH did not really worry about it.

I guess can purchase a home NPK kit, but do not have one right now.

Gosh, am I going to have to purchase a whole other group of nutes for these also ??

Last edited:
cocoJoe

cocoJoe

As for testing the PH.. Apparently my fairly new PH meter needs to be calibrated as it is stuck on "1". I guess there is a way to calibrate it, but when I try to adjust the set screw on the back, nothing changes. Or maybe need a new meter already ??
Check the batteries!!

Peace

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

you can veg her out indefinatly on 19/5 no worries, just let your autos finish and then flip to 12/12. as for the nutes you will definatly want stronger dosage then with the autos to take full advantage of the plant. if youve been feeding it at 1/2 strenght for the last lil bit bump it up to 3/4 and then to full strenght when you feel she can take it

geori

geori

you can veg her out indefinatly on 19/5 no worries, just let your autos finish and then flip to 12/12. as for the nutes you will definatly want stronger dosage then with the autos to take full advantage of the plant. if youve been feeding it at 1/2 strenght for the last lil bit bump it up to 3/4 and then to full strenght when you feel she can take it

Well this is a big relief ! I am going to sign off for a bit, but will come back to talk a little more about the nutes..

Big thank you and starting to feel a little better :)

Junk

Junk

Will they stay in veg if I just leave them under the same 19/5 as the autos that are in the tent for the next six weeks or so until the autos are finished, then switch them to 12/12 ? That would sure be a quick fix..

Yes. You are all set.

Then on the other hand, need to figure out if it will be worth spending how ever many months it takes before can harvest the photos, in comparison to just tossing them and growing a couple of eight plant auto grows in the same amount of time and energy..
In my opinion, I prefer photos, but to each his own.

As for testing the PH.. Apparently my fairly new PH meter needs to be calibrated as it is stuck on "1". I guess there is a way to calibrate it, but when I try to adjust the set screw on the back, nothing changes. Or maybe need a new meter already ?? I was not worried much about the PH as every time I check my well water is has always been right at about 7. And since autos in Foxfarm does not really require checking the PH did not really worry about it.
Overall the plant looks good. But there are some minor nutrient issues present.

I guess can purchase a home NPK kit, but do not have one right now.
It's a good thing to have. $20 & you can test all your levels & soil PH.

Gosh, am I going to have to purchase a whole other group of nutes for these also ??

No, I think you just need to adjust what you are giving it currently. Someone else may know, but without knowing the soil PH or NPK levels, I can't tell you what to adjust with any certainty.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

What they are saying is if you want to grow like this you can...
View attachment 554355

Go direct from seed to flower.

That's awsome how short you kept those, what size were they when flipped?

geori

geori

Overall the plant looks good. But there are some minor nutrient issues present.

It's a good thing to have. $20 & you can test all your levels & soil PH.

No, I think you just need to adjust what you are giving it currently. Someone else may know, but without knowing the soil PH or NPK levels, I can't tell you what to adjust with any certainty.

With Christmas just around the corner, every penny counts.. I will try to spend the money for the NPK test kit, but wonder if you or someone else following along might make a suggestion as to what might be an all around safe nute schedule while keeping these in veg for the next six weeks or so ?

For the past five weeks ( while thinking these were autos ) of their seven week life, have been giving :

6 ml Root Stimulator per gal

12 ml Fox Farm Grow Big 3-2-6 per gal
The bottle suggests 2 tsp per gal for recirculating system, or 3 tsp heavy feeding, or 1/2 tsp supplemental foliar feeding.

10 ml Fox Farm Big Bloom 01-.3-.7 per gal
The bottle says four tablespoons per gal for general feeding

Until I can spend the money for the NPK kit, would someone like to suggest simple/safe but healthy dose amounts while keeping these in veg for the next 4 weeks or so ?

Another question..

Herbies tells of a 65 to 68 day harvest for these photos.. Not sure what that means to me if I do not flip them for another 6 weeks. That six weeks plus the 7 weeks they have already been in veg, placed them at about 100 days old when I flip to 12/12. Guess I am trying to figure out if that 65 to 68 days means anything at all, and how many days I might expect until harvesting after they start to flower ?

And last question

How long are these ok in the three gallon pots before need to transplant into something larger ?

Somango

Big thank you for yours and everyone else's help that replied here !

Last edited:
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Yes the 65 to 68 days is the average time for flower with optimal conditions, that doesnt mean it won't be ready sooner or later than that.
You can flip to 12/12 whenever you are able, just remember that it is going to stretch when you flip so you might want to supercrop if you are tight on space.

Top Bottom