Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Those r some ugly ass bugs.. Great close ups

Thanks bro! I'll be getting lots more of these close ups for my upcoming report on Lettuce Root Aphids or
Pemphigus bursarius.

I'd also be more than happy to present that report on here if the information is wanted...

Venom818

Venom818

met 52 did nothing for me i saw the adults dancing on the fungus LOL,merit 75 knocked those bitches back

E

ECOutlaw

I didn't get that good of control from the met52. I think with the met52 you really need good control before you introduce it or the bugs just thrive in spite of it. I'm no scientist but I believe MET52 is a single mode pesticide and since the root aphids have so many life cycles it cannot kill them completely. After time resistance is built up and then they are fucking dancing in the shit...

Anyway my recent MET52 crop produced 9lbs from 5 lights. 5 of those lbs were the worst weed I've ever grown. I'm on east coast and had to drop my price to 3400$ from $4800 due to all the Cali going for $3600 that tastes better and smokes better than the root infested sour diesel I grew. The other 4lbs was the best kush I ever grew and fetched market price for AAA(28% oil return!) ... So did the shit work???!!! Grew the best and worst weed of my career with only using MET52...

Anyhow my mothers that were treated with met52 eventually got really really bad reinfestation. My current crop that I planted before I realised the MET52 didnt work is showing aphid damage with MET52 added. So I now I had to go rent a apartment to keep clean newly sourced genetics at in case shit goes sour at my current spot... Anyway I did some 20 min soaks with Merit and Orthene (not at the same time) in veg. I've ordered Botanigard, caps packs, and evergreen for flower. Im also thinking of ordering a stereo microscope for identification cuz Ive only witnessed one crawler in the whole battle and it was so fucking small I'm not even sure I have aphids and not soil mites. Only thing convincing me of aphids is the snowflakes on the soil confirming that I have bad root aphids I can barely fucking see with a 30x magnification. Can anyone tell I'm stressed out lol!

One last piece of info in case anyone cares. My whole crew except for one dude has these right now. We traced the source of the infestation to one bag of happy frog soil purchased in the northeast last February or March. The one grower who doesnt have them had a falling out (arguement) over not doing his fair share of trimming lol and we kept our distance from him till just recently when we came to him asking to see whether he was infested as well. Thank god that dude was selfish as we would be shit out of luck on our genetics at this point. Hope maybe that helps someone as this shit is out of control...

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I didn't get that good of control from the met52. I think with the met52 you really need good control before you introduce it or the bugs just thrive in spite of it. I'm no scientist but I believe MET52 is a single mode pesticide and since the root aphids have so many life cycles it cannot kill them completely. After time resistance is built up and then they are fucking dancing in the shit...

Anyway my recent MET52 crop produced 9lbs from 5 lights. 5 of those lbs were the worst weed I've ever grown. I'm on east coast and had to drop my price to 3400$ from $4800 due to all the Cali going for $3600 that tastes better and smokes better than the root infested sour diesel I grew. The other 4lbs was the best kush I ever grew and fetched market price for AAA(28% oil return!) ... So did the shit work???!!! Grew the best and worst weed of my career with only using MET52...

Anyhow my mothers that were treated with met52 eventually got really really bad reinfestation. My current crop that I planted before I realised the MET52 didnt work is showing aphid damage with MET52 added. So I now I had to go rent a apartment to keep clean newly sourced genetics at in case shit goes sour at my current spot... Anyway I did some 20 min soaks with Merit and Orthene (not at the same time) in veg. I've ordered Botanigard, caps packs, and evergreen for flower. Im also thinking of ordering a stereo microscope for identification cuz Ive only witnessed one crawler in the whole battle and it was so fucking small I'm not even sure I have aphids and not soil mites. Only thing convincing me of aphids is the snowflakes on the soil confirming that I have bad root aphids I can barely fucking see with a 30x magnification. Can anyone tell I'm stressed out lol!

One last piece of info in case anyone cares. My whole crew except for one dude has these right now. We traced the source of the infestation to one bag of happy frog soil purchased in the northeast last February or March. The one grower who doesnt have them had a falling out (arguement) over not doing his fair share of trimming lol and we kept our distance from him till just recently when we came to him asking to see whether he was infested as well. Thank god that dude was selfish as we would be shit out of luck on our genetics at this point. Hope maybe that helps someone as this shit is out of control...

Good luck with ur battle.. It sounds like ur gunna beat these Lil fuckers..

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

I have my first observable results while using met 52: I've still got the pest (be is a true aphid or phylloxera). In my flower room I see wilting and nutrient defiency so I assume they are attacking the roots to some extent. However I have only been able to find one crawler among all the plants. What I see is a great proliferation of flyers, much more than I have seen before. I consider this good news, we can get those pests into the air where they can be killed with pyganic or azamax.

Also, I'm still observing what look like clear crystals in the soil. These seem to be associated with the pest. Has anyone else observed this?

Onespark

Onespark

Wow you have all been busy while I was gone. I was hoping RA's went extinct. Darn it. Just tons of posts and information to read to catch up. Anyway, anybody trying hot water dips? Something like...

1. hit them with a pyrethroid
2. set the root ball in 130 degree water for five minutes
3. transplant with Met 52

I swear this works but as usual I am curious as to what ya'll are experiencing. Everybody knocking them out with one dose of Merit must be fighting something different than the folks in CO and even CA I have been talking to. Ours did the happy dance in IMID as Met ate holes in them. Did talk to one amigo in CA that reported a re-infestation into Met treated plants after 4 months or something recently. I was thinking that Novo only packages Met once a year. The new 2 LB bags were just packaged in February. I thought the bag may have been sitting around exposed to air or heat during the past half a year since he opened it and died off.

ID is key like Res and AM and others have mentioned. We all need to try and make sure we are talking about the same things here. I would love to see ECO and Venom's bugs because they may or may not be what I call phylloxera. Plus the dang things are evolving and adapting constantly.

So it seems Met 52 stops RA's for some, slows them down for some, works well as part of a multi pronged attack for some, fail terribly for some, and even encourage others RA's to dance happy jigs. Looks like we still have a long way to go.

C

cctt

The ones I used to have also existed in leaf form - there would be galls of their various leaf stages all over the fans. This did very little damage to the plant until they changed to root form, then were devastating. For this reason I believed they may be actual phylloxera although I cannot know for sure.

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

Very interesting. I haven't observed any leaf galls but that is a classic phylloxera thing to do. I assumed they couldn't form galls on marijuana but I guess I was wrong. I need to get an inset expert to ID it.

E

ECOutlaw

Still battling the root aphids. I've finally been able to find a flier and have pictures that I will post. MET52 I've confirmed to not work at all on my root aphids. Merit75 and Kontos saved my partners last crop. We used MET52 at 4g/gallon and when the plants were around 2 weeks I noticed the signs of infestation (slow growth, mutated leaves ( leaves that only produce three fingers) and some white snowflakes that I almost mistook for MET52 fungas but when seen under magnifacation there was no rice there) and held off going to flower. We then applied Merit 75 and followed up with 2 kontos applications before going to flower. Harvested his crop two days ago and the quality was pretty fucking good. Nothing crazy but we were getting lots of scissor hash and hopefully yeilds around .75g/watt (time will tell on yield).

Previous to using Merit and Kontos, both my partner and I used MET52 at 2-3grams/gallon for a whole grow. Both our spots were messed up pretty bad by week 5. Yeild and quality of affected plants was noticeably bad and dried product hurt our reputations. I usually get 2lbs per light or whatever and had been growing 6 years with little problems. Every lb I've sold since 2006 fetched $4gs+. Huge blow to ego to have to beg for someone to buy your weed. lol Sorry if this sounds like a sob story but I gotta vent.

So moving forward it looks like I have two options. Move to new spot and set up everything from scratch or continually apply pesticides to my product. I've spent so much time trying to figure this out that it seems like I better just get the fuck out of this grow. Recently I took clones, killed everything. House had only clones and went to work cleaning. Got a storage unit for all my equipment, only things left in the grow room are things I HAVE to have to keep my moms alive. Cleaned and sprayed triazicide over my whole grow, dunked clones in kontos. Then I potted into soil with evergreen and met52. Then I dunked into merit 75 when in 4x4 pots, then dunked in kontos a few days later. I figured I had to have gotten them by doing all that so I let them grow for a couple weeks with no pesticides or anything. I went into the grow the other morning after I showered and was looking at everything which was growing pretty normally and quickly. I was pretty pleased and confident. Left the grow and went to wash my hands. Looked down and saw something on my shirt and low and behold it was a root aphid flier. The first one I'd seen EVER. Totally shocked me. 8 months of battle. I've battled spidermites and thrips but this is something else. I've spents thousands on pesticides and hundreds of hours researching and cleaning and dunking. Quality of life over here has gone down drastically. It seems I can control these things with pesticides and get OK harvest as evidence of my buddies recent harvest but it weighs heavy on my conscience.

Frame2
Frame3
Frame4

This is the first flier I've found in 8 months. Other aphid sighting (micro crawler) was over 2 months ago. These things are hard to find and spot. I spent hours looking at dirt with a hand loop to only see one crawl super fast out of view before I could snap a photo or video.

Just wanted to share. Peace

Danoid

Danoid

ECOutlaw what really change my battle with these little bastards was hygrozyme after treatments with pesticide dunks. Alot of people blow the product off as hype/uneeded but it really change how my plants recovered. After the hygrozyme cleaned off the waxy shit from the aphids off I would use technoflora root stimulator. That put them back on track for a smooth finish. I do believe any enzyme product would work from what I have read but my expierence is only with hygrozyme and homemade lacto bascilluss. Good luck and don't let the bastards wear you down

E

ECOutlaw

Thanks Danoid.

I got all my old genetics backed up at another spot and have my house free of all plants. Ran a test yesterday with some space heaters. I was able to get my grow space to 130F surface temperature (air temps of 150F) for 4 hours. I'm gonna do this three more times over the next few weeks. I have a friend with a plant pathology degree from UGA who recommended this. Apparently it is used for bed bug eradication as well.

Gonna do a pheno search thru a bunch of OGraskal packs. Hopefully I wont get reinfested.

C

critical

is merit 75 not good to use then n why or not affective? and what about lady birds/bugs n there lavae? i thought they wer a good organic eradication for R A or mites?

C

critical

Thanks Danoid.

I got all my old genetics backed up at another spot and have my house free of all plants. Ran a test yesterday with some space heaters. I was able to get my grow space to 130F surface temperature (air temps of 150F) for 4 hours. I'm gonna do this three more times over the next few weeks. I have a friend with a plant pathology degree from UGA who recommended this. Apparently it is used for bed bug eradication as well.

Gonna do a pheno search thru a bunch of OGraskal packs. Hopefully I wont get reinfested.
is that with your plants in there or wont they get scorched by them temps dude? willin to try if doable without stress or loss of plant completly

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
So i wanted to comment on how hard it is to find/spot these fuckers. I jus confirmed i have RAs this round, the way i found them is ; i had a leaf floating on top of my drain bucket for my coco beds. When i went to drain my drain buckets, i looked at the leaf under a scope and saw several RAs. They were using the leaf as a life raft. Jus an fyi.
Confi...

E

ECOutlaw

So I'm root aphid free in all my rooms now. I still have my old genetics at an apartment I rented for them lol they are getting caps packs now and while they are looking shitty because of all the systemic pesticide treatments the roots are healthy. I cloned them a few times over the past three months and every time they got kontos dunks three times while in rapid rooters and then one dose of merit after there initial watering in one gallon bags. Transplanted them today and the roots look white. I'm gonna grow them out a bit more and then bring them back home.

I have a bunch of whites, wifi, wfa, far, fak, with some other seed packs I popped at my main grow that are looking so healthy! I havent seen plants this vigorous in a fucking year lol.

dankworth

dankworth

Yeah dude I ran the imidacloprid, backed up by Cap's foliar pack, nice to see what it does without RA damage.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

OK, so I've been reading this thread for awhile. I got 22lbs of Met 52 but because my ladies were already potted and in 12/12 for a couple weeks, I was told to lay a layer on top of the coco then cover that with a layer of coco to keep it dark and moist. Almost 2 weeks later, I'm seeing RAs goin nuts everywhere...no sign of control :( I even see the little bastards crawling around on the green rice grains! Also some of the grains have turned white...which looks like mold, or is that the RA secretions? I'm pissed! Dropped almost $600 on this shit and no results. Or did I screw up by layering it on top? Even so I would think the fungus spores would trickle down into the coco with the waterings..... :mad:

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Also, I have had some success using Go Gnats diluted at 2.5 oz per gallon, then sprayed on top of the media and all around the trays, bottom of the pots etc. This is basically just cedar oil. Smells great! And it NUKES the bastards, almost as fast as pyrethrum spray. I mean they just fall out of the air dead. It's a nice feeling.... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom