Meter readers, electricity companys: The danger of being reported?

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Hey guys, another question regarding not getting caught growing.

I live in a small town in Ireland and am wondering if the threat of the electricity company reporting me to the police for heavy electricity consumption or suspicious spikes in electricity is a real threat?

May not be an issue for my fist grow which will be a single 600w or maybe 2 400watts, but in future grows where I have multiple 600watts it would be an issue.

Also, if the meter reader pops round am I screwed?

Camdawg

Camdawg

With what you're planning to run I wouldn't worry too much. Are your meters the smart meters over there?

Mogrow

Mogrow

one of the reasons i run at nite is so meter reader doesn't see meter spinning like a runaway train. meter reader comes by every month. the smell is another factor:eek: just shoot me......

J

Jalisco Kid

Most of us here have no clue what goes on in Ireland, Most could not find it on the map for you. That is something you should research locally. People here is cali used to say they just installed a kiln or welders for the extra power. I had to get electrical permit for a bigger panel. I told them I wanted extra power for shop use. They gave me crap about 400a and the size of my house. I was so pissed I told them they give power to all the damn marijuana growers and I can not have a hobby. I told them I wanted to change my need to medical and they decided to install it with the original paper work. But that was in cali. JK

irishboiii

irishboiii

Would 1000w running during a meter inspection arouse suspicion?

Natural

Natural

I think the general rule of thumb is 1k per bedroom..so a 3 bedroom house could easily use 3 1k's of lighting. I wouldn't worry about the meter reader seeing usage with that small of a set-up.
Microwaves..space heaters...dryers...ovens..all of these range in the 1000's of watts.
Just don't be the only house in the neighborhood without snow on it.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Only house without snow, how would that happen? And how to prevent it?

Top Bottom