Mg Deficiency

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

How long does it take for a plant to get back to normal from a severe Mg deficiency

Mg  deficiency
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

How long does it take for a plant to get back to normal from a severe Mg deficiency
Eventhough your stems are purple and seem woody the leaves arent all that chlorotic. Petioles and stem seem like a mg deficiency. If your not in coco be careful that your not getting into a lockout situation. Because for the stems to be so shruby yet yer leaves arent as pale might be theyre getting mg just not accesing it. Idk ?

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Ph levels are great, it's getting good Mg feedings and I just started the overgrow foliar spray. The leaves gave started gettingetting back to there original green , but the main stem is still purple and just annoying the shit out of me. U mm I think it's able to access the Mg it was just so bad when I got the clones that it's taking forever to go get back to normal. Toooooo long.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hours to a couple of days, unless we're talking necrosis, which will never come back. The 'tell' for Mg- is to do a foliar application of something like Epsom salt. If it is a Mg- the plant will green back up within a few hours.

That said, I see nothing that indicates Mg- here. P- IMO.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

You sure. Look at the main stem. It's dark dark purple and smooth ! Not bark like texture at all and Green

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
what strain is it? also if you can look at the roots

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Tangerine kush. OK I'll do that before I water next time. What am I looking for. Root bound?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Brown roots means root rot or other root pr0blem, bright white roots are healthy.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Oh I knew that already. I don't over water at all, I wait till they are rather night in the pot before I water. Doing great on the notes, everything I think is perfect besides this ugly ass stem. Lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You sure. Look at the main stem. It's dark dark purple and smooth ! Not bark like texture at all and Green
Not 100%, but I really don't believe you have a Mg- going on at all. Try the foliar application, see if anything changes.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I noticed a lot of three and four lobed leaves... Are you sure she's getting enough light?

To tell you the truth you may be right on that, just put them under a 8 bulb t5 from hydrofarm. They ahhhh have doubled in size and the color is coming back in the main stems slowly. But you might be right on that. All they had for light last time was 2 t5's and like old ass garage lights t12's

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Epsom salt truly works in hours.and can't hurt. 1/4 teaspoon to a gal of ro water.works wonders. Your plants will green up in front of your eyes

I don't use RO water. Just a dechlorination and mineral filter. Still the same 1/4 tsp?

hermit186

hermit186

Remember when you look at the roots if the only ones that are rust red can be just having contact with the air in between watering. If more than the bottom 1/2 to 3/4 inch are rust red you have a root problem which I believe is your problem. Do a slurry test on some of the soil half way up the ball and it will be a different reading from just run off.
How old is the plant? Have you trimmed on it some strains that are not meant to SOG the extensive trimming to get the top of the plants right will cause a -P and then red stems. I also think it is stretched out usually more light.
YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT LOOK BETTER. The plant will recover but the stems and branches will stay red till you cut it. Your starting to chase your tail, stop and choose one and try but using everyone's ideas will let the tail win. That said if you foliar spray with Cal-mag there is a chance to get the mag out of balance but it doesn't look like that.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I looked at the roots, they are white and not bound up bad at all and the color is coming back to the stem starting from the bottom up..

20160512 201312

Latest posts

Top Bottom