Mi. Born And Bred Strains

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Motarebel

Motarebel

Would like to hear what your favorite strains were back in the day and if they're still around. The "Days" for me were the '80's thru the early '90's when outdoor smoke ruled and was easily had. We need to bring back these gems as they are hands down better than most so called elites.

rawman

rawman

Granny Panties.... Dumb name decent/good weed tho

*edit though didn't realize you wanted old school ones.... She was found in 05/06ish in the Rawsonville area, and floated its way to detroit around 07, and still floats around there's thc% tests of her on cannetics which i thought was funny

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Ive got a couple old school MI strains Izzy, stonk, purple spock, great lake lady, and sleeping bear. there all very low key underground strains. I know there was alot of shit banging down from the kootney's there for a bit most of that was import or "indoor" goodies based from the imports floating through van and toronto...some of it is great neon nugs others are just hairy old grandmas.......Lots of good stuff still kickin with all them heads up there.....just place yourself right and youll find all the gold there is ta get now.......

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

lungpunchers for sure! not luckenbach but lungpunchers none the less....

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Oh and Izzy and stonk were suppose to be from the same line called Lemmy if that helps anyone......

2DogWalker

Well my days were a while after yours, I know I got screwed over in that sense....late 90s era....the purps, sometimes some uber chronic ak47, the kevorkians, picconinig paralyzer, I've never tried garden city green but heard some good things....

Hopefully people like you (mota) bring these girls and some hybrids back into the mix of things

Motarebel

Motarebel

Well my days were a while after yours, I know I got screwed over in that sense....late 90s era....the purps, sometimes some uber chronic ak47, the kevorkians, picconinig paralyzer, I've never tried garden city green but heard some good things....

Hopefully people like you (mota) bring these girls and some hybrids back into the mix of things

I got someone sniffin out the paralyzer,hopefully soon on that. I used to get some called " Urine Tapper" grown in the U.P. and brought back down." Jimmy's Hawaiian" was a knockout lungbuster and "A.J." which was an Afghan x jimmy's Hawaiian was killer too minus the lung expansion. I seen a small amount of "MonkeyPaw" brought up from AA. Some killer "Durban" from the Allegan area came in each fall. Back then you couldn't get seeds unless you had some to trade in return. I didn't start growin untill '87 and was self taught so seeds didn't get made untill years later.

soserthc1

soserthc1

started smoking around 85 and the only bud that was around the east coast then (well my area) besides seedy weed was Thai stick , panama red and lambs bread at the time I though it was Lamb's breath but the real Thai stick was a real treat... wish I knew then what I know now..... peace soser

symbiote420

symbiote420

Monkey Paw!....my 1st stone, that was some good erb right bro! There was this stuff floating around here from Cali about '94/'95, it was lime green with dark red pistils! I used to date this Jamaican chick, her family grew that fire....me and my buds used to get toasted off that stuff!

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

any word on D.T./Detroit Tremor? Outdoor NL-ish strain done by Oct. or earlier...

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Monkey paw....still alive and rocking. Along with the original NL that used to get people wrecked in the early 90....the old heads still have all the same stuff from back in the day and a lot of there run seeds and have stock of it. Real skunk is still around, just the people that have it don't talk about it often and keep it close.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Monkey Paw!....my 1st stone, that was some good erb right bro! There was this stuff floating around here from Cali about '94/'95, it was lime green with dark red pistils! I used to date this Jamaican chick, her family grew that fire....me and my buds used to get toasted off that stuff!
hey sym is this a strain that can still be found in Jamacia as I am vacationing there jul 8 - 15 and so far i am on the the look out for lambs bread and a royal purple strain from the info i have collected so far, I was also told that to make sure i only buy tree that is on the stem and wrapped in black plactic - can anyone confirm this or add any jamaican info.... tia.......peace soser

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
There used to be some sweet outdoor buds in my area. I know its still around cause I smoked it last year. We could get some Afghani for $125 A QUARTER but this outdoor was better. Great skunky smell and flavor. Huge Donkies too! Would be nice to get some seeds.Maybe in the future I'll try and hunt them down.

D

dank.frank

Hey Mota and Flex - could you describe your experience with the paw - been hunting the legit heritage cut for quite some time....

dank.Frank

S

swisscheese

I keep hearing about this platinum kush from detroit that makes your eyes go squiggly with 2 or 3 hits. Supposedly been around for 10 years and is very pricey.

can-i-hit-it

can-i-hit-it

Monkey Paw, Kevorkian and kryptonite all old school Mi. strains.

Mota im pretty sure u can get the real Monkey Paw cut. we both kno tthe old schooler who still holds her. he speaks very highly of u and last time i spoke to him he passed me an old cross u made (pre 98 bubba x skunk #1). if u need more info pm me and il let u kno who holds the cut.

kevorkian- i hear shes still around but i havent see her in awhile. (years)

kryptonite- i havent even seen or heard about anybody runnin this strain anymore. i think shes lost forever.

djmjb

djmjb

I've heard of some old school skunk floating around the west side of the state.

plantevil

plantevil

I remember the kevorkians from around 04-05. shit was DENSE and potent put your ass to sleep not wanna do shit type of weed. very resinous wouldnt really burn in a joint had to smoke bowls. my boy said it was coming from Chicago but I dunno. also remember some ak47 a friend brought back from a festival around the same time very piney extremely expansive prolly frostiest bud ive ever seen. me and my boy used to get this skunk we called the scotts after the guy we got it from around 03-04 wasn't the most potent but tasted great and was straight up roadkill! we also used to get these flame middies that smelled like spaghetti so we called them the spaghettis. and cant forget the michi-ghanis. best mids ever in existence lol well in between mids and dro but closer to dro

Top Bottom