mice killed my indoor plant?

• Thread starter primeform
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

primeform

no seriously this is one of the strangest things ive seen. I walk into my room to water tonight and I see a plant thats completely dead. I start freakin out thinking i missed it watering like 2 times in a row it would seem. Highly unlikely. Then I notice a pile of dirt next to the pot and the soil still wet as can be. I call my girlfriend in to see that I wasnt tripping out before I cut the plant down and emptied the plant. something had dug from the small drainage whole on the side of my 13 gal pot and made a tunnel throught the entire root mass. Killing the plant and leaving tons of dirt outside the pot.

Heres where it gets more strange. For the last few weeks I had a few random plants that were yellowing. I sprayed them with cal/mag thinking they were having some kind of deficiency. After finding the mouse pot my girlfriend notices the stalks was chewed all up to hell. So i check the stalks of the other yellowing plants and low and behold they were all chewed up as well. 7 plants in total were chewed but none of the other ones have been touched.

I have seen the occassional small mouse runnin inside the shop. Is this little creature capable of all this destruction! Been doin this indoor thing a while and this is a first for me! :sign0065:

hiboy

hiboy

maybe the police trained that little fucker

:harvest:<------------- the mouse with your shitzzzzzz

I

ibTheMan

sounds like ah ground mole stuck your plant. yah i know its ah indoor plant, mole.

P

primeform

I spent the last hour duct taping the stalks of my plants and setting mouse traps. This is fubar.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Funny shit right there. Not really but it is.

This happened to my Father in law years ago. He told me he had 25 small plants going. Came home to feed, and found his stocks chewed threw. What cracks me up is he bought about 100 mouse traps and had them everywhere. Too bad he did not take pics. He finally caught the fucker.
So yes 1 little mouse can do that much damage.

Melvan

Melvan

I just got done reading a thread on another forum. Guy growing in a shed outdoors came in to find all the plants chopped in 1/2 laying on the floor. Funny thing is that he was only a week from harvest. The gopher who got in and did it was laying there glassy eyed from all the thc it had ingested.

If no children or pets have access I would suggest you throw out some poison pellets too. That way if they don't go in the trap, at least they'll eat the dcon and die somewhere else.

B

Bearsfather

If you've seen one, there's at least 2 or 3 living there with you.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Had 600.00 worth of seeds eaten

Had to quit growing indoors several years ago, when I started back I ordered 600$ worth of seeds. I got the seeds about 1 1/2 - 2" tall and decided to put them under my hps for an extended veg. went to water the next day and all plants were gone. I killed about 8 mice before I felt reasonably safe, also put small plants up on my wire shelving to keep away just in case. Live and learn

mal

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

They adore tender young seedlings (think bean sprouts). Whatever you do, don't leave any Ranch dressing laying around, they'll think it's a salad bar...

Top Bottom