Michigan Appeals Court Outlaws Dispensaries

• Thread starter Skydaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budwiser0908

Okay.. Dude, im really posative u can only grow 60 plants. if u r a Caregiver only ie. not a Patient then u get 5 patients.... 60 plants. If u r a Patient and u r your own Caregiver, then u may have again only 5 patients. Urself included as one of those 5.

Correct me if I am wrong, or I cannot do simple math.

You're wrong dude. You can have 5 patient and still grow 12,plants for yourself. You don't sacrifice your 12 plants just because you become a caregiver...

S

StrikeitRich

I understand that u dont sacrafice anything im saying ur math isnt working right for u brother. Okay ur a patient u decide to become a caregiver u are now a caregiver with one patient.... We following eachother...? Now as a Caregiver u are allowed 5 qualified patients. U still abord?

Here is a Link to the Actual Law

Its section 6. (d) ....... I know math aint good but hows yalls English?

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(zy....aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26426

Hope this helps some.

Peace,
S i R

V

Vaped

Well the state has been people 5 caregiver cards plus one patient card for there selves since the start. Their patient card also says you can posses 12 plants. strike it rich sounds about the intelligence level of most of the police in the state.

S

StrikeitRich

k well When I get to the point of having 4 patients and I try to get my 5th.. , I doubt that would ever happen seeing as how i'm not big time or anything, but I guess that way i'll know for sure. That would be really cool to be able to grow the 72 plants, but it will be a grip before im there. lol. Good debates are a pleasure. I read the law the way I said it, but u guys say that I can get my solo caregiver card, isnt it a red one or something if u got 5 patients signed up under u?? (Chime in if anyone knows off hand.) then I can send in a seperate application all together and apply to be a lone patient that supplies for themselves... so u would hold 2 different cards a red one, and a green one. Am I starting to get on the correct path here. I do see a light comming on.... lol. Any one got ne other ideas? Im all ears here.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

Well the state has been people 5 caregiver cards plus one patient card for there selves since the start. Their patient card also says you can posses 12 plants. strike it rich sounds about the intelligence level of most of the police in the state.

I get it u think im an ass ha ha .

I'm here to learn brother sorry that my opinion and views on certian subjects transgress so many unhappy feelings for u. I will try harder next time to not seem so ignorant. My bad. lol

symbiote420

symbiote420

Hey StikeitRich I got some caregiver friends when I saw you guys asking, they are patients and some have 5 patients and grow 72 plants total.

S

StrikeitRich

Hey StikeitRich I got some caregiver friends when I saw you guys asking, they are patients and some have 5 patients and grow 72 plants total.

Cool. I just didnt get that from reading the law as it is written, i do understand though how it is possible. Ty.

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

See now i see how this is messed up, cause say ohh joe blow who isnt to bright to begin with wants his meds.... The Dispenciaries are great... For him, but to me as a Farmer the Dispen. Are FUzzING Crooked. Atleast Most are. For all the places i have visited, around 15 different locations in SW Michigan, there has been only 2 that i would say where there to help suffering people, all the others where there to take ur money and give u as little as possible in return. Michigan is a very very backhanded state. Not saying everyone here is that way, but I do not like the idea of a dispenciary selling medication to the patients.. COme on Patients... Find us growers/FARMERS we are no longer hiding in our basements or closets. We will grow ur medication for u at a hell of a good price. A hell of a lot better plan would be for michigan to start a GrowCo-Op My two buddies and i have the business plan we just are waiting for our hobby grows to supply us with the means to open up our own Residential Delivery Caregivers Assosiates. We Grow it, We Deliver it, Our Patients Consume it. Why Dispensiaries are even around, unless they are only trying to make money... I do not know.

Sorry just my .02.

Peace,
S i R

I think that G3C has the best model for Michigan. If you haven't been there, I suggest you sign up as a member and check it out. Caregivers' overages are dealt with at their discretion, and the patient has a choice of quality, strain, and amount of donation. I am hoping more of these open throughout the state and the greedy dispensaries stay closed. My .02

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

Come Sept. 7th if you have an empty seat, you need to fill it with a body. Anybody........pick up a homeless veteran and bring him to Lansing. Last time they had a rally, the homeless veterans down the street got more press than the protesters. What the lawmakers need to see is a huge mob out front, blocking traffic, yelling, and screaming.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
From experience, ya'll shouldn't be to worried about all the ins and outs of plant counts, patients, caregivers, etc at a smaller level....because it will all completely change a few times in the next year and in the end you will realize that being anal about the letter of the law is pointless and a total waste of your time.

Get your card and do what you do, being a caregiver will ultimately put in the line of fire either from the state or your patients and it is not fun and totally unneccesary IMO.

Our state is 5 or so years ahead of MI in this process and so far it has been the same arc in every med state I have watched..make up some rules, big money will lobby to change the rules to suit them, the rules will be changed, and then they will be changed again and again and again and then it will go for a little bit and be changed again. Pretty much any rule in place today won't be a few years from now.

My .02

Tex

M

MTgrower

I'm shocked that you guys are surprised that this is happening. As Tex said, haven't you guys been following what has been going on in MJ states? I am still a registered patient and caregiver in the state of MT. I also grew up in Toledo and spent a lot of time at my home in Northern Lower Michigan on the AuSable. Anyhow, I was hopeful that registering as a patient and caregiver to my 16 friends would keep me legally safe and allow me to grow my dank. I NEVER planned on opening a dispensary, I hate them, and I blame them and their in your face greed driven lies about compassion and caring, when in reality they are 24 year old bullshitters looking to make a shit ton of cash.

Then they started all this bullshit backlash because of the incredible density and high visibility of these "Clinics".

Here is my advice straight from my lawyer. DO NOT REGISTER AS A PATIENT OR PROVIDER. DO NOT RENEW YOUR CARD WHEN IT LAPSES. DO NOT AGREE TO BE A PROVIDER TO ANYONE, AND ALLOW ALL CARDS ASSIGNED TO YOU TO LAPSE. UNTIL FEDERAL PROHIBITION IS OVER, THESE STATE LAWS OFFER NO PROTECTION FROM FEDERAL PROSECUTION. BECOMING A REGISTERED PATIENT DOES NOTHING BUT PUT YOU ON A LIST THAT LETS THE FEDS KNOW WHO IS AN ADMITTED USER, PRODUCER, AND DISTRIBUTOR OF A S1 FEDERALLY PROHIBITED SUBSTANCE.

I greatly regret getting involved in the movement. When I asked the president of MT NORMAL if he was going to get a card, his immediate answer was a resounding "FUCK NO!!!"

If you want to grow and sell weed, do it. Just don't be fooled into paying into a system that does nothing for you and puts you at risk of loosing your freedom and all your assets. You might get caught, but you have a much higher probability of getting caught as a cardholder of any kind.

M

MIway

One thing about plant count limits different than CO is that they do not recognize higher dr rec's on 'medically necessary'... 12 is the limit per person, w/o any debate/question thus far. The limit is 5 patients per registered caregiver, though a caregiver for other patients can still be a patient themselves w/o any other caregiver assigned... that means, their 5 patients for which they caregive (legally) and their own personal grow for their own patient status (which doesn't need to be assigned to a caregiver)... that is 72 plants. And they do count here when going into a private homes... patient or caregiver.

some cities are allowing for more than one caregiver to grow under the same roof... yspi has ordinances on the books for up to 5 to join together, deerborn allows 2, and not for sure but lansing likely allows them to join. just now, the only patients allowed to get any of that weed is the registered patients, and no one else... even as a gift, for free, to another registered patient.

Anywho, here's the actual decision of the Appeals Court...

C

cheech

Jeezus Christ. Wish I had just said 'my legal plant limit' instead of 72.

Why the hell would you not want to get a card MTGrower??????? MI isn't keeping records of where we grow our plants. All my cards have my po box listed on them. I can't be found.

These cards are going to save my ass if some fluke incident brings the cops to my grow. It will be the difference between 'thank you officer, cya' and 'hey baby can you come bail me out.'

C

cheech

Our state is 5 or so years ahead of MI in this process and so far it has been the same arc in every med state I have watched..make up some rules, big money will lobby to change the rules to suit them, the rules will be changed, and then they will be changed again and again and again and then it will go for a little bit and be changed again. Pretty much any rule in place today won't be a few years from now.

My .02

Tex

Aren't you in CO? 5 years ahead of being a medical state I think you mean, and not actually ahead in the process of smart policy, right?

Not trying to disrespect your state, but didn't your med laws get a good ass pounding this last 6 or so months? Wasn't a lot of this new policy brought on because of the dispensary scene?

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Aren't you in CO? 5 years ahead of being a medical state I think you mean, and not actually ahead in the process of smart policy, right?

Not trying to disrespect your state, but didn't your med laws get a good ass pounding this last 6 or so months? Wasn't a lot of this new policy brought on because of the dispensary scene?

Lol brought on by the CG scene in my opinion! Dispensaries have been at least mostly "accountable" while caregivers act just like the ones here... Uncle Sam don't care who the "crooks" are, he just wants to know the whole chain of accountability to make sure he got his FAIR share.

Easy decision for money hungry lawmakers imo.

C

cheech

Lol brought on by the CG scene in my opinion! Dispensaries have been at least mostly "accountable" while caregivers act just like the ones here... Uncle Sam don't care who the "crooks" are, he just wants to know the whole chain of accountability to make sure he got his FAIR share.

Easy decision for money hungry lawmakers imo.

An excerpt from the most resent fed memo issued by James M. Cole.

"A number of states have enacted some form of legislation relating to the medical use of marijuana. Accordingly,the Ogden Memo reiterated to you that prosecution of significant traffickers of illegal drugs, including marijuana, remains a core priority, but advised that it is likely not an efficient use of federal resources to focus enforcement efforts on individuals with cancer or other serious illnesses who use marijuana as part of a recommended treatment regimen consistent with applicable state law, or their caregivers. The term "caregiver" as used in the memorandum meant just that: individuals providing care to individuals with cancer or other serious illnesses, not commercial operations cultivating, selling or distributing marijuana."

M

MTgrower

Jeezus Christ. Wish I had just said 'my legal plant limit' instead of 72.

Why the hell would you not want to get a card MTGrower??????? MI isn't keeping records of where we grow our plants. All my cards have my po box listed on them. I can't be found.

These cards are going to save my ass if some fluke incident brings the cops to my grow. It will be the difference between 'thank you officer, cya' and 'hey baby can you come bail me out.'

MT isn't keeping records of where we grow our plants either. That doesn't mean they can't find you. I assume you had to fill out a "Caregiver" or "Provider" registration form for each patient assigned to you. In MT that info included my SS #, my drivers license number, etc.. If they want to find you, they will. Then they will beat the living shit out of you until you give them whatever info they want, or you die from the beating. Of course the camera in the holding cell will have malfunctioned during your interview.

Your cards put a target on your back, just like mine put one on my back. My lawyer warned me not to register if I planned to grow illegal drugs. I did not listen to him because I had faith in Obama and had high hopes that he would end prohibition. I also just could not see the FEDS wasting their time with little old me. Well, they make examples out of everyone.. from the dying cancer patient to the big time hustler.

Your legal plant count is ZERO. Black Market until Federal Prohibition Ends!!!

And if you do decide do get involved on paper, please do everyone a favor and tell the dispensaries to fuck off. They are completely unneeded and they bring on the goon squad with shocking speed.

recordsnherb

recordsnherb

all the spots that actually received cease and desist orders didnt have any permits from the city they operate. there are a couple still open, i believe walled lake and a2 are the only cities that actually issued permits for these spots. how can they deem you a public nuisance when the county prosecuter signed the lease of occupancy?

G

growing rights

I agree! I think there needs to be a system. It cost alot to be a great farmer with medical qauility. I feel the way the depenries were running they were selling medication that wasnt properly flushed or properly havested. We should be able to be entrepenures as well as care givers. It just needs to be done properly.

Top Bottom