Michigan Buck Pole...

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Alright fellow stoners/deer hunters, today is the opening of gun season for the ole whitetail! Goodluck to everyone. Please be safe out there. Post the pics, lets see some trophy bucks! Im gonna award the winning hunter with something cool.
Goodluck fellas!

djmjb

djmjb

Yeah buddy you know I'm gonna be out dere in my camo suit layin in a pile of leaves. That's Pure Michigan right dere

kooter840

kooter840

Sittn in the blind with the old man yesterday......said fuck dad we aint seeing shit lets see if this helps. fired up a fatty of some dank ass Bubba coughed my ass off! passed it to the old man,
looked up and there she was ...........best deer lure there is!

rollon

rollon

took this guy during bow season,thought i throw him in anyway. good luck out there.nothing better than fresh backstraps and cured bud. well maybe wild turkey on thanksgiving. peace
10 point

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
9 pt i took with bow in nov this season in sw mi...View attachment 274689View attachment 274690

It's funny, I'm not a hunter, more of a peace and love kinda guy. I eat meat and have no problem with hunting, it just ain't for me. That said, I have mad respect for anyone who can kill what they eat. The dude who killed that big ass buck with a bow, RESPECT!

outwest

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ive never hunted whitetail but ive hunted elk and muledeer in the west most of my life with a rifle and i have mega respect for anyone that hunts with a bow,I have a hard time getting close enough for the 100-200 yard shot let alone in bow range.
I took one of my buddys sons(16)hunting recently,he and his dad had been out everyday since opener and not seen a deer and i managed to get him a shot on a forked horn,first shot deer stiil standing and i told him to hit him again which he did and the deer piled up without a step.
That first shot was a gut shot,kid was nervous and when we went to dress the buck out he ralphed all over the place when we opened him up,lol,It was more fun than actually doing the deed myself,i was pretty proud of the kid,Good luck to everyone in the field this year!

Irish

Irish

i rattled that buck in with a pair of antlers during the rut...soon as i crashed those horns together, i no longer hung them on a tree branch, and two smaller bucks came charging in, right under my tree stand...i was going to harvest the six point, then caught a glimpse of my nine point coming in 100 yds out. the two smaller bucks ran right under me, and kept going...this buck was on a steady charge following them. i grunted at him to stop him at 50 yds out, then 40, then 30, and he finally stopped, and gave me a nice shot...you can see the wound where my Rage broadhead exited...he turned and ran off, and i called my brother on phone and told him bring the quad...i tracked him 70 yards just before dark...

notice how thick and blowed up his neck is? thats how you can tell he was in full rut...

made some fine venison stew on my woodburning stove i use to heat with, for football last sunday.

it is muzzleloader season here now, and i harvested two does for my family also...peace...

Motarebel

Motarebel

Yeah Irish that's a big ol stinky buck! lol That's what i call a bonus because i prefere the 1 1/2 year olds the best for eatin but it's all good! You shoot it with a Rage broadhead? By far the best broadhead i've used in my 30+ years of string twangin.

Rollon, that's a nice buck too!

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Very nice buck Irish!!! Miss them big bastards! Lived up north for 15 yrs, near West Branch. Lotta deer up tjere, but they trophies are few and far between. I made this theead in hopes of posting my own monster. Dont look like itll happen this year. But, once me and the fam get settled around here, Ill be able to spend a lil more time out there.
Hey Motarebel, howz it been man? I like that Rage also. Nice .
Quest

Irish

Irish

hey now, i'm on a roll already this season. and gun season still a week out. I've taken three does now with my compound bow. nothing fancy, just an old bear whitetail2 bow. those rage broadheads are very nasty. bleed a deer out quick. I haven't seen one run more than last years buck of 70yds, and he actually went furthest. these does ran bout 50 yds and bled out. best bet is a rage. their worth every penny. entry is a four to six inch wound, and exit about same. they bleed out faster than any other broadhead I've ever used.

gun hunting with a .50 cal cva optima scoped. bought this meat gun last season. put the shotgun away. this thing is a deer slayer. i'm dropping deer 100+ yards with ease on a dime kill zone. love this gun for deer.

we are honoring wounded warriors again this year on my hunting land. something that I've done with help and assistance of friends donations for many years now here in sw mi. we provide a mentorship program for returning combat vets wounded in action. donations come from other combat vets in the way of their time, to help upkeep of easy accessible trails, blinds, and food plots. I am a retired us army ranger. I served in nam from 67-69, and was wounded in action.

I wouldn't mind offering a prize this season for Michigan buck pole if that is something allowed here? maybe seeds? I've got some pink mama x pure afghan beans I made with seeds from Bodhi's yo mama, crossed to pure affy from the tude, that I made in a whole room open pollination, and these babies are serious cash cropper heavies in the Michigan outdoors. awesome smoke too! lil story behind the yo mamas is that Bodhi, being the giving man he is, gave a pack of his yo mama to our dearly departed Lonestar(rip), and Lonestar gifted these beans to an online brother, my old friend 420benny. we shared in a pollen chuck of the f2's benny made, and heres what I made from those. I don't want to break any rules, so someone will have to say yes or no of course.

I hunt hard every year. only time I take a buck anymore with a gun is if it is a wall hanger. I have a rule not to shoot anything under 10pts. with a gun. I've hunted both black bear successfully, and whitetail in Michigan. I've killed two black bears. one with a bow, one with a pistol. both hunts were filmed also. I film all wounded warrior hunts myself on my hunting land. friends are down in Indiana bow hunting right now, I was sick, and tended camp, got a little hunting in alone. hehe.

pink mama x pure afghan pics, and recent doe taken with compound bow/rage head.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Just sited in the new scope today.;) I sold my bow a while back and havent bought a new one yet but i plan on it in the off season. My neighbor got a doe last night had to track it this morning but its safely being processed now! I got a nice feild to hunt for friday dont really care if I get the Monster or not just want some for the freezer. I hate the way I get when I see one fuckin deer fever everytime heart pounding. :eek:

Irish

Irish

i get a rush everytime i kill budmuncher. it is inevitable. my bro gets so excited he over shoots his bow. when were on target shoots, he is dead nutz. i got him closing both eyes, opening them, then taking the shot. he's dropped a 10 pt and a doe this bow season already this way. i think he was getting double vision. we fixed that. go hard my friend. good luck...

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey what up fellow hunters! Its that of year for us again! Deer hunin'!
Congrats on the lil doe Irish. Thatll feed the family for a few!
Lol, I started this thread lastyear in antyicpiation I would be able to post proud pics of my own monster buck. And didntt even get out in the woods the whole season due to work...but hey, thats life. I did get things setup to gow out and bag me a monster Washtenaw Co. Buck!!

I wish everyone the best of luck out there and be safe guyz! Peace.
Quest

Latest posts

Top Bottom