Michigan Genetics Suppliers and Auto Strains Question

• Thread starter CyborgGold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CyborgGold

CyborgGold

I am in the process of starting a licensed commercial grow in Michigan. Unfortunately, with the way the laws are set up in this state, I can only procure seeds from another licensed grower or seed bank within Michigan. Most of the seed banks online give you a pretty good amount of information to let you know about what you should expect from their strains but the websites I have found from Michigan suppliers are severely lacking in that department. Can anyone recommend any good Auto strains available in MI seed banks that have a decent yield and potency? Which genetics suppliers would you recommend going with or staying away from?

R

redshift75

not sure if UP seeds co is fully licensed. I mean they were raided some time back someone local said? not sure if thats true or was pre license stuff.... But id take him over most in the state. I do know of a few down state but i dont think they are licensed.

Id let you go through my catalogue if it was a MI based thing. But the licensed aspect since i am growing legal without a license doesnt help you. I will ask around from some of my licensed people and see if i can come up with something to PM you besides UP seeds co.

kaka

kaka

Supporter
At least you can be licensed.... fuck Michigan... its an hour drive in any direction to be in an area I can be licensed. Not so doable in the winter.

R

redshift75

you in a county you cant get licensed as well @kaka would that explain why im smoking wedding cake that is claimed to be your cut?

kaka

kaka

Supporter
you in a county you cant get licensed as well @kaka would that explain why im smoking wedding cake that is claimed to be your cut?

I can't get any of these smaller operator permits at all based solely on location. Where Im at getting to the grocery store can be a death wish in the winter, so driving an hour each way to a cool county just isn't happening. Im trying to gtfo of this fucking state... spent a ton of money trying to set up oklahoma.

seed cellar in jackson is legit.

R

redshift75

I can't get any of these smaller operator permits at all based solely on location. Where Im at getting to the grocery store can be a death wish in the winter, so driving an hour each way to a cool county just isn't happening. Im trying to gtfo of this fucking state... spent a ton of money trying to set up oklahoma.

im in U.P. and they are all over so i understand that. Compared to other states ive been in i have to say MI programs are good in some aspects and crap in other. I know how it is. Im in a place thats not plowed. Have to plow myself out in U.P. this year everything broke im struggling now to make plans to plow. So it can be a hassle and a half. Im say way though i cant get anything short of a 45 minute drive.

Chinook3

Chinook3

I bought some seeds from the cellar in Jackson and will not do it again. These were photos and they barely sprouted. Germ rates were like 20%. This is not what you seek.

Chinook3

kaka

kaka

Supporter
I bought some seeds from the cellar in Jackson and will not do it again. These were photos and they barely sprouted. Germ rates were like 20%. This is not what you seek.

Chinook3

Blaming seeds not germinating on a retailer is pretty fucking lame. Blame the seed company that made the seeds.
Seed Celler in Jackson is fucking legit and the owner is a generous man who does lots of good in his community.
Every seed I got there germinated fine. If I was closer I'd be shopping there regularly.

Chinook3

Chinook3

It's your choice! Mine too! I emailed the establishment!!!

Chinook3

Moshmen

Moshmen

Just back in MI fir a visit and my home town is encouraging growers with some tax breaks along with breKs in licensing small grow I think was 6000$ for 250 plant count

Moshmen

Moshmen

Blaming seeds not germinating on a retailer is pretty fucking lame. Blame the seed company that made the seeds.
Seed Celler in Jackson is fucking legit and the owner is a generous man who does lots of good in his community.
Every seed I got there germinated fine. If I was closer I'd be shopping there regularly.

I’ll gave to ck them out next time I go back

CyborgGold

CyborgGold

Have you looked at Seed Celler out of Jackson Michigan
We actually got a few from the Cellar to do some testing before we start up! Hopefully we like what we see too, they seemed like good folks.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Chinook3

I tell ya man, I agree with Chinook3 so far. I purchased three separate packs of fem seeds from Seed Cellar. Two packs germinated fine and are growing vigorously. The third pack, all seven seeds where duds. I wasn't to pissed because they gave me 5 free seeds with the order so I tried to pop them...NOTHING all 5 seeds where duds.

Now before you go blaming me and my germination techniques just let me say, over the years I have germinated hundreds if not thousands of seeds. With close to %90 success rates. (Distilled water in a glass till they sink, moist paper towel, warm dark place.) It isn't rocket science. If seeds are viable I can germinate them. I am confident these seeds where no good.

I will say I knew the risk when I ordered. It says right on the web site there are no germination guarantees. So I guess I'm just screwed out of the $90 or whatever I paid for them... At least they weren't all duds.

I emailed Seed Cellar and told them the deal. They have not responded as of yet. If they don't make it right, all I can do is take my business else where. And tell all those I can to BEWARE!

linde

linde

yup buying seeds can be an ugly business. you are at the mercy of the seed companys. buying 3 year old seeds that barely germinate sucks. I'm going thru the same problem as we speak but not with the Jackson company. I think in the future ill be buying clones rather than seeds.

Chinook3

Chinook3

Yep, better choices out there. Likely the most important part you bring to a grow is the genetics. Why risk getting something that may or may not deliver. Your paying very similar prices get your seed from someone that has a reputable product.

kaka

kaka

Supporter
smart people do not blame a retailer for seeds not germinating.
your beef is with the breeder, or your ability to start a seed just sucks.
3 year old seeds are the problem? LOL
I think yall maybe not great growers.

linde

linde

I agree if you are purchasing the seeds directly from the seller in person there's no reason that your germination rate should be near 100% But ordering seeds thru the mail is a different story. Your seed pack could be sitting on an old damp boat comming overseas in poor conditions. then your Usps driver decides to set your package on his defrost vent all day cuz his truck is filled to the gills with packages. I mean you just never know man. Germinating cannabis seeds is definitely no rocket science. Either they sprout or they dont. So basically yes, there is always some risk in buying seeds thru the mail. Anyway. carry on!

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

smart people do not blame a retailer for seeds not germinating.
your beef is with the breeder, or your ability to start a seed just sucks.
3 year old seeds are the problem? LOL
I think yall maybe not great growers.
Sounds like you need a hug...and a poem.

Desiderata
GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

By Max Ehrmann © 1927

Top Bottom