Michigan growing - lighting questions until I can get plants outside

• Thread starter flowerlover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowerlover

flowerlover

Hi All -

Love this site. Was so helpful last year when I was doing my first grow outside - I ended with one beautiful plant - and harvested over one pound...success in my eyes. I suppose it was beginners luck:)

So...this year - I have a few seeds (2 auto's, one feminized and one from last year's plant). I have planted indoors first with the goal of moving outside when weather warms up (last week of May). My issue is I don't know what to do with my lighting schedule. Daylight hours will be about 15 hours when I go to plant outside.

Questions:
March 9 - Successfully germinated and then planted inside a feminized seed - I have that on a lighting schedule of about 16 hours - trying to move it a little bit down every day to the 15 hours that real daylight will be when I take it outside....my confusion is this....once I get it outside at 15 hours - the daylight hours will start to increase again and so it may/may not go into veg state again...so what light schedule should I have it on now to keep it in veg? It is a very slow grower - but seems healthy. See picture.

Also on March 9 - 2 autos germinated and then planted inside - I think I should keep those at 18/6 schedule under the lights....Can I move those outdoors - and light difference won't be a big deal because they are autos? True or False? If I actually get anything out of these I will be happy - one has already started to flower (I think...see pictures) - I am sure I have messed that up...

April 21 - I found one seed from my one pound stash from last year:) I wanted to try and grow again - as it did so well. I have no clue what it was - because I was given a tiny plant and just put in my garden to see what would happen. So...I successfully germinated that seed - a few days ago - I under e it under the lights right now 18/6. My question is - should I set that light schedule to be what the real schedule is outside now? Does a seedling need more light - maybe keep it under 18/6 for two weeks and then get it on real light schedule to match outside? It is just a baby with a very long stem...reaching for my light.

If I can get one of these to actually produce outside - I will consider myself a lucky lady.

Thanks in advance!

Michigan growing   lighting questions until i can get plants outside
Michigan growing   lighting questions until i can get plants outside 2
Michigan growing   lighting questions until i can get plants outside 3
Michigan growing   lighting questions until i can get plants outside 4

Latest posts

Top Bottom