Michigan indoor Exhaust/Intake dilemma

• Thread starter marcd455
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harvard

Harvard

Do you mean not to tie into a gas furnace or gas hot water heater exhaust?

Cause i have been intaking inside air and blowing it out a brick chimney from my basement for 6 summers. In winter the exhaust is directed under the living room for supplemental heat.
19 here! He don’t have a clue!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yup

The backdraft can/may cause your furnace or h20 tank pilot light to go out and fill the space with carbon monoxide.

Do as you wish, it's not my life or grow.

This has been talked about in full detail many years back.

I have a sealed loop propane furnace. It intakes and exhausts outside on its own loop. It has run fine the whole time my exhaust has been going.

But i do agree that tying in to existing in use stacks like the water heater pipe can do what you are saying.

Harvard

Harvard

Actually the ONLY thing that gets vented out of my basement/building is my portable ac exhaust.
You ever hear of ethylene gas that gets produced, probably not with only 10 years. I guess it makes for, well small buds.

Harvard

Harvard

I’m just glad I’m not trying to kill anyone, or myself. damn man! Must say got my attention.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

You ever hear of ethylene gas that gets produced, probably not with only 10 years. I guess it makes for, well small buds.
10+yrs of growing, I've never had an issue. I'm 100% sealed co2 flower room. I've never nor will I ever exhaust the air in that room. Only time is when I open the door to the room.
What works for me may or may not work for others.

Harvard

Harvard

10+yrs of growing, I've never had an issue. I'm 100% sealed co2 flower room. I've never nor will I ever exhaust the air in that room. Only time is when I open the door to the room.
What works for me may or may not work for others.
I agree, just don’t be killing anybody.

marcd455

marcd455

I dont like to settle for mediocrity. There's no such thing as "good enough" for me, im after optimal circumstances only. If things "work" that doesn't mean you are using the most effective approach, never be afraid to improve.

Thanks for all the posts guys, helped me alot. Im going to exhaust into basement (through a terrabloom 10" fan/Carbon filter seen in pic above) and build a mini lung box with a high quality HEPA filter. My basement is also pretty dry and odorless thanks to my 1970s furnace😆. So the idea is the mini lung will work as a filter for the intake air. DH and AC are inside the room, ac is a dual hose portable that i may or may not vent outside of my home.

In the near future if any odors or issues arise I will try building a walk in lung room. Run my 10" exhaust into the lung room and also pull intake from there. Even though running a closed loop ventilation like that is essentially just a sealed room with more moving parts i feel like it gives me more ability to control the situation should any issues arise. What do you bragadocious veterans think😄? Btw im a freak about not being able to smell my grow within my home so this is partially why I want to filter/clean the air. Im starting to ramble but any opinions are much appreciated, im pretty new to growing but I am very meticulous in my hobbies and do obsessive amounts of research/reading.

Repetition does NOT designate competence....Be diligent, passionate, and intelligent and you will far surpass those who just go through the motions.🙌

Quick peek of the veg room project...

20200830 163105
Top Bottom