MICHIGAN PLANTS ONLY LETS SEE EM!

• Thread starter LilTwERP33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

Wanted to start a thread for Michigan outdoor growers, as we seem to be in the flowering stage id like to be able to discuss things we got going on such as the weather changing and flower progression and things we do specifically for our climate, let's make this an educational fun feed

R

redshift75

How about that wind right now! omg it was enough to snap my bamboo supports and a couple 2x4's yesterday. im too afraid to go out and look. we will go with the uncertainty that im going to believe they are perfectly fine and still survived. I dont want to open up that box today ;) so far i have 4 of 8 left surviving the weather.

LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

How about that wind right now! omg it was enough to snap my bamboo supports and a couple 2x4's yesterday. im too afraid to go out and look. we will go with the uncertainty that im going to believe they are perfectly fine and still survived. I dont want to open up that box today ;) so far i have 4 of 8 left surviving the weather.
LOL yeah the weathers been crazy! Im lucky the wind hasn't done any damage as of yet..but we had that storm id say last weekend and I had the same exact thought, im just gonna hope they are okay and not even look, thankfully they were lol

20200903 120530
R

redshift75

last weeks storms snapped the one circled in red. now its all yellow and just past repairing itself. held out for a few days. But the constant rains was the kicker.

The blue circle one is the ones the supports snapped in half. I had reinforced them after this picture. One half is dead as it was mainlined. The shallow bedrock here means i need to reconsider how to anchor my supports. When the weather gets too extreme and the conditions are right. they arent deep enough not to cause serious damage. So being my first year here its a bit of a learning curve to the new ground. Will have them in a greenhouse next year. I built one for them. Then didnt like the location and didnt have time to build another so i guerrilla'd it :)

photo is from like a month ago i think when they were still doing good. before it all went down hill for this patch

IMG 20200810 165609 LI 2
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Hell yeah I dont see why not lol its close enough
Hey thanks so much! It's getting mighty cold up here fast and I'm so glad I got the last layer of trellis netting on because this wind has been aweful!
I've been spraying twice a week with a bacterial fungicide for a month now hoping to keep any pm and rot at bay.

Here is a few of them I took yesterday

20200902 185131
Screenshot 20200902 180228 Gallery
Screenshot 20200902 180436 Gallery
Screenshot 20200902 180041 Gallery
R

redshift75

Hey thanks so much! It's getting mighty cold up here fast and I'm so glad I got the last layer of trellis netting on because this wind has been aweful!
I've been spraying twice a week with a bacterial fungicide for a month now hoping to keep any pm and rot at bay.

Here is a few of them I took yesterday
looking all yooper like being that close ;)

flowerlover

flowerlover

HI - so excited about this thread. Definitely could use the support in the next few weeks. On the big "tree" - I have barely used any nutrients - and my buds look pretty small...but I know in next 3 weeks they will grow. I am going to need a 12 foot ladder to inspect the tops. The smaller one had spider mites a few weeks ago - I attempted to solve the issue - moved it away from the bigger plant and released a ton of lady bugs (a few have stayed around) and I think stress of moving the plant - caused many leaves to turn yellow and die (not to mention spider mite problems). Thinking of maybe giving both a boost of nutrients - but not sure what to give. Curious what everyone else is using. Also - I have some reproducing ants that have recently showed up mostly on the little plant....hopefully they will eat the remaining spider mites or any other bad bugs off of the leaves. Would like to know what everyone is growing.

CA4B1A83 BCB9 4816 9E5A 7DC877FA9D7E
IMG B65B07B594AC 1
flowerlover

flowerlover

Hello Michiganders - I can't remember what my flowers looked like last year at this time...this year I think they are kind of small. I know I harvested around October 5 of last year (which was a little early probably but was worried about bud rot). Can buds grow big in a two-week time period? Thoughts and thanks!
IMG 9390
IMG 9391
IMG 9392

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Hello Michiganders - I can't remember what my flowers looked like last year at this time...this year I think they are kind of small. I know I harvested around October 5 of last year (which was a little early probably but was worried about bud rot). Can buds grow big in a two-week time period? Thoughts and thanks!View attachment 1030071View attachment 1030072View attachment 1030073
The buds will definitely swell up in the last 2 weeks before harvest. Is this the same strain as last year? Maybe this one wont be ready until mid-late October...

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

Any guesses on when she'll be ready? She's about 5 1/2 weeks into flower

flowerlover

flowerlover

Good to know buds grow bigger in last two weeks. This is the same strain as last year - I found two seeds when I was trimming. I lost one and didn't think this one would germinate (glad it did). I have no idea what kind it is (my guess is indica - it's very mild). It's much bigger this year.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

snapped some photos quick not bad for the frosts we been getting. one didnt handle it so well the others wasnt so bad. experimented with ga3 on the one that had some frost burn.

View attachment 1033082
Made it through the frost the last 2 days, come on harvest time View attachment 1033086View attachment 1033087
My frosts were bad ...I got nervous but they bounced right back. Hope that cold stuff stays at bay for a while

Before View attachment 1033125

After View attachment 1033126

And then View attachment 1033127
Hey guys name the strains you are growing please? I live in a northren state similar to MI.

Are these grown in full sun? is there shade at the end of the suns peak? Is it peak sun all day?

Latest posts

Top Bottom