MICHIGAN PLANTS ONLY LETS SEE EM!

• Thread starter LilTwERP33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redshift75

I always wash my buds. 1 cup peroxide to 5 gallons of water. Gets off the bugs and dirt and pollen etc ... such clean tasting smoke
I try to opt for natural wash as much as possible. But considering what i did this year. May have to go for full wash.
I do water h202 spray as they come down. Right now i have what will appear to be WPm but its really Captan. I do a thick spray of captan towards rain season. Now if the rain does its job i have to use very little H202 wash. I also dry the buds off every morning with a leaf blower set to low.

This is reason I dug an underground greenhouse. The temp inside is around 50 degrees, while outside is cold af! Lol putting in electric heaters today.
I wish i could do underground greenhouse but i have about 3-5 ft of dirt before bed rock. If i did that the place would always be wet. from all the surrounding area water running off. it would probably make a puddle more than anything. My old place we had 2 half earthen mound greenhouses. I think my option in future will be light dep green house with earlier start in airpots. I dont think i want to do in soil again on this spot with my pythium problem this year. seems like once the roots hit the bed rock it hit hard.

side note: off to see if my plastic pup tent survived 27 degrees. yesterday i spent all day with the slushy rain keeping the water from pooling. I have a spot or 2 thats touching the plastic but i have no support to run the ropes to fix it without building something. but the point of a guerilla grow is to build as little as possible and leave as little impact as possible. So we shall see what the freezing cold did.

flowerlover

flowerlover

Hello - time is getting close. I think I should hold out a few more days... do you guys think? I am not seeing any amber. I have taken off a few branches because they broke....(when I tried to cover it from the frost that need came...). Aphids are still here - but I don't think they can do that much damage in the next 5 - 7 days.

IMG 9621
IMG 9619
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Hello - time is getting close. I think I should hold out a few more days... do you guys think? I am not seeing any amber. I have taken off a few branches because they broke....(when I tried to cover it from the frost that need came...). Aphids are still here - but I don't think they can do that much damage in the next 5 - 7 days.
Honestly it looks like 2 weeks out to me. There is still much swelling to do.

flowerlover

flowerlover

Honestly it looks like 2 weeks out to me. There is still much swelling to do.
Thank you - now that I am looking closer - there may be a little spider web...that's not a good sign. Luckily I still have a few lady bugs flying around. 🙏🏻

flowerlover

flowerlover

Random MI plants still going strong. The swell is on nicely in this patch.

Just for legal reasons this is a med person helping grow their limit to be self sufficient. other then them doing the leg work pretty much ran the program to perfection.
Looks good - I see you have a visit from a helpful ladybug in one of your photos.

420trout

420trout

I am in SE Michigan. Glad to hear so many saying their tricombes are milky and not amber yet. I took down a headband plant on Monday due to it being beat up bad by the wind and not supported well. I am sure those trics were all milky, no amber. I am itching to harvest, but have to remind myself that I still need a couple of weeks.

flowerlover

flowerlover

Guys - while hand picking off aphids from my tree - I found this guy. Do you think it is a ladybug?
IMG 9629

Cobray

Cobray

The weather in SE Michigan is looking pretty good into the middle of next week!

R

redshift75

Guys - while hand picking off aphids from my tree - I found this guy. Do you think it is a ladybug? View attachment 1041319
looks like a 'Cydnidae' of the burrower bugs. There diet consists of roots. Could also be a shield bug, maybe Sehirus cinctus, which is just a white margined burrower bug. random black bug. Honestly they kind of all fall in the same category mostly for your common ones in the region. one or two isnt terrible no more terrible than leaf hopper damage. But they can infest a plant. But odds of that are going to be small. They are more likely there as a secondary to aphids you had. Taking small bites here and there and moving on. I see burrowing bugs in my fields all the time and have never had an infestation that required me to ever treat them outside my standard IPM which im not even sure without checking labels if that's even in there getting killed.

So 1 or a few, no big deal, tons of them big deal.. **if they are eating the roots of your plant to where you notice it.

Picture isnt great so im just going with the looks like a burrowing bug.

flowerlover

flowerlover

looks like a 'Cydnidae' of the burrower bugs. There diet consists of roots. Could also be a shield bug, maybe Sehirus cinctus, which is just a white margined burrower bug. random black bug. Honestly they kind of all fall in the same category mostly for your common ones in the region. one or two isnt terrible no more terrible than leaf hopper damage. But they can infest a plant. But odds of that are going to be small. They are more likely there as a secondary to aphids you had. Taking small bites here and there and moving on. I see burrowing bugs in my fields all the time and have never had an infestation that required me to ever treat them outside my standard IPM which im not even sure without checking labels if that's even in there getting killed.

So 1 or a few, no big deal, tons of them big deal.. **if they are eating the roots of your plant to where you notice it.

Picture isnt great so im just going with the looks like a burrowing bug.
Thank you - good info. I only found one on my giant tree...so far!I am learning so much about bugs this summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom