MICHIGAN PLANTS ONLY LETS SEE EM!

• Thread starter LilTwERP33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redshift75

Thank you - good info. I only found one on my giant tree...so far!I am learning so much about bugs this summer.
I recommend this to people all the time i meet at the various garden workshops im a part of each year. If you have android download an APP called Google Lens. Snap a few photos and be shocked how close it gets you. This save people lots of time in the field to know if they have to worry about anything. Doesnt work with some super small bugs you snap in macro cause they are all the same to the AI. but im usually shocked how often it works at identifying something ive never seen before.

shaganja

shaganja

IMG 20201010 1224100
IMG 20201010 1224497

Harley m.d.
IMG 20201010 1225472
IMG 20201010 1226581

Purple star
IMG 20201010 1227486
IMG 20201010 1228181

Fire o.g.
IMG 20201010 1229190
IMG 20201010 1230269

Mooseknuckle jockey
IMG 20201010 1231049
IMG 20201010 1231520

Cake fighter
IMG 20201010 1235302
IMG 20201010 1235437

Quantum kush
IMG 20201010 1236179
IMG 20201010 1236248

Synergy
IMG 20201010 1237081
IMG 20201010 1237330

Phone home x iranian early flower.
Triangle pheno x roadkill unicorn.
Three leaf pheno. Was 2 out of a 24 plant run.
IMG 20201010 1239599
IMG 20201010 1240586

Silver mountain
IMG 20201010 1241403

Still chuggin along in the u.p.
Slow but steady. Our purple triangle is just a few days away. Pretty excited! The bottom popcorn samples have been nice! A very o.g. feeling buzz. And samples from the quantum kush are so chill and clear but very blown away! Feels good to get stoned enough to forget your bowl. The bowls not done, but you are! Lol

shaganja

shaganja

View attachment 1041939View attachment 1041940
Harley m.d.
View attachment 1041941View attachment 1041942
Purple star
View attachment 1041943View attachment 1041944
Fire o.g.
View attachment 1041945View attachment 1041946
Mooseknuckle jockey
View attachment 1041947View attachment 1041948
Cake fighter
View attachment 1041949View attachment 1041950
Quantum kush
View attachment 1041951View attachment 1041952
Synergy
View attachment 1041953View attachment 1041954
Phone home x iranian early flower.
Triangle pheno x roadkill unicorn.
Three leaf pheno. Was 2 out of a 24 plant run.
View attachment 1041955View attachment 1041956
Silver mountain
View attachment 1041957
Still chuggin along in the u.p.
Slow but steady. Our purple triangle is just a few days away. Pretty excited! The bottom popcorn samples have been nice! A very o.g. feeling buzz. And samples from the quantum kush are so chill and clear but very blown away! Feels good to get stoned enough to forget your bowl. The bowls not done, but you are! Lol
And I got something for all you rippers out there too! Lol

420trout

420trout

Everyone been harvesting? I started last Saturday and have been trimming a couple plants every night.

flowerlover

flowerlover

Everyone been harvesting? I started last Saturday and have been trimming a couple plants every night.
I am in trim hell. I am working on my own. I have been trimming last 4 days - 10 hours/day. I think I have 100 buds to go. I am sure I could have waited another week to get more amber - because I have mostly milky - but I am up against a deadline. I had two plants. I am just growing for myself (medical user for sleep) - and wondering why I need to trim it so close and make it so pretty. So - I started leaving the sugar leaves with lots of crystals on the buds - so when it dries they will wrap around. Also I have so much - I started skipping the small buds and just throwing those in a bin. I have been washing too - because I have some aphids. Do you have a picture of a trimmed bud? Mine are not pretty....

Chinook3

Chinook3

I need to go to trim school. After 3 or 4 plants I am getting into the groove but i really need to go back to the first couple and do a better job. Best looking plant so far has been Zweet OG.
Also found a few seeds on a gg#4. Thinking it must have made a male flower and made a few seeds. Happy Croptober!

Chinook3

R

redshift75

When you get to a certain point. I find myself cutting off lots of extra knowing its all getting turned into free medibles for people. So idc if i cut some of the bud off excessively to flush it up. Is different levels to quality in terms of bud appearance. SO i go by some of the comments made in the past by prominent people about some of different standards they go for the judging metric for competitions. Sometimes some plants you gotta cut deep and make them straight cuts into the bud to make it look the best. Other times you get beautiful ones that clean up super nice and stay natural. I've been drying with most leaves on and its become a lot easier cleaning em up with the leaves dry. My fine point trimmers help me cut it all out. I dont have trim bins or anything so its made it hard. i do however have a big table i lay plastic down and do it all.

420trout

420trout

I try to get as much of the leaves off with stem as I can. Then I "haircut" them with long scissors cutting off all the green leaf that I can't get to the stem and remove. I tried dry trimming this year for the first time and have to confess, I just don't like it. I trim everything while its still fresh. Between my 2 grows I have 20 plants, most of them only 3-4 feet. I expect to harvest 1.5 - 2 lbs. I can do 2 plants in 3-4 hours. Only 10 more to go!

Flowerlover, you sound like a friend of mine. He grew 12 really large plants and it's just him. Last year I trimmed for him 4-5 hours a day for 5 days. This year due to my own grow I have only helped him one night. I talked to him last night and he said he's hardly put a dent in it.

flowerlover

flowerlover

I try to get as much of the leaves off with stem as I can. Then I "haircut" them with long scissors cutting off all the green leaf that I can't get to the stem and remove. I tried dry trimming this year for the first time and have to confess, I just don't like it. I trim everything while its still fresh. Between my 2 grows I have 20 plants, most of them only 3-4 feet. I expect to harvest 1.5 - 2 lbs. I can do 2 plants in 3-4 hours. Only 10 more to go!

Flowerlover, you sound like a friend of mine. He grew 12 really large plants and it's just him. Last year I trimmed for him 4-5 hours a day for 5 days. This year due to my own grow I have only helped him one night. I talked to him last night and he said he's hardly put a dent in it.
I like fresh trimming too. I like my scissors that have a little bit of a curve to the end and so I have a technique I developed with them. I was planning on having my brother-in law and a friend come help - but my daughter has flu and now nobody wants to be at my house (oh well...more for me). I feel your friend's pain!!!! This is picture of my tree after 5 days of constant trimming. I do love my scissors - and it is kind of relaxing to snip away and listen to tunes...and I'm always just doing "one more" before I am done for the day.

420trout

420trout

I hit the half way point, sort of, last night. I am half way by numbers, but the biggest plants have yet to be cut. Worse yet my girlfriend who has been helping trim is off to Florida for ten days so I will end up doing the rest by myself.

Cobray

Cobray

I'm trimming a bit each night. Self taught. Just chopping away until it looks like a good bud. Probably taking off too much, but there's plenty to go around. Lots of people I know had good harvests this year.
On the downside, I am drying in the garage. No way to control temp or humidity. Just got them hanging with a box fan hoping for the best.

R

redshift75

whether their ready or not. Time to shout "timber" cause these trees is coming down. hit 25 last night. havent been outside. Left em full open. Will take photos see how the held up. I know they suffered greatly from not manicuring them and training them so they'd fully develop. Too many suckers. But was mostly a test for frost genetics. Ill let you all know what we end up with at end of the day.

R

redshift75

storm wreaked havoc but we got it all harvested and fully trimmed. Been up basically since my last post. last picture in dry tent was half way through trimming at about 3 am last night.

IMG 20201016 140837
IMG 20201016 140840
IMG 20201016 140846
IMG 20201016 140848
IMG 20201016 142907
IMG 20201016 144826
IMG 20201016 155748
IMG 20201017 065734
IMG 20201017 065754
420trout

420trout

Did everyone get done with their harvest yet? I got mine done, took 10 days, 2-3 hours a night and grossed 2 pounds of flower and a decent amount of trim for edibles. I wet trimmed it all and tried to take my time and get it done right, but towards the end there I was starting to rush things and I was very much tired of trimming. I am headed to a buddy's house to help harvest his 4 little plants tonight. First time grower, I gave him clones, told him to get the fox farms trio, same as I use, and follow the feeding schedule. His plants are about a third the size of mine. I have no idea what the hell he did wrong? If he grows agaion next year I am going to be more hands on with his grow to get it dialed in right.

R

redshift75

Did everyone get done with their harvest yet? I got mine done, took 10 days, 2-3 hours a night and grossed 2 pounds of flower and a decent amount of trim for edibles. I wet trimmed it all and tried to take my time and get it done right, but towards the end there I was starting to rush things and I was very much tired of trimming. I am headed to a buddy's house to help harvest his 4 little plants tonight. First time grower, I gave him clones, told him to get the fox farms trio, same as I use, and follow the feeding schedule. His plants are about a third the size of mine. I have no idea what the hell he did wrong? If he grows agaion next year I am going to be more hands on with his grow to get it dialed in right.
i never got back to posting I got knocked out of life end of last season so didn't get to finish everything but the auto controllers did all the work for me in my absence.

averaged great for the season. took us 2 full weeks to process and 37 days total for it all to dry and its just all finished curing some of it has been cured for a few months to my liking depending where it was in harvest. my best strain was monster from eva seeds tested out at a little over 27% for the grow. second was power russian at 22%. everything else averaged 19. waiting on the results from stuff i sent out to cure to see losses over harvest/dry/cure or increases to help perfect my setup. Have had good luck using Iron Labs in MI for anyone that ends up needing a lab.

shaganja

shaganja

WHAT ARE RUNNIN MICHIGAN?!

What ya michiganders got started for your 2021 summer? I got a bunch of fun stuff this year! Doing some skunks, and some diesel, and some medicinal calming strains, and some popular ones like blue dream, pineapple express, g.s.c., tangie, a triangle kush cross.....pretty excited!

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

View attachment 1116001
What ya michiganders got started for your 2021 summer? I got a bunch of fun stuff this year! Doing some skunks, and some diesel, and some medicinal calming strains, and some popular ones like blue dream, pineapple express, g.s.c., tangie, a triangle kush cross.....pretty excited!

That’s a solid lineup you have there!!! I have some freshly rooted clones of Humboldt Dream getting ready to go outdoor in the next few weeks. I have ran it indoors and haven’t been the biggest fan of it, but I got it for its pest and disease resistance...so it’s going out there lol. This week I also popped some Hazelnut Cream and Guicy Banger by Exotics Genetix that may make it out by June.

Also throwing out some wild flowers and marigolds for passive pest control we shall see how this goes.

shaganja

shaganja

That’s a solid lineup you have there!!! I have some freshly rooted clones of Humboldt Dream getting ready to go outdoor in the next few weeks. I have ran it indoors and haven’t been the biggest fan of it, but I got it for its pest and disease resistance...so it’s going out there lol. This week I also popped some Hazelnut Cream and Guicy Banger by Exotics Genetix that may make it out by June.

Also throwing out some wild flowers and marigolds for passive pest control we shall see how this goes.
Am a huge fan of companion planting! Have a thread called no till regenerative. If you are keeping bugs away, also try cilantro, peppermint, and dill. There a bunch more too!

R

redshift75

I couldnt get back up and running til about 2 weeks ago so Im about 6-8 weeks behind where I want to be and am also waiting to finish a few things to rearrange my entire grow op and expand 4 more tents.

shaganja

shaganja

View attachment 1116001
And since I'm a yooper, all my gear is end of sept! Trying hard to keep away from mold this season!

Latest posts

Top Bottom