michigan purps story

• Thread starter bigbossbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Friends of that original crew are still around and things have become much tighter and well organized. The purple that is spoken of is still very much alive; purple is my favourite flavoured candy =P, i'm sure you know what i mean roses. The original hookahville was held at a place called nelsons ledges, however it has since been disband and not many people go to the festivals there anymore. It has been a pleasure lookin back on the past and also a reminder for why we must all be safe. Take it Easy guys.

S

Shamrock

Friends of that original crew are still around and things have become much tighter and well organized. The purple that is spoken of is still very much alive; purple is my favourite flavoured candy =P, i'm sure you know what i mean roses. The original hookahville was held at a place called nelsons ledges, however it has since been disband and not many people go to the festivals there anymore. It has been a pleasure lookin back on the past and also a reminder for why we must all be safe. Take it Easy guys.

When you say the original crew are talking about DP? If you are a friend of the crew then it is very possible that we may know each other. We should talk bro.

S

skull and roses

hey man, i believe your story on all this, def not ruling it out by any means. just telling what i knew about it. you should get at me when you get a minute. i am still holding it and shes still vigor. PM me and lets shoot the shit soon. peace ~SMF~

I tried to PM you but i cant because i dont have enough posts. I spend more time on IC mag. can you PM me? Or send me your Email? not sure how to communicate.

K

KiefChief420

dirtyglovedank i'd love to get my hands on some clones of that purp! are you willing to come off of any?

S

SKeTChy

sounds like a good story and smoke for sure.. hope to stumble across this someday for sure.. living in the mitten it should give me a better shot..hopefully haha

H

highflyboi

on the topic of purps.....?

i am always amazed at the royal nustiness of purple. i love purple. There are a few cuts of purple out there that have taken me back.. to that time and place that this lil package contained. i often miss it. The reason i wanted to add something to this post is..../ I remember a not so nusty purple like version of the DOCS. True kevorks people. I love this ish, and will forever link DA PURPS with that cut of the DOCS.. thanks everybody. You say purps, and i am in a time machine to retrieve material only for medicinal use. I plan on using for only good. see ya

K

Kriya

Well, well, well.. not sure if this is the same thing but I have a feeling the purps is the mystery purps that my 'friend' crossed his sweet tooth too...

I was told this is sweet tooth x unknown michigan purps.... : called the CONCORD GRAPE...

I put a nug of grendel in the pics for comparison... I will snap a shot of one about 6 weeks into flower when I can and post it.. curious if it is the same..

stay safe, be a true american : KEEP GROWING!!...

aum shanti

Kriya

Concordgrendel
soserthc1

soserthc1

yuuuup.....i sourced my cut from a former "DP" member and my boys older brother was the starter of that cut. worked that one for a while and gave it to my boy that still runs it. i felt as it was a bad luck stain since everyone that originally started her is caught up now or in jail. here is a few pics from a few years back of my last run with her in week 5. she could get chopped at 8 weeks and killed at 9. made everyone quite sleepy yet had thinner leafs like a sativa. no idea what the strain really was but we always called it the purple or the 62.50z because it used to go for 500 a zip since it was the first colored but in our scene. flavor was of candy grapes and just exotic. excuse the crap pic, it was before i learned to use a camera lol ~SMF~
def a nice looking flower and killer bud color. looks like small yielder though ?

K

Kriya

yea it is, not horrible but not a producer by any means... I get about 2 zips or less per 5gal all organic ...

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah the yield on it is not to great. I can get 3 or so per 5 , full organic but you need to bush it out and chop off all the smaller bottoms as they don't get any density to them. Got purple flavor all in all though, iv found the original grape ape and the real deal purple urkle to be better

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I loved "The Purps" we were getting in mid MI from mid to late 90's. Skunk pepper face sweater. It was only mildly purple small rock hard nuggies.

D

drnogato

this is an old thread, but i thought i would give the real story on the Mich purps. It was obtained by my best friend and my whole crew. We met some ohio kids at a Ekoostic Hookah outdooor festival (Hookahville) in ohio. The ohio kids were puffing this really dank ass lime green strain that they said was Green spirit. My buddy then asked them for a cutting and the one dude actually said ok.....then left the show to get it!!!!!!! Crazy!!! he came back with ONE seed!!! then we partied at the show all weekend and it poured rain, we barely got out of the mud at the end because we were in my RV and it kept getting stuck. So anyhow my friend put the ONE seed in a small baggie, spit in the bag and kinda forgot about it. We did manage to take it out of the RV and then left it at his house. About a week later we were hanging out at his pad puffin' some Big Boss(hehe) and my hand felt the baggie between the couch cushions. The seed had sprouted and he planted it.....this is what turned out to be the PURPS!!!! Believe me. we blew it up and other close friends got it and gave it to other people. It is or was legendary. When grown properly it was one of the best strains i have ever had. My friend and i both moved to cali but did not bring it (long story) The reason i would love to have it again is because it rocks and it has sentimental value....my friend who's actual spit started that strain passed away in 2001. I would love to talk about it if anyones still out there....PEACE!!!

Ya This is old as hell thread but just brings back memories . I was around too . Your friend that died , his initials were " J.W." no ?

The strain was amazing back in the day and could yield big too if done properly .
Saw it a few months back for the first time in years and years .
Degraded as hell . Obviously the same strain but sadly degraded .

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Ya This is old as hell thread but just brings back memories . I was around too . Your friend that died , his initials were " J.W." no ?

The strain was amazing back in the day and could yield big too if done properly .

It's not that degraded, it might not be nearly as vigorous as it once was but definatly not degraded lol.... Take it easy

S

skull and roses

Way old thread and i havent been on the Farm, but you are 100% about the initials 'J.W.' good news is that i got the Purps back!!! The cut i have is the same it hasnt degraded at all and she loves coco!! I think i might cross my rascal clone only fire OG to it, and the Cherry Pie. for now though i'm gonna enjoy the pure original purps started by J.W. spit!! we must know each other drnogato or have mutual friends for sure. I just finished a round with 2 gal coco, drip lines 3X per 12 hour lights on, canna coco base, hammerhead MOAB combo, few other additives, 16 per 1K and it pulled a hair over 2lbs a light.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

This is the Purps I ran for years. IBL Mendo Purps. The taste is pure sweet grape koolaid and the nugs are purple and frosty. Not the biggest yielder but rock hard purple nugs. Still got a few of these old ass seeds around, gifted a cple to a friend but they didn't pop. I'm gonna be tryin a few soon, hope they still got some life in em. This was the Purps phenol I ran for about 3yrs. MGG

purps-8-31-10-001-jpg.314536
purps-8-31-10-004-jpg.314537
purps-8-31-10-007-jpg.314538
purps-8-31-10-010-jpg.314539
purps-8-31-10-013-jpg.314540
jillybean-coloww-purps-008-jpg.314541

D

drnogato

Made a cross with the original cut from J.W. about 2002 : NL5xChemo X Michigan Purps .
At the time I popped about 100 beans and did a real pheno search and the keeper was a plant that had a real dense indica structure like NL but was completely purple , super dark and the most purple plant Ive come across . I called it black kush . 600 per zip but those are now referred to as " the good old days " lol .

3 runs down the line my place ended up getting hit by rippers , must have been pissed that it was only at 4 weeks , although the smell was lighting up the whole neighborhood , took the 4 week buds and smashed my lights and clones . That was the end of that .

Fast forward to 6 months ago . Popped the rest of the beans (36) and 14 popped, but didn't find that dark purple pheno this time . The best I found was a sativa leaning plant that finishes at 8-9 weeks , has the chemo smell and taste with a little fruity pebbles mixed in and is light lime green with the original purps structure . Super Super vigorous plants vegging so fast . Got some pollen off of 2 males , gonna hit it and see if I can cast a wide enough net and find a pheno like the original purps with that same vigor !!!

Ill post pics when they finish up .

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

This is the Purps I ran for years. IBL Mendo Purps. The taste is pure sweet grape koolaid and the nugs are purple and frosty. Not the biggest yielder but rock hard purple nugs. Still got a few of these old ass seeds around, gifted a cple to a friend but they didn't pop. I'm gonna be tryin a few soon, hope they still got some life in em. This was the Purps phenol I ran for about 3yrs. MGG

purps-8-31-10-001-jpg.314536
purps-8-31-10-004-jpg.314537
purps-8-31-10-007-jpg.314538
purps-8-31-10-010-jpg.314539
purps-8-31-10-013-jpg.314540
jillybean-coloww-purps-008-jpg.314541
VERY nice pheno greengenes!!!!

Top Bottom