MICROBE LIFT bsp...barley straw pellets+

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slap14

mornin all....i was at a local garden shop yesterday, and seen this product..read the labels and bought it..
i was thinking it would b a good ammendment for my soil :) it has peat and humates in it alsohttp://www.microbeliftstore.com/shop/images/microbelift_barley_pellets.jpg

any thoughts or exp on this stuff

Hey Jim,

I did read that barley products cause a negative effect on fungi. What I read was people who have water features often use barley products to git rid of algae and fungi build up. I would have to do more research but I personally would be concerned about the barleys effect on my myco fungi. Let us know if you find out different:)

Slap

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Hey Jim,

I did read that barley products cause a negative effect on fungi. What I read was people who have water features often use barley products to git rid of algae and fungi build up. I would have to do more research but I personally would be concerned about the barleys effect on my myco fungi. Let us know if you find out different:)

Slap
thanks for the reply buddy...i plan on a lil more research before i do use it..it did look bennificial to the garden according to the label o_O

sky high

sky high

I'd tend to agree with slap, jim. I haven't bought these myself for my pond but I know they are used to lower pH and to control algae naturally. Not sure what effect they would have on the herd....

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I'd tend to agree with slap, jim. I haven't bought these myself for my pond but I know they are used to lower pH and to control algae naturally. Not sure what effect they would have on the herd....
i have a hand full of cuts that need a up pot ...i was thinking of amending a couple of the cuts to see how it does...
so teas are prolly out of the question then :eek:

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Anyone ever put Milo into the mix? I know from experience fungi love it. I'd suggest steeping it before adding it to soil. It helps soften and moisturize the grain as well as making the grain unviable. I tossed some in my compost raw (without steeping) and it blew up with seedlings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom