Midwest checking in

• Thread starter D.B.Cooper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

D.B.Cooper

Aloha everyone:damnhippie:

I'm a rather new (2 yrs) farmer. I started out farming in soil and have since moved on to hydro style. I still run a few soil plants from time to time. I started out with Ebb and flow and have now changed to hempy buckets due to simplicity:smiley_joint:. I am in the process of moving to another home so the show is down. I have alot of seed strains, but I am running a selected cut of SD IBL and Black Widow from MR. Nice. I plan to pop new seeds when I get my move completed.

I just wanted to introduce myself and cant wait to add to this great community:420:

M

Mantis

Welcome, D.B.Cooper!

Fellow Midwesterner here. I just started my first grow. I'm going to plant in soil because that's what I know from helping a friend with his garden for the past year or two. Just curious, why did you personally switched to mostly hydro? Faster grows, stronger buds, better smell and flavor, less mess? Do tell.

:bong2:

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
reppin the midbest 2 bro welcome

D

D.B.Cooper

Thanks for stopping in and saying hello!

Pimpin Midwest STAND UP! Lots of headies here in the crossroads of the US.

buddygreen It really all depends to be honest. First its about who you know obviously. Second depends on your demographic. for instance in my city, in the urban areas the "Kush" goes for a higher price than in the 'burbs. All n all I would say $350-$500. Strain also dictates price. I have seen Bubba go for $450 in the burbs and Master Kush get $300.

D

D.B.Cooper

Welcome, D.B.Cooper!

Fellow Midwesterner here. I just started my first grow. I'm going to plant in soil because that's what I know from helping a friend with his garden for the past year or two. Just curious, why did you personally switched to mostly hydro? Faster grows, stronger buds, better smell and flavor, less mess? Do tell.

:bong2:
Ooops I almost forgot to respond....

I had been reading about hydro for sometime before I ever attempted to grow in soil. I tried soil first because it was the safest way for me to learn about the plant. I did two runs in soil then got a 4x4 table. I tried E&F and drip lines. I hate having a res (cleaning, always topping off, ect...) and cleaning the lines sucked also. I found hempy buckets and gave my res and pumps away.

I basically switched over to mostly hydro for most of the reasons you listed. I get a slightly faster, bigger, (some say frostier, but the jury is still out on that) harvest. I still run a organic pot or two in my room because I like the taste. I'm not saying that organic buds are better than hydro, just different taste.:smiley_joint:

B

buddygreen

d.b cooper i am close to the windy city numbers are ridiculous on kush $550 an ounce for good purple kush. you even got guys getting twenty dollars for half grams.I guess you can do that if you got the best green.I wonder if the strians offered by the cali connection could possibly be this good?someone please enlighten me.

D

D.B.Cooper

buddygreen I know what you mean about ridiculous prices. I will be honest, the Black Widow cut I run is DANK, but I wouldn't be able to get peeps around my way to pay $500 for a zip. Even with the SD IBL I run, it's a FROSTY grapefruit, fuel taste that coats your tongue after a hit. People are Kush Krazie...lol I have a friend that frequents another site, and he is the one that told me about Cali Connection genetics. I DONT THINK YOU COULD GO WRONG WITH ANY STRAIN THEY OFFER! I'm gonna be making a seed purchase soon, and I'm doing my research and Cali Connection gear is up high on the list.

B

buddygreen

D.B Cooper thanks for the advice. I am impressed that you are running sour d ibl is that rezdog"s gear? I heard his gear kicks out a lot of hermies.do you know of anyone else who offers sour d ibl?

A

andy107

In the wild wild midwest myslelf bro, welcome man. That SD sounds tasty!

B

BigRigRob

Howdy, glad to see ya made it out of the woods. Welcome aboard. http://i511.invalid.com/albums/s356/BigRigRob/trink39-1.gif

P.S.- anyone ever tell ya you look a little like Uncle Kaczynski ? http://i511.invalid.com/albums/s356/BigRigRob/roll-up.gif

http://i511.invalid.com/albums/s356/BigRigRob/policestation.jpg

D

D.B.Cooper

buddygreen Hey broskie, yes sir the SD IBL is from Rez. I bought into the hype as a noob and picked it up. I will be honest, I did not get ANY hermies (got lucky I guess). The cut I kept flowers in 62-66 days. Yield is nice. I dont think anyone else but Rez has a ibl of SD.

andy107 thanks for stopping by to rep the MidWest baby!!

BigRigRob Hey bro, I had a bad day in the pic....didn't feel like smiling. Thanks for saying hola.

N

Northstar521

Welcome aboard neighbor... One hell of a resource site we're on here.. Glad to see another brave soul in the Midwest... Has wisc decided yet? I know they were discussing at the same time that nj and dc were.. And they went I think... If you guys get the ok... I'm crossin the great cheese divide;)

Top Bottom