Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Im trying my hand at compost this year : ) for application next year.

200-300!? Holy cow! Whats the area of that once they’re planted? I like the idea of a cherry tomato row👍
About 6’x40’ across a whole row gets dedicated, the cherry tomatoes I wan to use to replace the fence / chicken wire, so I’m gunna do similar to a Florida weave / grapevine system with some short posts and some twine and see how it goes I think maybe mix beans in between the tomatoes

Soil is super nice 10” down by hand with just a quick till

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I am WAY too old to dig up garden beds, by hand or any other way. I've dug mine up 2' deep a couple times through the past decade and it's 10 x 40' I'm all done with that nonsense🤣
Oh I hear ya I’m fucking DEAD but it’s my addiction, I love growing shit and every year I must do more it’s like my ol’ lady says “Mike always has to fuckin go big or go home” 🤣🤣 it’s just so fuckin fun, here I am up potting my clones and frostettes 🤣

Wife is a driftwood collector, I suggested she gets a wood burner… well she did 🤣

Her First go looks pretty cool

IMG 3974
IMG 3975
IMG 3976
IMG 3977
IMG 3978
IMG 3980
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Morning folks!

Watered with some flower fuel gunna mix that in 3 day watering roatation plan will be one per watering OG tea next watering FF Cal-Mag / next watering flower fuel / repeat

We’ll see how that goes, the Frostette clones exploded with the flower fuel so hopefully mixing in the Tea to the mix improves even more

IMG 3986
IMG 3987
IMG 3988
IMG 3989
IMG 3983
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
About 6’x40’ across a whole row gets dedicated, the cherry tomatoes I wan to use to replace the fence / chicken wire, so I’m gunna do similar to a Florida weave / grapevine system with some short posts and some twine and see how it goes I think maybe mix beans in between the tomatoes

Thats some serious gardening : ) GREAT JOB on the soil!!! I know it takes time and knowledge to be able to do that!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Morning folks!

Watered with some flower fuel gunna mix that in 3 day watering roatation plan will be one per watering OG tea next watering FF Cal-Mag / next watering flower fuel / repeat

We’ll see how that goes, the Frostette clones exploded with the flower fuel so hopefully mixing in the Tea to the mix improves even more
Even your joints are perfect!😍 😆

Your efforts and posts are both inspiring and humbling lol! : )

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Thats some serious gardening : ) GREAT JOB on the soil!!! I know it takes time and knowledge to be able to do that!
Right back at it! Gotta get the plastic down, expansion is done got the compost layer in just before dark and stripped all the weeds along the fence, gotta do the back edge, just got back had to pick up food for dinner and some caulk tubes of gorilla glue adhesive to seal the edges together on the rolls.

Grabbed 5 quart jars of last years maters and a ton of onions and garlic and made up some fresh sauce then mixed up some ground beef onions and garlic and a ton of secret Sicilian spices and made up my 1/2 lb meatballs, getting hair sear then into the sauce to cook, and back to the garden I go

IMG 3994
IMG 3995
IMG 4007
IMG 4011
IMG 4013

IMG 4001
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Double threat!! 😍I Iike ah the spicey meatballs 🤌! Is your wife going to get her watermelons? : )
Yep 10 watermelon sprouted in the greenhouse 😁

Still goin at it, time for some meatballs and beer then back to it, gunna make some plywood/osb plates and spike them down with 24” concrete pins to make sure it dosent fly away lol

ill report back with progress 🤣

IMG 4020
IMG 4021
Rama777

Rama777

We’ve figured out that we’re totally covered with every variety of tomato that we could really want within the indeterminates. Single or double stem leaders on a string is sooo much easier “for us.” Gotta pinch all the suckers but I rather enjoy that task. Only weaving I do anymore is with some tall lanky hot peppers.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Yep 10 watermelon sprouted in the greenhouse 😁

Still goin at it, time for some meatballs and beer then back to it, gunna make some plywood/osb plates and spike them down with 24” concrete pins to make sure it dosent fly away lol

ill report back with progress 🤣
Great looking soil Mike, so envious. NC red clay just doesn't have the same feel. Growing up in Western Mass we had that black soil.
I've been working the same plot here for 30 years and a mountain of compost later I have kinda brown soil!😉

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Great looking soil Mike, so envious. NC red clay just doesn't have the same feel. Growing up in Western Mass we had that black soil.
I've been working the same plot here for 30 years and a mountain of compost later I have kinda brown soil!😉
Tons of sandy loom here I live in winery and fruit country, fuckin nuts, I’ll grab some tree pics of some 3 year old trees in awhile,

Finally got the garden how I want it fuck weeds 🤣

Went through 5 grams in my yard work box today 🤣 Frostette and GP x Okie where the strains of choice today thanks to @Trustfall 👊👊

IMG 4020
IMG 4022
IMG 4024
IMG 4025
IMG 4026
IMG 4027
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
We’ve figured out that we’re totally covered with every variety of tomato that we could really want within the indeterminates. Single or double stem leaders on a string is sooo much easier “for us.” Gotta pinch all the suckers but I rather enjoy that task. Only weaving I do anymore is with some tall lanky hot peppers.
That’s pretty much the pan, may even test a few techniques at once, long open edge will have T-posts and I plan to run 10x cherry tomatoes grapevine style it’s first year soil under the plastic there so it’s a test but we’ll get it workin, this is to really smoke any weed seeds in the soil this year and really get those worms up next Thai is a fun project garden wife just lets me run with it year ti year but at the end of the day it’s an organic permaculture based garden, I play around but never sway from organic

I mean the garden is large but not HUGE, but enough for one man and a 3HP tiller (RIP she blew out right at the end 🤣 she held on till I was done before she blew though haha. Search for a a new tiller begins 😆

First pic is cocktail frit tree (6 types of fruit one tree? We’ll see) but ther is a nectarine, then backyard has 2 honeycrisp apple 2 dwarf Havana peach, 2 Havana peach, 1 2 dwarf peach are startin to take off, the non dwarf are slacking but I think that’s due to Jon dwarf genetics takes longer to root deep and grow, I’ll add more in probably lol

Strawberries are flowering like crazy already

It sure what to put on the nets This year though

IMG 4035
IMG 4028
IMG 4029
IMG 4036
Top Bottom